Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lions PG

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Lions PG

Fun fact from Reddit.

We are 1-31 in our last 32 games playing teams starting their starting qb (aka their starting qb isn't injured). The one win was week 1 against Carson Wentz.

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fun fact from Reddit.

We are 1-31 in our last 32 games playing teams starting their starting qb (aka their starting qb isn't injured). The one win was week 1 against Carson Wentz.
That is not a "fun" fact. That is F'n ridiculous.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Fun fact from Reddit.

That is next level atrocious. We legitimately might be the worst team in the NFL. Wish we played the Jets this year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:07 PM   #19
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

I raked leaves today and later found myself watching, and rooting for, the Ravens? The apocalypse has finally arrived.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:17 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fun fact from Reddit.

Wow
Old 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM   #21
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Strange game.

The first drive not ending with points, the mist 43 yarder, Terry's fumble and CY penalty are all killers.

This D is an enigma to me. They were soft as Normandie butter early. Then made some key stops to allow the comeback, then couldn't stop a 16 seconds left FG drive... (which Stafford is excellent at, one of the most underrated players in the league IMO).

Alex Smith played way better than what we could expect out of him, not on him.

Also don't forget we got a couple of nice breaks: the tipped pass completed to Wright (IIRC) that could've easily gone the other way, the PI and then holding calls on Trufant, the facemask flag on CY being picked up (good call IMO but that flag stays 70%+ of the time...).

Better team won. We gotta play for 60 minutes if we want to get Ws ...
Old 11-16-2020, 02:06 AM   #22
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Strange game.

The first drive not ending with points, the mist 43 yarder, Terry's fumble and CY penalty are all killers.

This D is an enigma to me. They were soft as Normandie butter early. Then made some key stops to allow the comeback, then couldn't stop a 16 seconds left FG drive... (which Stafford is excellent at, one of the most underrated players in the league IMO).

Also don't forget we got a couple of nice breaks: the tipped pass completed to Wright (IIRC) that could've easily gone the other way, the PI and then holding calls on Trufant, the facemask flag on CY being picked up (good call IMO but that flag stays 70%+ of the time...).

I agree 100% with pretty much everything you wrote here.

This team hasn't played 60 minutes of good football yet this year. The offense has played good at times, and the defense has played really good at times. However, the inconsistency on both sides is frustrating. I will give the offense a pass, considering there have been 3 different quarterbacks probably 6 or 8 different receivers, and 8 or 9 office of linemen, on top of installing a new system.

The defense, however, they don't get a pass. They need to step up.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:18 AM   #23
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I agree 100% with pretty much everything you wrote here.

This team hasn't played 60 minutes of good football yet this year. The offense has played good at times, and the defense has played really good at times. However, the inconsistency on both sides is frustrating. I will give the offense a pass, considering there have been 3 different quarterbacks probably 6 or 8 different receivers, and 8 or 9 office of linemen, on top of installing a new system.

The defense, however, they don't get a pass. They need to step up.
Yeah exactly my sentiment, we're allowed to expect more out of this Defense.

Plus as a D you need to play 60 minutes. It's OK for an Offense to only put 3 and half drives together if you score 24 points out of them and be dead the rest of the game.

But as a Defense, a couple of impressive stops and sacks do you no good if you give up 3 huge TD plays and can't stop the run for 2 quarters. ..

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 02:21 AM   #24
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Fun fact from Reddit.

That’s depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #25
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So last year Manusky took a lot of blame. Somewhere he has to be 😂. We are seeing the same stuff as we did last year. Broken coverages, missed tackles and lack of pass rush. Where was it yesterday?This defense is such garbage.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So last year Manusky took a lot of blame. Somewhere he has to be 😂. We are seeing the same stuff as we did last year. Broken coverages, missed tackles and lack of pass rush. Where was it yesterday?This defense is such garbage.
Along with Jay gruden on offense with a 40-something year old on a broken leg throwing 50 times. Going 60 yards and taking 16 plays to do so.

The decision making process and coaching has been a let down so far. Also In a year I expect us to be talking about hiring a real GM and separating Rivera from those responsibilities.

Our only hope is Dan is forced to sell the team.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why was Haskins allowed to start the season if he was never the guy?

Why was Cornelius Lucas and Wes Schweitzer not starting on the left side on the Oline when they have been heads and tails better than Geron Christian and Wes Martin?

The dishonesty and bullshit flowing from Rivera...I don’t see a fucking culture change when we don’t play the best players from the onset. Horseshit

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #28
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Strange game.

Great points.. This loss is because of the defense - our Dline players did not generate any significant pressure on Stafford. Also, the defense played really deep in Stafford's last drive which made it easy for Stafford to make a couple of throws to reach to Prater's FG range. I knew that would happen when I recognized how deep our DBs were when Stafford was ready to snap the ball.

While Smith played better than we expected, he showed he was the same QB in the first half. I don't know if that is due to Turner's play-calling or Smith was being conserve as usual. The offense must have good start in the first half to keep us in the game. The offense always started slow in first half and then come to wake up in the second half, this trend cannot continue if we want to win games.

Despite the loss, I did see a few positives. Kamren Curl and Isaiah Wright continue to show us why they should be on the field. I realized this in the game yesterday, I haven't heard much about Ronald Darby since the opener game, which is a good thing. I wasn't a fan of signing Darby when we signed him but now I would consider signing him to an extension. I'm still concerned about his injury history though.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:42 AM   #29
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why was Haskins allowed to start the season if he was never the guy?

Why was Cornelius Lucas and Wes Schweitzer not starting on the left side on the Oline when they have been heads and tails better than Geron Christian and Wes Martin?

The dishonesty and bullshit flowing from Rivera...I don’t see a fucking culture change when we don’t play the best players from the onset. Horseshit
You want wins this year, Rivera wants (or wanted now that he realized we are not far off from clinching the division) to evaluate everyone on the roster this year. Big difference.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #30
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Strange game.

https://frenchfoodintheus.org/504#:~...ning%20process. ?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote