Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #166
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Gets easier every year
Yes it does … I Dvr most of games .. I’m not spending my sundays yellin at a TV watchin this performance… turn it around and I’ll watch in real time ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2021, 06:35 AM   #167
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Another bad loss or two and I can see this season getting really ugly. Like top 5 pick kind of ugly. ATL is going to be code red.

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Yes it does … I Dvr most of games .. I’m not spending my sundays yellin at a TV watchin this performance… turn it around and I’ll watch in real time ..

Right. And and I think after 30 years of mostly bullshit we have earned the right to make that choice without being called fair weather fans. Lol. Not saying anyone called anybody else that but that is usually the case with fans who are only engaged when their team is good. I am a Yankees fan. I stay engaged until the end every year because they are always competitive. I am a Sixers fan and a Flyers fan too - they both have longer championship droughts than the WTF but they are pretty much consistently competitive so I stay engaged. This team has to give me two years of not being a train wreck at the very least and I have a hard time considering 7-9 as counting! When was the last time we were relevant for two consecutive years?

Last edited by punch it in; 09-29-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #169
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I'm a washington fan, as well as phillies, and flyers. I've had a rough go of it for quite a while now. Tha pandemic tournament style playoffs were the only real glimmer of hope I've had for any of my teams in a while. Sure, washington made the playoffs last year..but at 7-9 we (obviously) weren't going anywhere.
This year feels so lost. Washington has totally lost their identity. We knew what they were becoming, albeit a few years away....but now it's unknown how close or far we are from having any kind of competitive team. We are not a defensive team. We are not an offensive team. We have a fantastic punter.
Egh.

Double egh.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #170
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I'm a washington fan, as well as phillies, and flyers. I've had a rough go of it for quite a while now. Tha pandemic tournament style playoffs were the only real glimmer of hope I've had for any of my teams in a while. Sure, washington made the playoffs last year..but at 7-9 we (obviously) weren't going anywhere.
This year feels so lost. Washington has totally lost their identity. We knew what they were becoming, albeit a few years away....but now it's unknown how close or far we are from having any kind of competitive team. We are not a defensive team. We are not an offensive team. We have a fantastic punter.
Egh.

Double egh.

Takin the train off the tracks here but the Flyers looked so good in that seeding round. I really thought that was our year. Carter Hart needs to get it together this year!
Back to the WTF and our awesome punter !
Old 09-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #171
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Takin the train off the tracks here but the Flyers looked so good in that seeding round. I really thought that was our year. Carter Hart needs to get it together this year!
Back to the WTF and our awesome punter !
Carter Hart needs to take a slap shot from Al Iafrate to that mask of his.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #172
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:20 AM   #173
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

mark bullock highlights some plays.

Ereck Flowers is playing well. I didnt think he could be a good guard in space, asking him to do pulls etc but the big man is athletic.

Pretty sure it was him throwing blocks way down field on that Gibson screen to the house.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #174
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Ereck Flowers is playing well. I didnt think he could be a good guard in space, asking him to do pulls etc but the big man is athletic.

Pretty sure it was him throwing blocks way down field on that Gibson screen to the house.
Flowers and Roullier led out Gibson, and Flowers looks like he actually blocked Trumaine Edwards back so far he all but takes out another defender. More of that please.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #175
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Carter Hart needs to take a slap shot from Al Iafrate to that mask of his.

Lol. Slapshots to the mask are fine, still goes down as a save. And Dave Schultz, aka The Hammer, had a punch that makes Lafrates slapshot look slow.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #176
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

If anyone can dig up the original code red reference I would be eternally grateful. I feel like it was the furthest thing from a code red game and I just remember that whole season was dedicated to the code red. Haha.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:47 PM   #177
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Lol. Slapshots to the mask are fine, still goes down as a save. And Dave Schultz, aka The Hammer, had a punch that makes Lafrates slapshot look slow.

I was referencing his mask from a year or 2 ago when he tried to pay tribute to passed away Emery who struggled with mental health ... by having a drawing of Emery at his lowest on-ice mental health moment when he beat up an unwilling Holtby

https://youtu.be/JAxCoA6u0os

And Hart was supposedly friends with Holtby, had the same agent and Holtby talked with him as Hart was coming into the league
Old 09-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #178
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Flowers has been playing really well. He was good for us 2 years ago, and from what I saw he was good last year with Miami, we got a bargain trade with a team trying to fix their cap.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:44 PM   #179
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:

I was referencing his mask from a year or 2 ago when he tried to pay tribute to passed away Emery who struggled with mental health ... by having a drawing of Emery at his lowest on-ice mental health moment when he beat up an unwilling Holtby

https://youtu.be/JAxCoA6u0os

And Hart was supposedly friends with Holtby, had the same agent and Holtby talked with him as Hart was coming into the league

Yeah I remember watching that. Definitely didn’t need to do that BUT I still think the tribute was cool and Flyer fans don’t really care who you beat up as long as you beat someone up.
And why did Holtby start skating towards the action? He should have stayed in his crease.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:40 AM   #180
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I have the NFL Game Pass International and could watch any game I want.

But even when WFT plays on Sunday afternoon (19:00 here) I choose the Red Zone Channel. Over the crappy performances I would see mixed with commercials for stuff that is completely irrelevant to me anyway I prefer commercial-free football from all stadiums.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote