Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

My first trip to FedEx

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

My first trip to FedEx

Made my first trip down to FedEx this weekend.

My thoughts:

- First my ONLY complaint. With all the cash the Skins rake in, why don't they have a Metro stop right next to the stadium? While the shuttle ride (from Landover station) with fellow Skins fans was a treat for a newcomer like me, I wouldn't want to do it every week. Even the Expos had a Metro stop right near our stadium, and we only drew 9,000 fans a game not 90,000.

- I walked around the tailgate lots for a bit and it was awesome. Skins stuff all over the place and everyone was really friendly. We unfortunately came empty handed but were able to grab some beers with little effort. The weather was beautiful and the atmosphere outside the stadium was a sight to see.

- I came to the game with my buddy who's a long-time Bears fan. He was decked in Bears gear and not scared to throw a few lines around in good fun. While he did take some abuse from the fans (and deservedly so), it was all in good fun and done with class. Made me proud to be a Skins fan. For instance they wouldn't let him use the bathroom unless he yelled "Lavar!" three times.

- For the record I'd say 70% of the jerseys worn by fans were Arringtons, with the rest divided between Green, Riggins, Jurgensen, Coles (inexplicably), Moss, Portis, Williams, Taylor. I was a little surprised at the lack of Monk and Theismann jerseys. On the Bears side, 99% were Urlachers. Luckily my buddy was in the 1% minority, cuz I'll tell you I'm really sick of seeing those Urlacher jerseys, especially when he facemasks our players every fckn time we play them.

- Don't ask what I paid, but our seats were in section 101, right behind the Skins bench, 20 rows up. Suffice it to say we were VERY happy.

- I've been to a few different football stadiums and I thought FedEx was as nice as any of them. I was impressed with how big it was and how "vertical" the seating was. Looked like every seat had a pretty good view of the action.

- Out of the blue we bumped into Chief Whatshisname which was a real bonus. And don't worry he didn't let my delusional Bears friend off the hook too easily. He gave him a solid cursing and told him he was lucky he was with a Skins fan.

- I thought the pregame was done really well, and it was nice to see the American flags waving everywhere. The fighter jets overhead were really cool, and I didn't have much trouble watching Jessica Simpson... Unfortunately I didn't catch the half-time show.

- I'll save my thoughts of the actual game for another thread, but I will say this - when the Bears were called for those false starts the place was EXTREMELY LOUD. Even better, it got louder and louder every time they got pushed back, and by the time we got the sack/fumble it was deafening. I hope the fans bring it like that every game cuz I really do believe it made a difference.

- The game FLEW by and not just cuz I was enjoying it so much. I guess the lack of offense helped, the clock just never seemed to stop ticking.

- All in all I had a phenomenal time. Thanks to all the fans, players and coaches for a truly awesome experience and most importantly the W!!!!!!! I'm gonna try to make it back down for another game later this season, but if we're in the playoff hunt it will make the decision a lot easier, so keep up the good work Skins fans and keep the wins coming!!!!!
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Re: My first trip to FedEx

WOW great section. Must have been fun. I was way up top but i loved it. It was my first real game. Before the game i went to the players lot just as i did after the scrimmage and i got some really really good autographs, most came when i went back after the game. The only one that signed by me that i missed was Springs but I did get to pat him on the shoulder and that is better than an autograph to me. The fans better stay this loud forever, i hope that we didn't lose to many fans today with brunnel now starting

The stadium is nice, it is just seats, no open spots just a giant ring of seats and i love that
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

There is NOTHING quite like the first pilgrimage to 'Valhalla'

I wish I'd have made it to RFK when it was still going strong.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #4
monk81
The Starter

I'm as jealous as hell, but I'm glad y'all had a good time............