Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

1500 Still Missing, 100's Dead, Floods, Etc..

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: 1500 Still Missing, 100's Dead, Floods, Etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
It would be wise to look at reducing the impact green house gases as scientists have advocated. I mean, we are spending billions in more recovery money every year only to have to do it again the next year. It's time to try something new.
It is wise to look, but there is no link, the spike in tornados is a natural occurence and linked to normal atmospheric change (La Nina) in the equatorial Pacific (last link is very good):

No Link Between Tornadoes And Climate Change: US

No link between tornadoes and climate change: US

The Tornado – Pacific Decadal Oscillation Connection « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #17
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Sooooooooooo much hate from both sides, we heard all the same crap from Democrats when George Bush was in office and now we get to hear it all from Republicans now that Obama is in office. This is what drives me nuts about politics.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #18
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
It would be wise to look at reducing the impact of green house gases as scientists have advocated. I mean, we are spending billions in more recovery money every year only to have to do it again the next year. It's time to try something new.
Or you could take the approach that its natural pattern shifts and these "scientists" cant prove anything.
Funny that there were no gas emissions when the Great Lakes lost their glaciers.....
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #19
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
It is wise to look, but there is no link, the spike in tornados is a natural occurence and linked to normal atmospheric change (La Nina) in the equatorial Pacific (last link is very good):

No Link Between Tornadoes And Climate Change: US

No link between tornadoes and climate change: US

The Tornado – Pacific Decadal Oscillation Connection « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.
Quote:
Instead, the reasons for the spiking death tolls are more likely due to the rise in the number of mobile homes and the chance paths taken by a series of tornadoes that have happened to target populated areas.
This is awful. Notice the not so subtle fallacious deflections? The question isn't about why people are dying (we know they are dying because their homes got ****ed up along with them) but why are there so many tornadoes. The amount of dancing by the author without addressing the substance of the issue is astounding.

Time will tell if "this year is an extraordinary outlier." Oh wait, NASA said it would only get worse in 2007.

NASA - NASA Study Predicts More Severe Storms With Global Warming
Pubs.GISS: Del Genio et al. 2007: Will moist convection be stronger in a warmer climate?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #20
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
This is awful. Notice the not so subtle fallacious deflections? The question isn't about why people are dying (we know they are dying because their homes got ****ed up along with them) but why are there so many tornadoes. The amount of dancing by the author without addressing the substance of the issue is astounding.

Time will tell if "this year is an extraordinary outlier." Oh wait, NASA said it would only get worse in 2007.

Pubs.GISS: Del Genio et al. 2007: Will moist convection be stronger in a warmer climate?
They also predicted more hurricans but that has not happened. You cannot pick and choose the facts and when that stops I'll listen.

TCFAQ E11) How many tropical cyclones have there been each year in the Atlantic basin? What years were the greatest and fewest seen?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

They also predicted more hurricans but that has not happened. You cannot pick and choose the facts and when that stops I'll listen.

TCFAQ E11) How many tropical cyclones have there been each year in the Atlantic basin? What years were the greatest and fewest seen?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Well the author is part of your guy's team

But seriously, read the third link, it's the best.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 05-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #23
firstdown
Living Legend

Lets get this back on subject.

What is Obama doing while people are dying here

Having a good ol time.

Glade he can have fun

Black Tie Dinner Yum.

Lucky they could find a truck.

Last edited by firstdown; 05-27-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Zing!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #25
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

firstdown, I think most people know that I am fully independent when it comes to politics, so I'm going out on a limb to ask you this... were you saying the same things about Bush during Katrina? Not a whole lot of discussion here, just some more hate-mongering.

And in case you think this is slanted, I would have said the same thing during Bush's presidency.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #26
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
I have no idea what Obama is doing but he really needs cut his trip short and not be seen celebrating.

With all these crazy weather related disasters we really have to ask ourselves if global climate change has anything to do with them.
Agreed on your first sentence. Our midwest, America's heartland, is suffering in a massive way. Between the widespread flooding and tornadoes, it all ads up to Katrina-type devastation. Drinking $1000 wine with Cameron while comparing yourselves to Reagan and Tatcher isn't really appropriate right now, nor is toasting Guiness with Irishmen or champagne with the Queen. As far as global climate change, is anyone taking Al Gore seriously anymore?

I understand foreign policy is at a premium right now, but as POTUS, what's more important than the USA? Quit boozing and get your ass back to a devastated region in your own damn country. Especially if you're gonnna blast W. over Katrina.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #27
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
were you saying the same things about Bush during Katrina? Not a whole lot of discussion here, just some more hate-mongering.
Why would those things be said about Bush, he was on U.S. soil and very involved in the relief effort? He flew over N.O. two days later and was on the ground in 5.

That being said, I'm assuming that Obama has been briefed, responded to, and authorized any requests from state/local authorities. There's not a heck of a lot he can do, so I'm not bashing him for not returning to the U.S. But I will say his first priority when he returns should be to visit these sites.

I agree with the bolded statement....nothing to see here...move along.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #28
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
firstdown, I think most people know that I am fully independent when it comes to politics, so I'm going out on a limb to ask you this... were you saying the same things about Bush during Katrina? Not a whole lot of discussion here, just some more hate-mongering.

And in case you think this is slanted, I would have said the same thing during Bush's presidency.
I'm mocking the left and what they said about Bush when Katrina hit. Now when the shoe is on the other foot no one seems to care that Obama is doing nothing. The good news is now they say only 232 are missing which sucks but its much better then the 1500.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #29
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
but why are there so many tornadoes.
Because mother nature cannot be predicted with much accuracy. She does what she wants, when she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Why would those things be said about Bush, he was on U.S. soil and very involved in the relief effort? He flew over N.O. two days later and was on the ground in 5.

Hey, at least Obama wasn't give a 5 day warning of natural disaster and STILL took over two days to get help in even after he was briefed and warned the levies probably would break.

Bush Warned about Katrina
(fast forward to 1:49 if you want to hear Bush acknowledge FEMAs warning on the hurricane debriefing and claimed they were ready to move in)

WRONG. He didn't do shit until people were in a uproar. Stop defending this idiot. Furthermore, I find it ironic that you guys are bashing Obama, but he's Presidency so far has mirrored Bush's to a T. It's like Bush got his third term.

Obama:
1) Gitmo still opened and even opened another prison (check)
2) Tax cuts to rich (check)
3) Keep troops in Iraq (check)
4) Renew Patriot Act (check)
5) Start a war (check)
6) Ignore his own countrymen after a natural disaster (check)

The guys are almost identical that it's not even funny. Hell, the only difference is that Obama wanted to institute a national health care plan. Stop with this stupid Repubs vs Libs shit. It's ignorant and you are in fact a big reason why the US is failing if you keep supporting these idiots.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote