Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gruden 2012 QB Camp Schedule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Gruden 2012 QB Camp Schedule

Man, I sure hope the Colts don't watch this and change their mind :FIREdevil

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Man, I sure hope the Colts don't watch this and change their mind :FIREdevil
They won't
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #33
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They won't
I don't know. I wouldn't be a definite as your statement, especially when reports are coming out that Wilbon hears rumblings from the colts organization that they are talking seriously about getting Griffin...
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #34
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I don't know. I wouldn't be a definite as your statement, especially when reports are coming out that Wilbon hears rumblings from the colts organization that they are talking seriously about getting Griffin...
Maybe they are but to me it seems more like someone is either trying to get the Colts more media attention or the NFL is asking them to keep any decision under wraps for as long as they can to help build up the hype before the draft. If they can take away salary cap space for violating unwritten rules then they can certainly do that.

I mean Griffin has met with and spoke with the Colts brass on numerous occasions and right now he's acting more like a future Redskin then anything else. Must have either picked up a vibe or been told out right that barring any sort of catastrophic injury Luck will be the number 1 pick in the draft.

Also keep in mind that between the two prospects RG3 is much more marketable at this point in time.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 04-03-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #35
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Man I hate Wilbon.. You can't believe a word that guy says. I'm sure his goal was to stir up all Redskin fans. His hatred towards the Skins is laughable.

Am I Surprised Michael Wilbon Is Still The Worst? NO, I AM NOT | Kissing Suzy Kolber
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am as on board with Griffin as anyone here, but I was disappointed in the Gruden Camp special. I was hoping for some whiteboard time, or some good discussion of pro-qb transitions. Instead, we learned Gruden likes socks, and doesn't like the "sniffer". Certainly, Griffin held his own, but it was all softball lobs in my mind.

Now I missed the Luck special, and haven't watched many overall, so maybe that is the nature of the show, I just expected it to be more qb stuff, less "pull the string"...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #37
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am as on board with Griffin as anyone here, but I was disappointed in the Gruden Camp special. I was hoping for some whiteboard time, or some good discussion of pro-qb transitions. Instead, we learned Gruden likes socks, and doesn't like the "sniffer". Certainly, Griffin held his own, but it was all softball lobs in my mind.

Now I missed the Luck special, and haven't watched many overall, so maybe that is the nature of the show, I just expected it to be more qb stuff, less "pull the string"...

Agree I was hopeing to see that to, Luck broke down plays/routes/coverages.

The think I took from it was what RG3 said, the Team that took him would have to be patient with him. I think the SKINS are that TEAM.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #38
Gtothearry
The Starter

U notice he mentioned, Coach Shannahan first and then seemed to catch himself and add the Colts head coach in as well.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
U notice he mentioned, Coach Shannahan first and then seemed to catch himself and add the Colts head coach in as well.
Yeah caught that too, he knows he's coming to US.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'd love to be able to see the unedited version to see what was cut out and why
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:

He seemed to take it easy on him. Not sure why. Or perhaps he's just that impressed with him, I dunno.

I haven't seen the whole Luck espisode yet either to compare. Can anyone compare the two?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #42
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He seemed to take it easy on him. Not sure why. Or perhaps he's just that impressed with him, I dunno.

I haven't seen the whole Luck espisode yet either to compare. Can anyone compare the two?

I watched both.

Gruden seemed to stick it to Luck a little more with tough questions. Asking him what he do if Manning told him he kick his ass and stuff like that. Also Luck did some play break down with the banana stuff.

He brought up the Heisman with both of them and how they felt when RGIII was called. Also asked them how much it mattered to them to be the number one pick.

As far as both of them throwing the ball it was all fluff but fun to watch.

Overall I say the Luck interview was more in depth about football skills where the RGIII interview more showcased his personality.,
Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I kinda agree. It was my first time watching Gruden's QB Camp, so I'm not sure if that's the norm, but it wasn't really all that. I felt they would go over more football specific type stuff, and instead they spent way too much time covering things like his socks, and how he felt at the Heisman ceremony, etc. I would've loved to see him test his memory skills again, or something along those lines.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #44
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Here is the full show of the Gruden's Camp RG3

Robert Griffin III on Gruden's QB Camp (VIDEO of Full Show) - Hogs Haven
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I kinda agree. It was my first time watching Gruden's QB Camp, so I'm not sure if that's the norm, but it wasn't really all that. I felt they would go over more football specific type stuff, and instead they spent way too much time covering things like his socks, and how he felt at the Heisman ceremony, etc. I would've loved to see him test his memory skills again, or something along those lines.
I watched pretty much everyone of them since they started and I guess it depends on his mood for that interview.

I beleive he was pretty tough with Jimmy Clausen the one year if my memory serves me right. I am sure Gruden has his favorites all ready in his head.

I am also willing to bet the 32 NFL teams put very little weight into that show. IT is really just for us the fans.