WFT Vs Chargers Pre Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-10-2021, 04:44 PM   #91
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: WFT Vs Chargers Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This Chargers team is no joke, the defense has a few damn good players.. Bosa and James lead the way but overall its a good unit. This will be a dogfight for sure
It's a talented team. What is your take on the HC. Taking a 1 yr DC and turning the reins of the team over to him?

Their OC was the Saints QB Coach 2016-2020, and the Lions OC in 2014/2015 (fired with the whole staff after the Lions started 1-6)

Who is calling plays? What track record does he bring?

On the defensive side - their DC has worked with Vic Faggio, and was Pittsburghs DB coach for 3 years, but again only has 5 years of pro coaching experience and all of it as DB coach.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #92
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

And just to add to their coaching staff question, their special teams coach is Derius Swinton II this is his record from Wikipedia:
tl;dr - lots of opportunities little growth

Tennessee
In 2007, Swinton became a defensive graduate assistant at Tennessee and would stay in that role all the way through the 2008 season.

St. Louis Rams
In 2009, Swinton was hired by the St. Louis Rams as the special teams quality control coach, he maintained that role for three seasons, before being let go after the 2011 season.

Kansas City Chiefs
In 2012, Swinton had been offered another job in the same role by the Kansas City Chiefs. He worked with Kansas City's newly hired offensive quality control coach, Jim Bob Cooter, who he was familiar with from his days at Tennessee.

Denver Broncos
In 2013, Swinton was hired by the Denver Broncos as a special teams assistant. He stayed with Broncos for two seasons from 2013 to 2014.

Chicago Bears
In 2015, Swinton followed John Fox, who was fired by the Broncos, to the Chicago Bears to serve as a special teams assistant.

San Francisco 49ers
On January 22, 2016, Swinton was hired by the San Francisco 49ers as their special teams coordinator under by head coach Chip Kelly.[2]

Chicago Bears (second stint)
Following the firing of Kelly in San Francisco, Swinton returned to the Chicago Bears as their assistant special teams coach in 2017.

Detroit Lions
In 2018, Swinton was hired by the Detroit Lions as an offensive assistant under head coach Matt Patricia.

Arizona Cardinals
In 2019, Swinton joined the Arizona Cardinals under the Bill Walsh NFL diversity coaching fellowship. In 2020, Swinton was hired full-time by the Cardinals to serve as their assistant special teams coach.

Los Angeles Chargers
On January 25, 2021, Swinton was hired by the Los Angeles Chargers as their special teams coordinator under head coach Brandon Staley.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 09-10-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:05 AM   #93
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

More about the Chargers. Their pass receiving group is:
WR Keenan Allen
WR Mike Williams
TE Donald Parham
TE Jared Cook
RB Austin Ekeler

The biggest worry in that group is Mike Williams who St Juste will be tasked with defending. WJ3 took on Allen last year and did a good job of it. Neither TE strikes me as dynamic so our LBs should be able to track them. Ekeler is a problem but may be hampered by his hamstring.

Add in an offensive line that has never played a snap together in a game or even a joint practice, an OC who has called a total of 22 games, and our D if it is who they say they are, ought to be able to control this game from start to end.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #94
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am way too excited for this team and this game. Setting myself up for the huge WFT letdown.

The Chargers OL has never played a game, or even a snap, together. Bulaga is 34 and has a bad hip. Their center is top notch, but they have a rookie (likely very good) at LT, and their guards aren't elite. I can see Ionnaidis, Payne and Allen destroying the center of their line. That gives us 7 in the back end to make it difficult for Herbert to find the open guy. Their TE's are just guys.

I just think that the WFT should win by a mile.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #95
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cred damn it…put down the kool aid and vodka!

I hope you are right!!!!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:58 PM   #96
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cred damn it…put down the kool aid and vodka!

I hope you are right!!!!
Just kool-aid for now. If we lose tomorrow then lotsa vodka
Old 09-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #97
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am way too excited for this team and this game. Setting myself up for the huge WFT letdown.

The Chargers OL has never played a game, or even a snap, together. Bulaga is 34 and has a bad hip. Their center is top notch, but they have a rookie (likely very good) at LT, and their guards aren't elite. I can see Ionnaidis, Payne and Allen destroying the center of their line. That gives us 7 in the back end to make it difficult for Herbert to find the open guy. Their TE's are just guys.

I just think that the WFT should win by a mile.

Cliché, but this game will definitely be won or lost in the trenches.
Our Dline has a chance to destroy their OL and take over the game... as long as our OL handles their talented Dline well !
Old 09-11-2021, 09:39 PM   #98
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Jarred Noris elevated from PS

This is my biggest knock on an otherwise highly encouraging offseason. Why didn't we sign a proven vet at LB ? ...
Our back ups are hybrid LB Hudson, David effin Mayo and Jared freakin Norris...
Old 09-11-2021, 10:07 PM   #99
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Jarred Noris elevated from PS

This is my biggest knock on an otherwise highly encouraging offseason. Why didn't we sign a proven vet at LB ? ...

Our back ups are hybrid LB Hudson, David effin Mayo and Jared freakin Norris...
Agreed. I thought Rivera and Del Rio would make sure that position would be handled, but sometimes coaches who have a strength in a position think they can coach up or see talent others don't. I want to trust them but if our LBs don't play better it will be a long day tomorrow.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:17 PM   #100
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I love the story of the chargers quarterback, seems like a good kid that doesn’t want the attention that goes along with being a great quarterback,humble kid.Having said that I still hope we whip their ass tomorrow!
Does anyone have a link to watch this game bootleg style? I will not see it in Houston without it
Old 09-11-2021, 11:18 PM   #101
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Also I don’t know why we’re starting Fitz Patrick, I want to see Heineken get in there,fitz should be the backup,the kid deserves a chance!
Plus if we do good this year we’re going to give another year to fitz? Unless we completely suck we’re not going to get a shot drafting one of the good quarterbacks from college so we should see what Heineken has in him
Old 09-12-2021, 01:18 AM   #102
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Agreed. I thought Rivera and Del Rio would make sure that position would be handled, but sometimes coaches who have a strength in a position think they can coach up or see talent others don't. I want to trust them but if our LBs don't play better it will be a long day tomorrow.

Yeah I want to trust them... But Mayo and Norris flat out sucked ass in pre season. Zero speed, slow to react, bad angles... Hard to watch.

If Bostic gets back to his 2 years ago form we should be ok... But we'll have to pray for zero injuries..

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2021, 03:26 AM   #103
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Norris is here as a Special Teamer, would have been the 7th LB any other year, raising him up off of the PS on gameday was always going to happen because they were comfortable that no one else would sign him to play LB, and for good reason. The problem is with LB3 to 6, or most particularly LB3 if you consider Bostic a backup.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #104
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Norris is here as a Special Teamer, would have been the 7th LB any other year, raising him up off of the PS on gameday was always going to happen because they were comfortable that no one else would sign him to play LB, and for good reason. The problem is with LB3 to 6, or most particularly LB3 if you consider Bostic a backup.
Issue we don't have 7 LB on the roster. Even our 3rd starter is questionable, and there's not guarantee he's coming off the field on nickel packages rather that rookie Davis. And behind that we have nothing. It's not about Jared Norris. It's about having no other back up traditional LB than him and Mayo.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2021, 07:07 AM   #105
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I think that is what I said
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote