Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #841
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Pro Football Talk's recent take:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...trent-williams

Starting to think this is going to linger into the season. I highly, highly doubt the notion that'd he return to DC, but the trade option will enter the regular season. Frustrating situation.

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #842
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Pro Football Talk's recent take:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...trent-williams

Starting to think this is going to linger into the season. I highly, highly doubt the notion that'd he return to DC, but the trade option will enter the regular season. Frustrating situation.
You mean JP Finlay's recent take from NBC Washington.

It's getting closer to brass tax, but I don't agree that we're there yet. If Trent doesn't show up for the first practice of Week 1, then it's time to freak out.

The hammer is still the $11M worth of game checks he'd miss by sitting out games. He doesn't start giving those up until he misses Week 1. If you're freaking out now then you wouldn't be good at a game of chicken. The time to panic and consider veering off course is Week 1.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:33 AM   #843
calia
Playmaker

This is so sad and frustrating to me. Look what Jaylon Smith just did for the cowboys and what he said about being on that team. What a contrast. (Of course, they still have Zeke being a douche, but still.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #844
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You mean JP Finlay's recent take from NBC Washington.

It's getting closer to brass tax, but I don't agree that we're there yet. If Trent doesn't show up for the first practice of Week 1, then it's time to freak out.

The hammer is still the $11M worth of game checks he'd miss by sitting out games. He doesn't start giving those up until he misses Week 1. If you're freaking out now then you wouldn't be good at a game of chicken. The time to panic and consider veering off course is Week 1.
Yes thank you for the clarification. I don't think TW is going to cave. It's been reportedly repeatedly this isn't about money, but he does have 2 years left on his deal. Also, I won't completely discount the theory that he doesn't want to do camp at all, similarly to AB's helmet theory. Either way, it sure would be nice to get this deal resolved.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #845
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
This is so sad and frustrating to me. Look what Jaylon Smith just did for the cowboys and what he said about being on that team. What a contrast. (Of course, they still have Zeke being a douche, but still.)

ANY player that signs an extension is going to say good things about being on that team. You aren't signing a multimillion dollar deal then turning around and bad mouthing the team.

Fact is Trent still personally hasn't come out and said anything. Yes a lot of smoke from reliable sources, but it's not like TW walked up to a podium and lambasted the team. If somehow a deal is reached the first things out of TW's mouth would be that a lot of his words were taken out of context and he appreciates everything DS and the Redskins have done for him and his family.

That's just the way the business end is.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #846
Ruhskins
Living Legend

At this point, I don't care about Trent. I care more about Schreff's deal not being done. Unfortunately, this has A LOT to do with the student CBA expiring. This is going to push a lot of big time players to pull a Kirk Cousins and do anything and everything to get to free agency.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #847
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
ANY player that signs an extension is going to say good things about being on that team. You aren't signing a multimillion dollar deal then turning around and bad mouthing the team.

Fact is Trent still personally hasn't come out and said anything. Yes a lot of smoke from reliable sources, but it's not like TW walked up to a podium and lambasted the team. If somehow a deal is reached the first things out of TW's mouth would be that a lot of his words were taken out of context and he appreciates everything DS and the Redskins have done for him and his family.

That's just the way the business end is.

The point is he took a below market deal to help the team sign Dak and Zeke and said so. We don’t have guys doing that. Not even close.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #848
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The point is he took a below market deal to help the team sign Dak and Zeke and said so. We don’t have guys doing that. Not even close.

To be fair, teams will always screw over players and often don't show the same loyalty. That being said, it sucks to see players like that or for example Brady always taking below QB market money to help their teams be competitive.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #849
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
To be fair, teams will always screw over players and often don't show the same loyalty. That being said, it sucks to see players like that or for example Brady always taking below QB market money to help their teams be competitive.
Do you think Brady would take below market if his wife didn't earn more than he did?
Old 08-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #850
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Do you think Brady would take below market if his wife didn't earn more than he did?
Absolutely not.

Man, we need Trent back in the worst way

He Gets Us
Old 08-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #851
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Brady is all so the only player on the Pats that has an exclusive product brand only sold at the Pats stadium.

https://tb12sports.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ...SAAEgJel_D_BwE
Old 08-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #852
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I would have to look but I think Kerrigan and others have gotten their extensions and moved forward with the team. Like it was pointed out ALOT of these holdouts have as much to do with the expiring CBA as any other reason that may be floated out. We are not the only team having abnormal holdouts this season.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #853
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Not a chance in hell.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #854
skinsfan69
Living Legend

There have to be guys that are going to be released that are better than Christain, and maybe even Penn. I can't get over how weak Christian is. Has the guy ever been in the weight room?
Old 08-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #855
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I remember when the 49ers won 10 or more games for 16 straight seasons from 1983-1998. They constantly had good offensive line play despite rarely drafting players with high picks. 2 time pro bowler, Jesse Sapolu who played both guard and center for 15 years was drafted in the 11th round. They got lineman off the waiver wire, plugged them in and they played well. I thought Callahan was supposed to be a top notch O-line coach, what is the Redskin's problem?
Closed Thread