Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WP: Cerrato gets an extension

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-26-2004, 11:55 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Don't forget that Vinny also has input in evaluating free agents, so we can't judge him soley on the drafts, which he has never had full control over anyway. Snyder deserves the blame just as much as Vinny since Snyder also has a say in draft selections.

People always want to blame Vinny when things go wrong, when they need to blame the entire front office. Vinny is primarily a talent scout and nothing more. He's not the one pulling the trigger on deals, draft selections, negotiating contracts, etc. His role with the front office is actually pretty limited when you look at the big picture, yet he has always been the scapegoat which is just ridiculous.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #17
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Again, I totally agree with Matty and Vinny is just a scapegoat, the talent has been here, the leadership has not. Blame Snyder for the constant turmoil, huge contracts, and the poor HC hirings.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #18
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Well, the former poor hc hirings. I really hope their is a player, who takes the stand as our teams leader. If that were to happen who would you guys wanna see take the stand. I would want Arrington and/or Smoot , both who mildly did last year, I hope they do to a higher degree this year. Then of course God Gibbs.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #19
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
The proof will be in the pudding. We're going into the draft with two picks and a lot of holes.
No necessarily... We are going into the Free Agency/Trading period with two draft picks and a lot of holes. I suspect that many of them will be filled and trades may be made to get more picks by the time the draft rolls around.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:23 PM   #20
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

SkinsRock: here's hoping. I can't wait to see where the Dan's jet ends up this year. We're already being called out as having tampered with Ted Washington. This is going to be a blast to watch! One thing I can say, it's never dull in Redskin land!
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #21
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

BTW Cerrato hasn't had full control over the draft. For example he wanted Mike Doss, but Snyder sided with Spurrier and took Jacobs. He was also behind the acquisition of Hasselbeck.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote