Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #46
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf
ade jimoh
I was saying in another thread that hopefully this weekend we won't have to say anything about him.

Things like, "OHMIGOD I can't believe he got burnt AGAIN."

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #47
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

What about his Safety that was overruled?

Lay off the Ade.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #48
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I happened to be listening to 980 the day he hurt himself. He came on the show and was depressed, you could hear it in his voice. He in no way put the blame on the coaching staff or training staff. He said he told them " I am going to be on the field today, and you will have to physically hold me down if you dont want me out there!!" He stopped talking to media when all this happened, because someone in the media made up something saying he lashed out at the team for the way he was being treated. I also remember when they showed him coming out of the training facility on crutches and when someone asked him about it, he basically said, "you have the story you want, so write about it" basically saying, write what you want, you didn't listen to me in the first place, so make up your own. I dont know where this thing about him critisizing the management and coaching staff came from. I am a diehard fan, and read the post, times, espn, redskins.com everyday and never do I remember hearing him bash the team in that way.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041200176.html
Old 10-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #49
MTK
\m/

Hmmmm, sounds like he's blaming the staff to me. Nice find cpayne, I love it when people do their homework.

Quote:
"In terms of the support from [team officials], it's like nothing," Arrington said before leaving Redskins Park early this afternoon. "It's like, just let me disappear and die. To me it kind of [stinks]; it [stinks], because it's not like I have a relationship built with [the coaches] anyway, because they're new and then I get hurt and every year it's always someone new [as a head coach]. Does that mean it's right the way it's being handled? . . . It makes you wonder, man, what's their agenda?"
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #50
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Hmmmm, sounds like he's blaming the staff to me. Nice find cpayne, I love it when people do their homework.
Yeah I was too lazy to fight back on that one. I knew it was incorrect but with all the argument about this lately I have lost much of my will to beat something to death. Good find cpayne. Bravo to you sir.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #51
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat
What about his Safety that was overruled?

Lay off the Ade.
hey i actually like jimoh alot. i think he is a better cover corner than rogers right now. rogers is too soft, jimoh is actually fighting with receivers and running with them. rogers is just trying to keep them in front of him. rogers is better at run support.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #52
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
hey i actually like jimoh alot. i think he is a better cover corner than rogers right now. rogers is too soft, jimoh is actually fighting with receivers and running with them. rogers is just trying to keep them in front of him. rogers is better at run support.

DOH! I can't agree with that! Jimoh's place is on special teams...I haven't really seen anything from Jimoh to make me believe he's a better cover corner than Rogers. I mean, Jimoh might fight with the receivers, but he has no technique. He never looks back at the ball, and if he does, it's after the ball has went over his head into the hands of the receiver.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:20 PM   #53
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
yeah, that's cause he's not good enough to cover someone without illegal contact or pass interference.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #54
jamf
Pro Bowl

rogers gives the WR a free first down with his 15 yard cushion. granted rogers will be better in the long run, but now jimoh is better.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #55
GoSkins!
The Starter

I don't want to be a kill joy here, but has anyone actually heard where Williams said he was going to play Lavar more this week? All I heard is that he said Lavar has had a very good 2 weeks and seems to have his legs back. I have heard him speak well of him in the past and then he doesn't play.

Anyway, I hope he plays and plays well. I am just think people may be reading into what Williams has said instead of listening to exactly what he said.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #56
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
rogers gives the WR a free first down with his 15 yard cushion. granted rogers will be better in the long run, but now jimoh is better.
i totally disagree to each his own.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #57
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Ade? Is that you?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #58
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Wink Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
you really need help, GW won games for us last year, lavar didn't. How can you be a bigger fan of lavar than the team? that seems kinda nuts.
Well if the skins are 5th doesnt that mean there are 4 other Def coordinaters better?

Nah now that he has given Lavar a chance maybe i dont wanna see him leave...i just was upset with his comments..people are talking like he's a rookie....IF LaVar can play...if he proves homself...rediclous he has proven and hes played hurt... You wanna talk about Loyalty how quicky you all turned on him and made him seem like a criminal...Dont forget Lavar was here for all the bad years ...speaking out loudly giving 200% when others weren't... so now he should have been able to celebrate in the good times too but instead this Williams told all these fish tales... and gave ten million excuses.. inventing more as the pressure increased...he basically smeared the man as far as i'm concerned.... So where's the loyalty to laVar???? Redskins???? its not about loyalty I love the redskins ..but Lavar has been a redskin longer than williams...he's a coach... that just got here ...Lavar is a Redskin ...he bleeds burgandy.....so check your loyalties...

Last edited by railcon56; 10-21-2005 at 06:05 PM.
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #59
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
Well if the skins are 5th doesnt that mean there are 4 other Def coordinaters better?

Nah now that he has given Lavar a chance maybe i dont wanna see him leave...i just was upset with his comments..people are talking like he's a rookie....IF LaVar can play...if he proves homself...rediclous he has proven and hes played hurt... You wanna talk about Loyalty how quicky you all turned on him and made him seem like a criminal...Dont forget Lavar was here for all the bad years ...speaking out loudly giving 200% when others weren't... so now he should have been able to celebrate in the good times too but instead this Williams told all these fish tales... and gave ten million excuses.. inventing more as the pressure increased...he basically smeared the man as far as i'm concerned.... So where's the loyalty to laVar???? Redskins???? its not about loyalty I love the redskins ..but Lavar has been a redskin longer than williams...he's a coach... that just got here ...Lavar is a Redskin ...he bleads burgandy.....so check your loyalties...
FYI, Gregg Williams was hired by the man who won us 3 Lombardi trophies. Seems to me that Gibbs means more to the organization than any player ever has or will. Check your loyalties.

For further debate, I intend to refer to the precedent set forth in Rubber v. Glue.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #60
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
FYI, Gregg Williams was hired by the man who won us 3 Lombardi trophies. Seems to me that Gibbs means more to the organization than any player ever has or will. Check your loyalties.

For further debate, I intend to refer to the precedent set forth in Rubber v.

Glue.
Not questioning Gibbs as much as Williams...Gibbs is in the Redskin Family as is Lavar....
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote