Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Training Camp 2018

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who is your eye on in Training Camp (can select multiple)
Alex Smith 15 39.47%
Darrius Guice 23 60.53%
Jordan Reed 10 26.32%
Da'Ron Payne 10 26.32%
Other 5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #16
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,408
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The numbers were skewed big time due to injury/KC (mainly was he playing for stats vs wins?)

Like I said, I think our first team positional units are pretty strong
WR - Crowder Doctson, Richardson is a solid group that I think KC will make better. They may not be elite, but defenses won't sleep on them.

TE - VD and Sprinkle are good reliable TEs Reed being healthy would vault the unit to elite.

OL - 2 probowl players 2 standout players and a serviceable player, again not elite, but not riddled with question marks

DL - before injuries, Ionnaidis and Allen were beasts against the run and pass. We added Payne, and good depth with the VT guy.

CB - I'll take our starting 3 against most of the league

Safeties - Same.

Our keys are health, and good bounces. We have as solid a team as the Skins have had under Snyder, and it's young. I am really excited for the next 3-4 years.
Who are our starting 3 cbs?
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,477
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Who are our starting 3 cbs?





no seriously, Norman is a top 10 corner, Moreau will play opposite him, and Scandrick will be starting at slot. Although Dunbar may play opposite Norman and Moreau plays slot.

We have a treasure trove of talent at CB and a coach who will make it excel.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #18
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,477
Re: Training Camp 2018

when you look at our 1st and 2nd team roster, I think it's really strong(except for punt returner ):
listing from ourlads
LWR Doctson, Josh 16/1 Quick, Brian U/LAR
RWR Crowder, Jamison 15/4 Harris, Maurice CF16
SWR Richardson, Paul U/Sea Davis, Robert 17/6

LT Williams, Trent 10/1 NSEKHE, TY SF15
LG LAUVAO, SHAWN U/Cle Kalis, Kyle W/Ind
C Roullier, Chase 17/6 Rhaney, Demetrius SF17
RG Scherff, Brandon 15/1 Catalina, Tyler CF17
RT Moses, Morgan 14/3 Clemmings, TJ W/Min
TE Reed, Jordan 13/3 DAVIS, VERNON U/Den

QB SMITH, ALEX T/KC MCCOY, COLT U/SF
RB Guice, Derrius 18/2 Kelley, Rob CF16
RB Thompson Chris


DEFENSE
DE Allen, Jonathan 17/1 Barnes, Tavaris SF17
NT Payne, Da'Ron 18/1 HOOD, ZIGGY SF16
DE McGee, Stacy U/Oak Ioannidis, Matt 16/5

SLB Smith, Preston 15/2 Anderson, Ryan 17/2
MLB Foster, Mason SF15 Spaight, Martrell 15/5
MLB Brown, Zach U/Buf Vigil, Zach W/Mia
WLB Kerrigan, Ryan 11/1 McPhee, Pernell CC/Chi

LCB SCANDRICK, ORLANDO CC/Dal Moreau, Fabian 17/3
SS Everett, Deshazor CF15 Nicholson, Montae 17/4
FS Swearinger, DJ U/Arz Apke, Troy 18/4
RCB NORMAN, JOSH U/Car Dunbar, Quinton CF15


SPECIAL TEAMS
P Way, Tress W/Chi
PK Hopkins, Dustin SF15
LS SUNDBERG, NICK SF10
H Way, Tress W/Chi
KO Hopkins, Dustin SF15
PR Crowder, Jamison 15/4
KR Perine, Samaje 17/4
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:19 AM   #19
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,656
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
when you look at our 1st and 2nd team roster, I think it's really strong(except for punt returner ):
listing from ourlads
LWR Doctson, Josh 16/1 Quick, Brian U/LAR
RWR Crowder, Jamison 15/4 Harris, Maurice CF16
SWR Richardson, Paul U/Sea Davis, Robert 17/6

LT Williams, Trent 10/1 NSEKHE, TY SF15
LG LAUVAO, SHAWN U/Cle Kalis, Kyle W/Ind
C Roullier, Chase 17/6 Rhaney, Demetrius SF17
RG Scherff, Brandon 15/1 Catalina, Tyler CF17
RT Moses, Morgan 14/3 Clemmings, TJ W/Min
TE Reed, Jordan 13/3 DAVIS, VERNON U/Den

QB SMITH, ALEX T/KC MCCOY, COLT U/SF
RB Guice, Derrius 18/2 Kelley, Rob CF16
RB Thompson Chris


DEFENSE
DE Allen, Jonathan 17/1 Barnes, Tavaris SF17
NT Payne, Da'Ron 18/1 HOOD, ZIGGY SF16
DE McGee, Stacy U/Oak Ioannidis, Matt 16/5

SLB Smith, Preston 15/2 Anderson, Ryan 17/2
MLB Foster, Mason SF15 Spaight, Martrell 15/5
MLB Brown, Zach U/Buf Vigil, Zach W/Mia
WLB Kerrigan, Ryan 11/1 McPhee, Pernell CC/Chi

LCB SCANDRICK, ORLANDO CC/Dal Moreau, Fabian 17/3
SS Everett, Deshazor CF15 Nicholson, Montae 17/4
FS Swearinger, DJ U/Arz Apke, Troy 18/4
RCB NORMAN, JOSH U/Car Dunbar, Quinton CF15


SPECIAL TEAMS
P Way, Tress W/Chi
PK Hopkins, Dustin SF15
LS SUNDBERG, NICK SF10
H Way, Tress W/Chi
KO Hopkins, Dustin SF15
PR Crowder, Jamison 15/4
KR Perine, Samaje 17/4
Everett over Nicholson ? McGee over Ioannidis ? ... Makes you question the accuracy of ourlads ...

I'm eager to see competition at:

CBs: I'd love one of the young guys to win the starting job over Scandrick (who'd become our insurance swing CB). Obviously that young guy could/should be Moreau. But maybe Stroman, Holsey and Alexander have something to say about that.

OL: the starting line up seems to be pretty much locked, but I'm looking forward to see what combinations can be tested in pre-season with Geron Christian in the mix.

ILBs: Brown and Foster are our legit starters, but pre-season should allow to see how Shaun Dion Hamilton adapts to the NFL, and where he ranks compared to Spaight and Zach Vigil (the last one I like a lot).
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #20
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Who are our starting 3 cbs?
Norman, Dunbar and Scandrick probably
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #21
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,955
Re: Training Camp 2018

Won't be long until Moreau pushes his way into more playing time.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #22
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,100
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Won't be long until Moreau pushes his way into more playing time.
I'm looking for signs of that during camp, for sure. If he's fully healthy and as talented as we thought out of the draft, he should be capable of giving Quinton Dunbar (a converted corner) a run for his money.

Year 2 is when players should be making the leap. If he doesn't push past Scandrick and Dunbar I think I'll actually be pretty disappointed.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,416
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #24
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,416
Re: Training Camp 2018

They need to make preseason part of the Sunday ticket. Want to watch all of our starting offensive drives.

I'm most excited to see how good our defensive front 7 can be with the additional picks and full health.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
They need to make preseason part of the Sunday ticket. Want to watch all of our starting offensive drives.

I'm most excited to see how good our defensive front 7 can be with the additional picks and full health.
I agree , I asked a DTV Rep that a couple years ago and they said the local markets own the rights to PS games.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: Training Camp 2018

Per Paul Woody of the Richmond Times - Dispatch

Josh Doctson had a "precautionary" MRI on his leg Monday..
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #27
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,955
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Per Paul Woody of the Richmond Times - Dispatch



Josh Doctson had a "precautionary" MRI on his leg Monday..

Keyword precautionary because otherwise hes a full go for camp, same for Trent and Thompson, all 100%
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Keyword precautionary because otherwise hes a full go for camp, same for Trent and Thompson, all 100%
That is great news for sure, CT was on Sirius NFL yesterday and said he feels great. That combo of Guice/CT/Perine could be nasty
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,876
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That is great news for sure, CT was on Sirius NFL yesterday and said he feels great. That combo of Guice/CT/Perine could be nasty
You really think Perine is going to stick around with all the fumbling he does?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #30
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,955
Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You really think Perine is going to stick around with all the fumbling he does?

He fumbled twice last year.

If it comes down to Perine or Kelley yeah Id keep Perine.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.37350 seconds with 11 queries