Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Whats own greatest needs in the the first draft day

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
johnjaywilliams
Camp Scrub

Whats own greatest needs in the the first draft day

I think DE and Safety. Andre Carter is tha only true de in my eyes on own team, the others are either too old and really pass their prime or only a pass rusher (CW). Reed Doughty is an solid back up and special teamer, cuz i watch him close after ST 21 pasted and he had to start to me he plays scare and his speed stood out to me so i am not sold on him startin for me. But as i said before we need a corner not only as depth but maybe start i feel SS 24 is at his best an nickle or safety, cuz ya saw how he got expose in the playoff last year. Don't anyone say what about CR, he is an BUST period. If any one say otherwise ur stupid. With all that been said i think what will be a safe pick is Kenny Phillips Safety, DE in the second cuz the draft is deep with de. Holla back let me see what ya think

Advertisements
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Whats own greatest needs in the the first draft day

Is your keyboard broken?

That post had so much potential but it was horribly written, and touched on so many topics we've already discussed (even started threads on)
Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
DiehardSkin88

Dude... you need to learn how to write man, this isnt aim.. tha da
Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Sorry man, this isn't ES where everyones opinion warrents a new thread. It's not that the guys around here don't value your opinion, it's just that its a lot more effective for the forum for you to post views like these in an existing thread. If you look at ES you'll see 1,000's of pointless threads that don't really warrent their own topics. For example a post like this one belongs in the middle of a thread like "(updated title): Make Your Day One Redskins Draft Selections (Rounds 1-2)."

The irony of all this is when I first came here I did exactly the same thing as you were I started a new thread on a topic that had been discussed to death.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 04-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Sorry man, this isn't ES where everyones opinion warrents a new thread. It's not that the guys around here don't value your opinion, it's just that its a lot more effective for the forum for you to post views like these in an existing thread. If you look at ES you'll see 1,000's of pointless threads that don't really warrent their own topics. For example a post like this one belongs in the middle of a thread like "(updated title): Make Your Day One Redskins Draft Selections (Rounds 1-2)."

The irony of all this is when I first came here I did exactly the same thing as you were I started a new thread on a topic that had been discussed to death.
I remember last year when you first brought up the question of whether we should draft Landry and JohnJay was the first to say we definitely should and (if you could read through his mess) gave pretty valid reasons why he thought so. But his posts are like gourmet meals served on a dirty trash can lid, you want to eat but the presentation is so bad you just push it away. It's a shame because I think he can be a good to great contributor.

Unless another mod wants to lock, I'll keep this open to give him a chance to redeem himself
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

There's zero potential when you use diction as poor as that.

Don't just lock it, ban his ass.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

What's our greatest needs on the first day of the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjaywilliams View Post
I think DE and safety are amongst the top two priorities for the first day of the draft.

Andre Carter is the only true DE in my eyes on this team. The others are either too old and pass their prime, or only pass rushers (such as Chris Wilson).

Reed Doughty is a solid back up and special teamer. I was granted the opportunity to watch him with intricate detail after Sean Taylor passed. In my opinion, he plays scared, with his speed being his only redeeming quality. I'm not sold on him starting.

On a side note, as I had mentioned earlier, I believe that we need a corner. We need one not just for depth, but rather someone to join as a starter to provide Shawn Springs with the luxury of playing a position better suited for him, perhaps nickel or safety. We all saw how he got exposed in the playoffs last year.

Please refrain from saying anything positive with regards to Carlos Rogers, as he is a bust. Make it known that it should speak poorly of your character should you hold an opinion contrary to that which was just stated.

In conclusion, I believe that the safest pick is to draft Kenny Phillips in the first, and draft DE in round two, since the draft is deep in DE's.

Please feel free to post your opinions.
Personally, I liked his original version better.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I remember last year when you first brought up the question of whether we should draft Landry and JohnJay was the first to say we definitely should and (if you could read through his mess) gave pretty valid reasons why he thought so. But his posts are like gourmet meals served on a dirty trash can lid, you want to eat but the presentation is so bad you just push it away. It's a shame because I think he can be a good to great contributor.

Unless another mod wants to lock, I'll keep this open to give him a chance to redeem himself

Did you get the trash can lid thing, from the cosby show

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Did you get the trash can lid thing, from the cosby show
Hahaha, yes! It's one of my favorite analogies ever. When Cliff is explaining to Dabnus and Vanessa why he and Clair don't "like" him. I use it all the time
Old 04-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hahaha, yes! It's one of my favorite analogies ever. When Cliff is explaining to Dabnus and Vanessa why he and Clair don't "like" him. I use it all the time

That is one of my top episodes of all time. Its all in the presentation! "That's how she brought you here, on a garbage can lid." Classic!

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
FRPLG
MVP

Michael Bolton: That's the worst POST I've ever read in my life, johnjaywilliams.
Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this POST.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

dis is me hollain bak........ almost forgot to bold errrrythang......

okay man do me a favor: scroll up to the top and then scroll back down here. go ahead, I will give you three seconds.....

good? okay, now what did the banner say? Ill help you out, it says

Redskins Warpath
Discussion for the Knowledgeable fan.

That is what this site is about and you clearly are not knowledgeable. go to Dictionary.com, rethink your post, and stop making us look bad! This is not a chat room nor is anyone going to try to decode your ebonic shorthand jibberish.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Old 04-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This thread will only get worse. Locking it