NFL Playoffs thread (2017-18)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #451
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: NFL Playoffs thread (2017-18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Like I said what if he's the MVP of the SB and the Browns call for Wentz and offer the 1 & 4 picks? I take that deal
This type of thinking is why you are not an NFL GM. Wentz has the ability to be an All-Pro QB for the next ten years. He's also a huge part of why the Eagles are where they are. You don't trade such a rare player.

On the other hand, if Wentz's injury is crippling and he'll never be the same again, then giving up the #1 and #4 picks for him is the kind of deal I would expect the Browns to make.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #452
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This type of thinking is why you are not an NFL GM. Wentz has the ability to be an All-Pro QB for the next ten years. He's also a huge part of why the Eagles are where they are. You don't trade such a rare player.

On the other hand, if Wentz's injury is crippling and he'll never be the same again, then giving up the #1 and #4 picks for him is the kind of deal I would expect the Browns to make.
It was just a question, I wasn't saying "Trade wentz now" lol, is that not a legit Q though? Nick Foles has been great and lets not forget he had a 27-2 td int season before so he's a good QB. Wentz is coming off a bad knee injury, what happens if he isn't the same after? I think he would be fine but you never know. The 1&4 pick is hard to turn down. And no I'm not a NFL GM but neither is 99% of america...
Old 01-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #453
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
It was just a question, I wasn't saying "Trade wentz now" lol, is that not a legit Q though? Nick Foles has been great and lets not forget he had a 27-2 td int season before so he's a good QB. Wentz is coming off a bad knee injury, what happens if he isn't the same after? I think he would be fine but you never know. The 1&4 pick is hard to turn down. And no I'm not a NFL GM but neither is 99% of america...
IMHO, that is not a legitimate question. I wouldn't consider it for a New York second. Wentz is w-a-a-a-a-y better than Foles.

BTW, I was just joking about The Browns. Even Cleveland won't trade for damaged goods.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #454
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
IMHO, that is not a legitimate question. I wouldn't consider it for a New York second. Wentz is w-a-a-a-a-y better than Foles.

BTW, I was just joking about The Browns. Even Cleveland won't trade for damaged goods.
he is for sure I agree. Foles though has earned a little extra cash this O/S IMO
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #455
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Blake Bortles “would be thrilled” to stay in Jacksonville – ProFootballTalk

Of course he would lol and probably will as a backup
Old 01-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #456
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Stay classy, Philadelphia.

Go pats.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #457
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
If Wentz was Eli Manning's age and you knew Wentz was close to retirement, then yeah, you'd deal Wentz. But he's going into his third year. He's got a bright future ahead of him, and he appears to be the real deal. No way you move him no matter what Foles does for you in the Super Bowl. This is why you have solid backup QBs - someone who can step in and keep the team headed toward their goal - which is Super Bowl champs. If it was Foles all year, I don't think the Eagles are 13-3.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #458
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Former NFL kicker Jay Feely said Gisele Bundchen asked him to convince Tom Brady to retire after last season.

Feely, a college teammate of Brady's at the University of Michigan, wasn't much help, advising the five-time Super Bowl champ to "play as long as [he] can." It's not the first time Bundchen has expressed this sentiment as Brady admitted his wife begged him to hang up his cleats after defeating the Falcons in last year's Super Bowl. Brady may have hid a concussion in 2016 and has battled various injuries throughout this season, though he still turned in another MVP-caliber year. Despite his wife's wishes, there's no indication the 40-year-old has any desire to call it quits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-her-campaign/

interesting.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #459
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Former NFL kicker Jay Feely said Gisele Bundchen asked him to convince Tom Brady to retire after last season.

Feely, a college teammate of Brady's at the University of Michigan, wasn't much help, advising the five-time Super Bowl champ to "play as long as [he] can." It's not the first time Bundchen has expressed this sentiment as Brady admitted his wife begged him to hang up his cleats after defeating the Falcons in last year's Super Bowl. Brady may have hid a concussion in 2016 and has battled various injuries throughout this season, though he still turned in another MVP-caliber year. Despite his wife's wishes, there's no indication the 40-year-old has any desire to call it quits.

interesting.
Usually the power would work for that kind of woman but tom can have any chick he wants so...
Old 01-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #460
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

interesting.
I remember reading a similar story a while back. I bet ya there's more going on with Brady, physically, than is let on, and you wonder how the Patriots would avoid the repercussions for not divulging info on Brady's concussion (or maybe they did and I just forgot about it?)
Old 01-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #461
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I remember reading a similar story a while back. I bet ya there's more going on with Brady, physically, than is let on, and you wonder how the Patriots would avoid the repercussions for not divulging info on Brady's concussion (or maybe they did and I just forgot about it?)
Buddy of mine just today was saying the same thing, allegedly based on what he claimed was an "altered gait" while he watched the game Sunday. He swore Brady was "moving different", and he was speculating if really his 40 year old body is banged up but the Pats aren't saying anything about it.

There obviously will be no repercussions if they hid his injury/injuries, I mean come on folks its the Pats, but I am sort of wondering now if after Brady wins another ring this year, does he retire. If he truly is battling nagging injuries, then he is certainly smart enough to know the danger in gambling that he will be fully healed for the 2018 season, at 41 years old... He also doesn't seem like a guy who would be happy playing below average football and slogging along to a 7-9 finish or something.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #462
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
If Wentz was Eli Manning's age and you knew Wentz was close to retirement, then yeah, you'd deal Wentz. But he's going into his third year. He's got a bright future ahead of him, and he appears to be the real deal. No way you move him no matter what Foles does for you in the Super Bowl. This is why you have solid backup QBs - someone who can step in and keep the team headed toward their goal - which is Super Bowl champs. If it was Foles all year, I don't think the Eagles are 13-3.
Yeah Wentz is the guy that helps get you there year in and year out.

Foles did the job, and made some good throws, but he was helped by a system, and while RPO seems to be very effective for them now, it won't take Bellichick and Patricia more than 2 quarters to figure out and 1 seasons for the rest of the league.

They need Wentz if they want to win for the next 10 years *pukes*, this D won't be there forever and this QB friendly system will be figured out.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #463
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Buddy of mine just today was saying the same thing, allegedly based on what he claimed was an "altered gait" while he watched the game Sunday. He swore Brady was "moving different", and he was speculating if really his 40 year old body is banged up but the Pats aren't saying anything about it.

There obviously will be no repercussions if they hid his injury/injuries, I mean come on folks its the Pats, but I am sort of wondering now if after Brady wins another ring this year, does he retire. If he truly is battling nagging injuries, then he is certainly smart enough to know the danger in gambling that he will be fully healed for the 2018 season, at 41 years old... He also doesn't seem like a guy who would be happy playing below average football and slogging along to a 7-9 finish or something.
I haven't noticed any issue with Brady's gate, but I'll pay more attention in the Super Bowl. 20 years of playing football, no matter how good of shape you're in, it's going to take a toll on the body. I would love, more than anything, to see quarterbacks play well into their 40's on a regular basis (except for Tom Brady, I'm done with him lol), but I know for experience, you get into your 40's, and it gets much tougher staying in good physical health.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #464
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
I haven't noticed any issue with Brady's gate, but I'll pay more attention in the Super Bowl. 20 years of playing football, no matter how good of shape you're in, it's going to take a toll on the body. I would love, more than anything, to see quarterbacks play well into their 40's on a regular basis (except for Tom Brady, I'm done with him lol), but I know for experience, you get into your 40's, and it gets much tougher staying in good physical health.
And I think that they will. I'm like you with Brady. But Brady is a different kind of athlete - different training / diet, etc... Even Kirk Cousins has taken training / dieting / sleeping tips from Brady. He has inspired a new generation of athletes so only time will tell if playing into the 40's is the "new thing"

I just don't see it happening with more brutal positions like Offensive Lineman, Running Backs, etc...
Old 01-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #465
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Marlon Humphrey accused of stealing a phone charger – ProFootballTalk

cant make some of this stuff up