Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Moss WANTS to be a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Cherry picking again I see.

Well, I admitted that Portis only seemed to stop caring or quit these past two years. Up until that point he ran hard. Moss on the other hand has been a liability from the get go. Dropped passes in crucial moments, fumbles, and out right quitting on plays. One of the biggest games of his career and he quits? Really? I recognize he's made plays for us and basically has been the only receiver we've had since....well since forever. It still doesn't change how I see this guy.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

A few plays doesn't sum up his body of work here.

Fact is he's been one of our more productive players for quite a while.

His career numbers as a Skin: 442 catches, 6142 yards, 34 TDs

Bottom line, is anyone else currently on the roster ready to step up and fill his shoes? Doubt it.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #33
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Bottom line, is anyone else currently on the roster ready to step up and fill his shoes? Doubt it.

Which is why I said this.

Quote:
That said, I'd sign him to a 1-2 year contract and move him to the slot until he can be replaced.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #34
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Yeah he would be a good re-sign as long as the contract makes sense.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #35
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

NC I swear you could find the negatives in a girl on girl video betwee Jessica Alba and Sofia Vegara. I agree with you on the 1-2 year deal but I'd give him at least 3.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #36
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
NC I swear you could find the negatives in a girl on girl video betwee Jessica Alba and Sofia Vegara. I agree with you on the 1-2 year deal but I'd give him at least 3.
Quitting is a huge pet peeve of mine. I couldn't stand Jason Campbell, but the guy played hard. He didn't quit and did the best he could. It's why I can't stand guys like Randy Moss or Albert Haynesworth. Great talents that don't give it their all and quit when things don't go their way. For Santana to quit in the biggest game of his career was pathetic and it killed it for me. I can forgive a fumble, a drop pass, but quitting is where I draw the line. (especially when it costs us a playoff game)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Old 06-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #38
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Quitting is a huge pet peeve of mine. I couldn't stand Jason Campbell, but the guy played hard. He didn't quit and did the best he could. It's why I can't stand guys like Randy Moss or Albert Haynesworth. Great talents that don't give it their all and quit when things don't go their way. For Santana to quit in the biggest game of his career was pathetic and it killed it for me. I can forgive a fumble, a drop pass, but quitting is where I draw the line. (especially when it costs us a playoff game)
I understand what you are saying but there is a common theme in a lot of your ideas. It's like listening to the Lavar and Dukes show sometimes, I know if there is a negative, no matter how small it is you will find it and focus solely on that. I could be wrong but that's just how it reads. I'm not saying that you have to feel like all is great but sometimes I wonder why you stick with the swuad at all. You're cool though but I always can guess where you are going to go with something. It's needed though,

Hail !

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
NC I swear you could find the negatives in a girl on girl video between Jessica Alba and Sofia Vegara. I agree with you on the 1-2 year deal but I'd give him at least 3.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #40
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I understand what you are saying but there is a common theme in a lot of your ideas. It's like listening to the Lavar and Dukes show sometimes, I know if there is a negative, no matter how small it is you will find it and focus solely on that. I could be wrong but that's just how it reads. I'm not saying that you have to feel like all is great but sometimes I wonder why you stick with the swuad at all. You're cool though but I always can guess where you are going to go with something. It's needed though,

Hail !
Apparently you missed the draft threads, or the threads that Dirtbag did breaking down the plays. I think you just focus on the negative things I write instead of the positive. Also, there is a common theme (negative) with the posts because this franchise has been negative for the past decade. It's been blunder after blunder for so long. I've stated time and time again I'm happy with the direction of this franchise at it's current state and hope like hell Snyder stays the **** away to let Bruce and Mike do their thing.

Make no mistake about it, I've been wanting players like MeAngelo, Portis and Moss (and many others) gone for a long time. I think they were also part of the problem and culture that infected this team for quite sometime.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Apparently you missed the draft threads, or the threads that Dirtbag did breaking down the plays. I think you just focus on the negative things I write instead of the positive. Also, there is a common theme (negative) with the posts because this franchise has been negative for the past decade. It's been blunder after blunder for so long. I've stated time and time again I'm happy with the direction of this franchise at it's current state and hope like hell Snyder stays the **** away to let Bruce and Mike do their thing.

Make no mistake about it, I've been wanting players like MeAngelo, Portis and Moss (and many others) gone for a long time. I think they were also part of the problem and culture that infected this team for quite sometime.
I think you focus too much on guys like Portis, Moss or Hall. In the end, how the team performs has a lot to do with the coaching staff and front office. I am fine with the direction that this team is going, but I want to see more good decisions made by the front office and less of the stupid ones from last season (McNabb trade, keeping the Haynesworth issue alive, the McNabb benching).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #42
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:

Now you are entirely too smart to make statements like that. So I get it, much like alot of Skins fans you focus on since Snyder got here. We were getting our asses kicked when Cooke 1 owned the team, while Cooke 2 looked over the team, and now while Snyder has owned the team. We didn't just start signing guys to big money for them to get here and not look as good as the contract number say they should. If you're going to talk about how bad the team is then make sure you accept the fact that Casserly ****ed up just like anyone else did. Still waiting on you to make it up this way so we can have that brew and discuss this team.

I don't focus solely on the negative things you say that's what I see on the threads I look at. I took flack here because while Iwas not the only one who disliked jason Campbell I acted like it. So I know where you are coming from where your opinion is your opnion but it's a lot like what I hear here on a certain sportstalk station that prides themselves on shitting on Danny and anything that goes on with him. Portis while a diva at times didn't deserve alot of the shit that he took but that's for another conversation.

I swear Danny needs to hire me !

Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #43
NLC1054
Special Teams

It doesn't look to me like Santana "quit" there.

Granted, I wasn't a huge Redskins' fan back then, so maybe I'm missing the emotional attachment to that moment, but it looks like a bad throw by Todd Collins that Santana thought was going to go out of bounds. Maybe he could've come back to the ball, but I don't think he "quit" everything. He came out and ran his route hard.

Then when the ball was picked off he was trying to stop the guy. A guy who "quits" usually isn't a guy who's going to try and run anyone down.

I could be totally wrong though.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #44
30gut
Playmaker

I don't think Tana's production is as easily replaceable as people think.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #45
NLC1054
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I don't think Tana's production is as easily replaceable as people think.
Same here. I don't think you can drop just anyone in the slot and have them catch 93 balls. Especially not a rookie. And I like all the rookie wideouts and second year guys we have.

But I still think you need that vet there to take the pressure off the young guys.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote