Re: Thoughts on Halls New contract with SKINS

we spent dans money good that is what matters now go get haynsworth
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Time for everyone to pop some champagne, we once again have the off season Lombardi...

I'm definitely more excited for next season than I was yesterday. This defense is going to be NASTY. I feel that our offense was more than a player away from greatness, but our defense was a player or two away from being solid...

We just found one of those players.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #48
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Like many of you, I was nervous about Hall last year with his reputation coming from Atlanta and Oakland...but he behaved and made some huge INTs for us, a usual weakness for this team. He proved us all wrong. I'm sold on him now and very happy we resigned him.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #49
jtyreeiii
Camp Scrub

I Look Both The Moves Personally. Hall Made More Int's In 4 Games Than The Rest Of The Corners Did All Season. Well Almost. Where Is This Rumor Coming From About Rogers Being Traded Off. That Makes No Senses, He's Under Contract. Springs Is Obviously Gone, Unless Taking A Pay Cut And I Don't See Taylor Here Either Without A Pay Cut. The Only Problem I See With The Ah Signing Is We'll Probably Do What We Do With Big Names And Make Them Do Something Totally Diffrent Than What Made Them A Star In The First Place. Thus Their A Bust And Our Cap Has More Dead Money. Let’s Hope There Is No Collective Bargaining Agreement Next Year And We Can Write It All Off For 2010 With A Clean Slate.

Ps Some On This Site Need A Chill Pill. Everyone Has An Opinion, Why The Need To Call Idiots And The Like. We Are For The Most Part All Skins Fans! Let’s Save That Crap For The Other Guys.

Peace
Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #50
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I dont like this deal at all. We paid too much for Hall. Initially, Hall was asking for 16M garaunteed and we were standing firm at 12. Because we waited, and other players were getting resigned by their teams for top dollars, Hall realized he was more valuable than he initially thought and we had to pay too much (in my opinion) to keep him.

Interestingly, on the podcast on espn980, Cerrato said another team (most likely the Patriots) had a slightly higher offer on the table but Hall chose to stay here. Whether thats true or not, i dont know.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyreeiii View Post
I Look Both The Moves Personally. Hall Made More Int's In 4 Games Than The Rest Of The Corners Did All Season. Well Almost. Where Is This Rumor Coming From About Rogers Being Traded Off. That Makes No Senses, He's Under Contract. Springs Is Obviously Gone, Unless Taking A Pay Cut And I Don't See Taylor Here Either Without A Pay Cut. The Only Problem I See With The Ah Signing Is We'll Probably Do What We Do With Big Names And Make Them Do Something Totally Diffrent Than What Made Them A Star In The First Place. Thus Their A Bust And Our Cap Has More Dead Money. Let’s Hope There Is No Collective Bargaining Agreement Next Year And We Can Write It All Off For 2010 With A Clean Slate.

Ps Some On This Site Need A Chill Pill. Everyone Has An Opinion, Why The Need To Call Idiots And The Like. We Are For The Most Part All Skins Fans! Let’s Save That Crap For The Other Guys.

Peace
Good post. But no need to capitalize the first letter of every word, makes it a bit hard to read.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #52
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Like many of you, I was nervous about Hall last year with his reputation coming from Atlanta and Oakland...but he behaved and made some huge INTs for us, a usual weakness for this team. He proved us all wrong. I'm sold on him now and very happy we resigned him.
He behaved for a couple months b/c he knew this was his last shot. He's a known for being disruptive in Atlanta, Oakland, and at VATech. So he's all of a sudden changed in a couple months? Doubt it.

We grossly overpaid him again. Personal issues aside he is an above average corner at best that has had trouble in protection over the years.

I would have been happy w/ a decent incentive based contract.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #53
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
He behaved for a couple months b/c he knew this was his last shot. He's a known for being disruptive in Atlanta, Oakland, and at VATech. So he's all of a sudden changed in a couple months? Doubt it.

We grossly overpaid him again. Personal issues aside he is an above average corner at best that has had trouble in protection over the years.

I would have rather kept springs, signed Rogers to extension and signed Leigh Bodden. I just don't trust this guy, we'll see... if or how he burns us. I hope I'm wrong.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would have rather kept springs, signed Rogers to extension and signed Leigh Bodden. I just don't trust this guy, we'll see... if or how he burns us. I hope I'm wrong.
And you trust Springs' health?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #55
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Why do you trust Bodden and not Hall?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #56
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post

That sums it up for me w/the exception of him being above avg. at best. I think if he worked hard (he's got a reputation for not studying much in practice) he could be one of the top 5 cb's if not the best in the nfl. He has all the tools, he's just a self-absorbed ass that seems to alienate people wherever he goes.
PS. So glad someone besides me finally mentioned his rep at VT!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #57
44ever

Quote:
I like the contract. We (Skins FO) wanted Hall and did what we had to do to keep him. As far as Hall is concerned. He's a favorite player of mine so I'm glad he's here. My outlook on his performance: Modern day Prime Time (Shields up!)
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #58
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Foxworth just signed with Baltimore. If foxworth is making slightly less money than Hall (about 20M garaunteed) then we'll have actuallly signed hall to a reasonable contract. On the other hand, if Foxworth is making 18 or less, then we'll have grossly overpaid. him.

Also, Hall told ESPN980 that his goal for the 2009 season is to set the record for interceptions in a year for a cornerback. Sounds like he wants to earn his pay. Good for him.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #59
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Foxworth just signed with Baltimore. If foxworth is making slightly less money than Hall (about 20M garaunteed) then we'll have actuallly signed hall to a reasonable contract. On the other hand, if Foxworth is making 18 or less, then we'll have grossly overpaid. him.

Also, Hall told ESPN980 that his goal for the 2009 season is to set the record for interceptions in a year for a cornerback. Sounds like he wants to earn his pay. Good for him.
I think Foxworth is getting around $16 million guaranteed
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #60
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
That sums it up for me w/the exception of him being above avg. at best. I think if he worked hard (he's got a reputation for not studying much in practice) he could be one of the top 5 cb's if not the best in the nfl. He has all the tools, he's just a self-absorbed ass that seems to alienate people wherever he goes.
PS. So glad someone besides me finally mentioned his rep at VT!
Yea, i'm all for second chances. But it amazes me that some can cast aside years and years of bad behavior w/ a couple months of good behavior and say he's a changed man.

What if we lose some games? How's he going to act then? Anyone?

The skins have made it a priority to bring in high quality guys over the last 5 years. They've done a great job at it. I don't think this one is one of them.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote