"Erosion of Redskins fans"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: "Erosion of Redskins fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don’t agree that Allen’s job is safe. The Cousins thing is on him, if he gets away that’s a huge strike against him. I’ve also heard some reports that Allen may be looking to retire, apparently he recently bought a very expensive home to the tune of $7M.
I hope he does retire and they hire Doug as GM

Advertisements
Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Interesting...thanks for sharing. Certainly sounds like they need to replace the field
Nah, we only pay out for things that bring in results, like players. The field is good for another 3-5. Per Dan, all these players need to stop being whiny bitches and suck it up like the men of old.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I don’t agree that Allen’s job is safe. The Cousins thing is on him, if he gets away that’s a huge strike against him. I’ve also heard some reports that Allen may be looking to retire, apparently he recently bought a very expensive home to the tune of $7M.
I'm pretty sure everything that has gone bad is on him, since he's in charge.
And agreed, I don't get why people think his job is safe.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Definitely, just saying Cousins would be the cherry on top. Some people think his value is mainly with the new stadium deal, others think that’s overblown.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #35
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

A few thoughts on this topic:

- Two decades of losing is enough to erode any fan base.

- Snyder is to blame. Over time, he cannot avoid the blame because he is the ultimate decision maker and nearly every time he has stepped in to make a change he has made the wrong decision. He is a football ignoramus and a poor judge of executive talent.

- Snyder's image is that of an unlikeable person. He has cemented that image by the many disrespectful ways he has treated coaches, players, employees and fans.

- In his mind, Snyder has already abandoned Fedex Field and the Maryland fan base. The stadium shows it and the Maryland fans know it.

- His battles with the D.C. Council and more than one D.C. Mayor over the team nickname has soured his relationship with them to the point where it is unlikely that the team will ever again have a stadium in or near D.C. This is important because D.C. has a more affluent population than ever before and many people who would be happy to take the Metro or a bus to a game but not drive in heavy traffic can't be bothered with the team.

- Snyder is going to move everything to Virginia. We all know it and i wouldn't be surprised if his new stadium is built closer to Richmond than it is to D.C.

- When was the Tampa Bay dynasty? I must have missed it. Get that entire pack of losers out of town now!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #36
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
A $7M house for Allen? I see he continues to win off the field.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
we all say "we are about done" and then we never leave.
For the past 24 years, I've been "done" about 10 times per year.

From 1993 - 2016, we have a record of 161-221-2.

Thats an average record of 6.79 wins and 9.21 losses.

Our average season is ass!!!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #38
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

- Snyder is to blame. Over time, he cannot avoid the blame because he is the ultimate decision maker and nearly every time he has stepped in to make a change he has made the wrong decision. He is a football ignoramus and a poor judge of executive talent.

- Snyder's image is that of an unlikeable person. He has cemented that image by the many disrespectful ways he has treated coaches, players, employees and fans.

- In his mind, Snyder has already abandoned Fedex Field and the Maryland fan base. The stadium shows it and the Maryland fans know it.

- His battles with the D.C. Council and more than one D.C. Mayor over the team nickname has soured his relationship with them to the point where it is unlikely that the team will ever again have a stadium in or near D.C. This is important because D.C. has a more affluent population than ever before and many people who would be happy to take the Metro or a bus to a game but not drive in heavy traffic can't be bothered with the team.

- Snyder is going to move everything to Virginia. We all know it and i wouldn't be surprised if his new stadium is built closer to Richmond than it is to D.C.

- When was the Tampa Bay dynasty? I must have missed it. Get that entire pack of losers out of town now!
I live in Montgomery County MD and you are right about the MD fan base, its essentially gone especially with younger people. Young people are Ravens fans because they at least have a competitive team to root for.

I can easily see the new stadium in VA.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

If he moves to Richmond then they might as well be called the "Virginia Redskins" because that is damn near a 3 hour drive.. That would be like Dallas moving to OKC.

I agree with Fedex going to the dump, I will probably never attend a game there again, I'd rather go on the road to see games. That place is sad.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Because we had to wait for the clearly-over-his-head Jim Zorn era before Snyder lost faith in him. Gruden isn't anywhere nearly as bad, and we're 6-8 with half a roster of streetwalkers. If we win out Snyder might think this was a decent season given everything that's happened. That equals job security for his main lieutenant.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:05 AM   #41
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:

Bingo. Everyone hoping Allen leaves needs to remember this. They'll just be another guy who gets hired because he is mates with the Snyd Man. The team was still horrible after Vinny left and he was getting all the blame. At this point it's like beating a dead horse

The Tampa Dynasty Bruce is trying to recreate won a single Superbowl off of Tony Dungy's team. Once he and the other Gruden put more of their stamp on it the Bucs went downhill with each passing season.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #42
dmek25
MVP

well, after reading all of this my .02 cents
first snyder isnt going anywhere, thats a given
second, allen is incompetent. we all know the reason he is still here. the new stadium
third, its not fair to try and evaluate gruden on this season. too may injuries
and last, im a skins fan until i die. aint going no where. but thank god im an old fart. because i have seen every one of those super bowl appearances. and good morning malcolm
Old 12-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Would anyone be willing to change the team name if it meant we could be back where we belong in DC? I hate political correctness and fake outrage with a passion, but man I want the team where they belong. No one has ever said anything nice about where FedEx is, the actual stadium itself, or the in game atmosphere. Wonder if they could meet with an actual tribe and adopt their name as the team name. Something like Washington Cherokees.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #44
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Would anyone be willing to change the team name if it meant we could be back where we belong in DC? I hate political correctness and fake outrage with a passion, but man I want the team where they belong. No one has ever said anything nice about where FedEx is, the actual stadium itself, or the in game atmosphere. Wonder if they could meet with an actual tribe and adopt their name as the team name. Something like Washington Cherokees.
Fuck that!! Never change the name. So sick of PC shit, I’m so offended about, blah, blah!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #45
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
What the hell? Please don't bring up a name change on this board ever again. The Redskins are for life, as I am a fan. The 'skins will eventually be Super Bowl champs again. One thing this team has going for it is the fact that its owner has been a life long fan. I'm not the world's biggest Snyder fan (except for the pretzels), but I don't believe he's only in it for the money. He does need a solid, smart GM, and that guy isn't Bruce Allen.