Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 06:58 AM   #136
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Hey Haskins, when you lead us to the promised land, you still won't know who I am, but I was one of the select few that supported you 1st!

Me too.

Advertisements
Old 04-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #137
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Tua will be drafted by Miami. We will draft Chase. The Redskins WR crew will improve with the pickup of a WR #2 from the addition of a bunch of WR.

I don’t know how much our TE group will improve this season. We added a bunch of TE to compete against each other. I just don’t know if we have any real talent there. Wish we had picked up Hooper -he isn’t elite but adding a very good TE would have been someone to build upon.

Haskins will have this year to prove himself. I think the OL will be shaky. Scherff will have a better year. Martin will take over for Flowers. Moses will have another crap year. There will be an open competition for LT. I just think the OL will not be a positive for Haskins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there are is a good group of TE prospects in the draft. We may get one or even two of them via the draft. Check out some film on Cole Kmet, Harrison Bryant, Adam Troutman and Thaddeus Moss. I like all of them, FWIW.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cooley on
@kevinsheehanDC
pod, talking #Redskins QBs: "I don't see this as a competition in any way, shape, or form… That said, if it got made into one, I don't see Dwayne handling it well."

2nd former Skins player to come out and say this about DH. Is this something we should be concerned with? Does he throw a fit behind closed doors or something?
Old 04-04-2020, 02:05 PM   #139
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

DH would probably see it this way my first Head Coach never wanted me and neither does my second Heas Coach. Who wouldn't be a little upset. I still know DH will be our QB.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:45 PM   #140
Ohioskins
Special Teams

DH would not take it well because he will have worked his ass off to be the best he can be and will be upset if that is not good enough. Any competitive athlete would feel the same way. I am just amazed at how many Skins fans seem to want to see him fail.

He is an excellent Quarterback. People seem to forget he beat out Joe Burrow fair and square in 2018 to earn the starting QB position at OSU. And his 2018 stats dwarfed Burrows' numbers that year.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #141
Meks
Pro Bowl

Hoping for the best
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 04-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #142
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
DH would not take it well because he will have worked his ass off to be the best he can be and will be upset if that is not good enough. Any competitive athlete would feel the same way. I am just amazed at how many Skins fans seem to want to see him fail.

He is an excellent Quarterback. People seem to forget he beat out Joe Burrow fair and square in 2018 to earn the starting QB position at OSU. And his 2018 stats dwarfed Burrows' numbers that year.
I don't think any Redskin fan wants to see Haskins fail, they just aren't sold on him yet.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #143
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post

Doesn't mean anything because Burrow obviously got a lot better. Burrow hadn't fully developed as he was a basketball player in high school. Urban Meyer had mentioned this in an interview.

But I'm rooting for Haskins big time. But he seems to be a little thin skinned and cares what people think about him. Can't be that way if you want to be a great QB. Dude needs to stay off Twitter.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Doesn't mean anything because Burrow obviously got a lot better. Burrow hadn't fully developed as he was a basketball player in high school. Urban Meyer had mentioned this in an interview.

But I'm rooting for Haskins big time. But he seems to be a little thin skinned and cares what people think about him. Can't be that way if you want to be a great QB. Dude needs to stay off Twitter.
Yeah I agree about the social media stuff, he seems to be on it way more than most skins players. He's always posting subliminal messages.. I hope he grows and becomes our franchise guy as well.. He's only had half a season and it wasn't a fair shot.. My only worry is these former skins players coming out and saying he will throw a fit if there is competition.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:13 PM   #145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I don't think any Redskin fan wants to see Haskins fail, they just aren't sold on him yet.
Exactly, why would any of us really root against him? We were excited about the pick last yr, but of course nobody is sold and it partially is due to the previous reports out him not being ready
Old 04-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #146
rocnrik
Playmaker

I don’t want him to fail .. I would love to see him light it up! If we did not have the 2cnd pick in draft it would be a moot point however when you have that pick you have to make it count . If you believe Haskins is the franchise QB then I guess we don’t need to look at that position .. but what if he fails and actually gets beat out by Allen as starter? We then screwed up big time .. The QB IS the most important position period end of story ..
Old 04-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #147
httr198020
Special Teams

I think all Dwayne Haskins need is time. Judging him right now is like judging a baber's ability to cut hair two minutes into him giving a guy a cut. We have to wait until he's done in order to see how it's going to look. Right now Dwayne Haskins is raw. He didn't play a lot of football in college. He had one amazing season and probably should have went back for another season to get more games under his belt. In a few years he's going to be a very good qb in this league. All he needs is game experience and a coach who's willing to go through the growing pains with him. I believe he's going to get better and better every single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Let me say this. Every politician, athlete, celebrity cares about what people think. It is impossible not too. Do you think qbs like Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees don't care about what people think about them? I can insure you that they do. If Haskins feel some type of way its because all he has received from this organization and media is hatred and negativity. I don't think most qbs can withstand the beating this kid has been taking by the media and our idiot fanbase. Plus Ron Rivera seems to create a negative headlines about Haskins every time he opens his mouth. I'm rooting for Haskins and I hope he does well whether its here or someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I agree about the social media stuff, he seems to be on it way more than most skins players. He's always posting subliminal messages.. I hope he grows and becomes our franchise guy as well.. He's only had half a season and it wasn't a fair shot.. My only worry is these former skins players coming out and saying he will throw a fit if there is competition.
WTF does social media have to do with anything? Does that have anything to do with his work ethic or commitment to his craft? If he's not being negative it doesn't make a difference.

Last edited by httr198020; 04-05-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #148
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Football is all about competition.The NFL is the closest thing we have to a meritocracy in this country. He isn't entitled to anything. It is earned each and every time he steps on the field. That is simply the way it is for every NFL player as it is for most of the rest of us in our society.

If he can't accept that and deal with it, then he simply needs to grow the f*** up. I trust that he has some people in his life who care enough about him to tell him exactly that - as I told my kids. But I think he can and will deal with it and become a solid NFL starter.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:06 AM   #149
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Cooley:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ver-kyle-allen

Haven't even read the article myself yet. Assuming it starts with he's obviously way more talented. There's a reason why one guy was 1/15 vs. UDFA.

Allen is a great backup. That's what he will be for us.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:23 AM   #150
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m taking QB with Number 2 .. if we dont I envision why the heck did we not draft Tua when we had chance during and after every game in future .. I’m not sold on Haskins at all .. we shall see .. as far as Chase goes even if he has 16 sacks it will not overcome a bad offense.. we now have the bottom O in the league and have done nothing to improve it ..
Closed Thread