Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Colts-Redskins Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Colts-Redskins Postgame Thread

Feel free to cry to our heart's content in here gents.

Positives:

We are 1/8th of the way through the season.

We've seen this team at peak performance, and now we've seen this team at what I hope is its' worst performance.

Defense did aiight I guess, certainly they played decent enough to win.

Negatives (oh boy where to start lol)

Offensive line: For a supposed best unit in the NFL, they couldn't run block worth a shit today, and they didn't look great pass blocking either.

Receivers: I'll put partial blame on the o-line but you gotta give some blame to the receivers for not getting open today. Also shouts out J.Doct, I still remain one of your few loyal supporters and that dropped pass (if it touches your hands, it's a catchable ball imo) in the first quarter really set the tone for our ineptitude.

Alex Smith: Conservative passes/no interceptions are fine when you can score points. Let's just be honest, philosophy wise Smith and Cousins are not the same.

Run game in general: Let me throw some shade at the coaches too, it felt like we were never committed to the run at any point today. Leading rusher J. Crowder? LOL.

Coaching: From the start we didn't look prepared, and they did. Jay Grudes thats on you.

TL;DR: It's mostly on the offense today, but now we see what a conservative passing game looks like without run support. It's the kind of soul-crushing we-don't-have-a-chance offense that gives you no hope to win a game.

I still believe we lie somewhere between not-as-good as last week and not-as-bad as this week, but now we know there's more work to be done.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote