Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #76
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
I wasn't questioning your loyalty sorry it wasnt directed at u sorry if that was mistaken..i was really responding to comments cause i supported Lavar and not williams that I didnt support the team..my statement was that I was shocked how many people suddenly turned on Lavar after all these hard fought years with the skins,,, while williams is management Lavar has been here and given his heart and soul..and to read things like... well if he does this...and if he proved this ...and if he shuts his mouth... it sounds like a rookie in his 1st year.. they have forgotten the early years when he played the week after a scope or with a separated shoulder... or when Norv was saying oh we played well....he was rippping everyones ass for taking losing so easy .. Now a few choice words from the Great Defensive Genius and oh Lavar must be traded ...but sorry That Guy wasnt really meant for u in particluar... i hope this all can be put to rest now and just enjoy the season...and watch lavar rip someones head off... i know for one i am not all that in love with brunell but i give him credit for doing well...i hope that anti lavar fans will be so gracious if he PROVES HIMSELF as so many think he needs too...

in closing

Braves on the WARPATH!!!! HAIL VICTORY!!!!!!! scalp the bastards lol
railcon i really think you are the only redskins fan anywhere that would take lavar over g.w. don't get me wrong, lavar means as much to me, as say, pie, but g.w. gets the job done, even while lavar isn't out there. granted, we would be better with lavar out there, but in his absence you have to give it to g.w. for keeping our defense good without him. no player is bigger than the team.

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #77
4mrusmc
Impact Rookie

I have heard some really good points about this thread, and I could't help but not read everone of your posts. But, it was a little ironic that some people kind of threw Lavar under the bus when we were 3-0. But, now that we have lost 2 games in a row, we are mostly all jacked-up about the possibility of Lavar coming back. I personally feel that this "Lavar situation" is way more deep then we will ever know. Until after this season is over or if God forbid Lavar ever gets traded that is when this whole thing will come clear. To me this much is clear, with Lavar POSSIBLY coming back in for hopefully more than a few "packages" or a few snaps to see where he is, is GREAT! I just know that FedEx will go apsolutey F-ing nuts. This act alone will no doubt turn this defenses lack of getting turn overs and lack putting pressure on the qb around on it's head. Call it what you will, but this will turn this season around, bigger than that interception he had that he ran back for a t.d. against carolina. Guys this is HUGE! Let's not quibble over this and that and tear each others comments apart. Healthy debate is good, but the time is now to fire-up this team like we use to do when we were good, because we are good now! I don't know how many more years J. Gibbs is going to be our coach of this great team, but I feel that this is our best chance that we have not had since he left. I am tired of the excuses like: 1. the refs 2. our schedule 3. our coaches 4. an interception here or a fumble there 5. the ability to not get turnovers 6. a stupid penalty 7. quarterbacks 8. injured players 9. o-lines and d-lines. 10. and the freaking owner! I could go on but, this is getting too long as it is and I think my point has been made. When we go to the games just support the team and yell down from that nose bleed seat that we paid too much for that the goose bumps are visible for all to see! Yell like we use to do when we were good because the players feed off of that! Hell, I love this team with every fiber in my body. It has been too many excuses and too long since I've felt this stronge about this team and it's prospects. In closing: JUST WIN DAMN IT JUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:37 AM   #78
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
railcon i really think you are the only redskins fan anywhere that would take lavar over g.w. don't get me wrong, lavar means as much to me, as say, pie, but g.w. gets the job done, even while lavar isn't out there. granted, we would be better with lavar out there, but in his absence you have to give it to g.w. for keeping our defense good without him. no player is bigger than the team.
I wouldn't necessarily pick LaVar over GW my point is Why cant we have both!!!!! GW has done a terrific job.
I dont really believe in old school methods of fear .. that only gets you so far... part of coaching is motivating each person is an individual..the great coaches find ways to work those "DIFFICULT PLAYERS"and so often they will be even more apreciative and play much harder than if you scare them..ie John Thompson Denny Green Joe Gibbs Bill Parcels Phil Jackson... Heck old school doesn't motivate it's a different world.. look at the way we were treated as kids and the way we treat our kids... some may say hey he's a player he doesn't deserve special treatment and you may be right except When you have someone with this talent it's worth the extra effort... Hey these players are spoiled millionaire's but they are still human...and football is a game but there are alot of lessons in life as well!!!! THat's football the #1 Game in the world.. I will be very happy and kiss and makeup LMAO with GW once i see Lavar on the field ... I just felt bad for him cause he's proud, tough real and he deseves to be out there..but you right and I soften my stance on GW maybe we can have it all and win and forget all this... but this is a great site that allows us to decently discuss all this...a terrific site... thank you But I bet others feel this way and are afraid to speak out!! give me credit for having the testicles to do it... And to stand by what I believe.
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #79
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
I wouldn't necessarily pick LaVar over GW my point is Why cant we have both!!!!! GW has done a terrific job.
I dont really believe in old school methods of fear .. that only gets you so far... part of coaching is motivating each person is an individual..the great coaches find ways to work those "DIFFICULT PLAYERS"and so often they will be even more apreciative and play much harder than if you scare them..ie John Thompson Denny Green Joe Gibbs Bill Parcels Phil Jackson... Heck old school doesn't motivate it's a different world.. look at the way we were treated as kids and the way we treat our kids... some may say hey he's a player he doesn't deserve special treatment and you may be right except When you have someone with this talent it's worth the extra effort... Hey these players are spoiled millionaire's but they are still human...and football is a game but there are alot of lessons in life as well!!!! THat's football the #1 Game in the world.. I will be very happy and kiss and makeup LMAO with GW once i see Lavar on the field ... I just felt bad for him cause he's proud, tough real and he deseves to be out there..but you right and I soften my stance on GW maybe we can have it all and win and forget all this... but this is a great site that allows us to decently discuss all this...a terrific site... thank you But I bet others feel this way and are afraid to speak out!! give me credit for having the testicles to do it... And to stand by what I believe.
what are the other players going to think if u give arrington special treatment just because hes getting paid a lot. He doesn't deserve any special treatment for his talent. He hasn't even really played much since 2003. He has to prove himself all over again
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #80
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
what are the other players going to think if u give arrington special treatment just because hes getting paid a lot. He doesn't deserve any special treatment for his talent. He hasn't even really played much since 2003. He has to prove himself all over again
and i think he finally did. This entire thread is now null and void. Regardless of the excuses or actual reasons, i doubt they could bench him now.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote