Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 04:48 PM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Name change tomorrow. This story will die immediately.
Wouldn't surprise me

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2021, 05:22 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Slap on the wrist

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:22 PM   #48
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The NFL has fined the Washington Football Team $10 million as a result of the league's investigation into the team's workplace culture.

The money will be "will be used to support organizations committed to character education, anti-bullying, healthy relationships and related topics," the league said.

In addition, Tanya Snyder, who was named the team's co-CEO this week, will take over the day-to-day duties and represent the franchise at league functions for the never several months. Her husband, Dan Snyder, will focus "on a new stadium plan and other matters," the NFL said.

All senior executives, including the Snyders, will take part in training in workplace conduct, covering topics such as bullying, diversity and inclusion, LGBTQ issues, microaggression and unconscious bias.

"I have learned a lot in the past few months about how my club operated, and the kind of workplace that we had. It is now clear that the culture was not what it should be, but I did not realize the extent of the problems, or my role in allowing that culture to develop and continue. I know that as the owner, I am ultimately responsible for the workplace. I have said that and I say it again," Dan Snyder said in a statement.

"I feel great remorse for the people who had difficult, even traumatic, experiences while working here. I'm truly sorry for that. I can't turn back the clock, but I promise that nobody who works here will ever have that kind of experience again, at least not as long as Tanya and I are the owners of this team."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-investigation

Meh .. whatever. Hopefully they actually have a HR Dept and other positions/depts that all the other NFL teams have.

No more skimping on the organizational chart.

With all these new hires by RR to build our an actual complete FO plus this 10M fine .. Dan Snyder low cash flow pocket is hurting even more.

Biggest surprise is they didnt wait until tomorrow, Friday to announce the news.
Loverro was spot on this, naming Tanya CEO was in prevision of Snyder having to step aside for a while.

Anyway, this is a slap on the fingers for the cameras, and a tap on the back backstage. He's getting out of there stronger than ever.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:32 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The NFL has fined the Washington Football Team $10 million as a result of the league's investigation into the team's workplace culture.

The money will be "will be used to support organizations committed to character education, anti-bullying, healthy relationships and related topics," the league said.

In addition, Tanya Snyder, who was named the team's co-CEO this week, will take over the day-to-day duties and represent the franchise at league functions for the never several months. Her husband, Dan Snyder, will focus "on a new stadium plan and other matters," the NFL said.

All senior executives, including the Snyders, will take part in training in workplace conduct, covering topics such as bullying, diversity and inclusion, LGBTQ issues, microaggression and unconscious bias.

"I have learned a lot in the past few months about how my club operated, and the kind of workplace that we had. It is now clear that the culture was not what it should be, but I did not realize the extent of the problems, or my role in allowing that culture to develop and continue. I know that as the owner, I am ultimately responsible for the workplace. I have said that and I say it again," Dan Snyder said in a statement.

"I feel great remorse for the people who had difficult, even traumatic, experiences while working here. I'm truly sorry for that. I can't turn back the clock, but I promise that nobody who works here will ever have that kind of experience again, at least not as long as Tanya and I are the owners of this team."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-investigation

Meh .. whatever. Hopefully they actually have a HR Dept and other positions/depts that all the other NFL teams have.

No more skimping on the organizational chart.

With all these new hires by RR to build our an actual complete FO plus this 10M fine .. Dan Snyder low cash flow pocket is hurting even more.

Biggest surprise is they didnt wait until tomorrow, Friday to announce the news.
This, Rog screwed up the timing. Think he meant to say release it at 5 pm the Friday before a long weekend.

Rog basically told Dan they needed to punish him without actually punishing him. Well played commish.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Outside of our little WFT bubble I don't think the average fan of other teams gives two shits about this story.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Outside of our little WFT bubble I don't think the average fan of other teams gives two shits about this story.
Nothing against the victims here and i take sexual harassment very seriously but I agree with you.. Lets be honest the fans give a shit about Wins and Losses, they could care less what the owner is doing
Old 07-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #52
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree but that's got more to do with WFT being a loser for close to 30 years rather than team or league policy.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:55 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is true but the accounting of everything that happened which Beth W investigated…I really think the NFL could have booted Snyder.

I listened to the Kevin Sheehan and Tom pod cast over the weekend and just accounting for everything…Snyder didn’t even get suspended. That’s really incredible IMO

It will be interesting to see if the women who waited for the outcome can do anything else like a civil case with fact uncovered from the investigation

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #54
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is true but the accounting of everything that happened which Beth W investigated…I really think the NFL could have booted Snyder.

I listened to the Kevin Sheehan and Tom pod cast over the weekend and just accounting for everything…Snyder didn’t even get suspended. That’s really incredible IMO

It will be interesting to see if the women who waited for the outcome can do anything else like a civil case with fact uncovered from the investigation
In a way I'm not surprised at the outcome. The Commissioner works for the owners and I'm sure the other owners don't want to set a precedent that could impact them in the future.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So rich that the Skins had a 3rd party PR firm reach out to media and press to correct them last Friday saying the Washington Football Team was fined 10 million and NOT Dan Snyder.

Typical Dan move…to act like the fine to team was a personal vindication. In-fucking-credible

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So rich that the Skins had a 3rd party PR firm reach out to media and press to correct them last Friday saying the Washington Football Team was fined 10 million and NOT Dan Snyder.

Typical Dan move…to act like the fine to team was a personal vindication. In-fucking-credible

This whole investigation really made Goodell look bad…again. But I think we can put to bed the league is out to get us every time their is a flag thrown our way.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #57
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This whole investigation really made Goodell look bad…again. But I think we can put to bed the league is out to get us every time their is a flag thrown our way.
Those are two separate issues.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Those are two separate issues.

So the league is only out to get us in season? Lol.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:20 PM   #59
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So the league is only out to get us in season? Lol.
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the NFL wanted this to go away quickly and relatively quietly before people began to look at other teams and owners. As for the officiating, I watch a TON of football and have never seen the amount of blown calls and outright bias against a team that I see agains us. Yeah I’m a fan but even people I know who hate the team agree.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the NFL wanted this to go away quickly and relatively quietly before people began to look at other teams and owners. As for the officiating, I watch a TON of football and have never seen the amount of blown calls and outright bias against a team that I see agains us. Yeah I’m a fan but even people I know who hate the team agree.

Idk. All you have to do is go to a sports bar on any given Sunday and you will hear every jersey curse every flag on their team as a bad call. Lol.
But lets say the league has an agenda against us, ie bad calls, losses, etc. What is the end game? Because if there is one it would appear to me they had an opportunity to get there faster with this investigation. Also Goodell could have really stuck it to Snyder and come away smelling like a pretty good guy, makin it go away just looks bad.