Falcons postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #181
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Falcons postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
And yet our DBs seem to be confused with our quarter defense, don't they ? It's fascinating...
On the Bust to Patterson, that was all on the FS , It was Cover 3 and he came down to support the crossing route. That is a simple fix but it's communication. JDR is doing an awful job right now

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #182
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
So just as I predicted they’re sticking with Hopkins and not bringing anyone in
Bad move. He nearly cost them the Falcons game with two missed extra points. He's not getting any better.

We're also saddled with many other bad coaching decisions. Our secondary played well at the end of last season but our coaches never heard the old adage "if it ain't broke broke don't fix it'.

Nobody rushes just four players as much as we do. There are times when a team needs to bring more heat with creative blitzes.

There are still a couple of older players who have lost a step still starting and hurting us. That makes no sense to me on a building team.

Speaking of lack of creativity, Scott Turner isn't exactly blowing me away with his play calling.

We would be dead in the water by now if Providence hadn't willed us to have Taylor Heinicke as our starting QB. RR had nothing to do with that.

I could go on...
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #183
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Bad move. He nearly cost them the Falcons game with two missed extra points. He's not getting any better.

We're also saddled with many other bad coaching decisions. Our secondary played well at the end of last season but our coaches never heard the old adage "if it ain't broke broke don't fix it'.

Nobody rushes just four players as much as we do. There are times when a team needs to bring more heat with creative blitzes.

There are still a couple of older players who have lost a step still starting and hurting us. That makes no sense to me on a building team.

Speaking of lack of creativity, Scott Turner isn't exactly blowing me away with his play calling.

We would be dead in the water by now if Providence hadn't willed us to have Taylor Heinicke as our starting QB. RR had nothing to do with that.

I could go on...
There's actually only six teams in the league that are blitzing more than Washington through the first four weeks.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:21 PM   #184
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There's actually only six teams in the league that are blitzing more than Washington through the first four weeks.
But do those not blitzing have good coverage negating the need to blitz? Do they have a DL that generates significant pressure without needing to blitz?

We need to blitz more while our secondary is finding its feet (assuming it does; at times they look like they'd need help finding their asses) at least as without pressure we're being picked apart and the DL can't seem to do it alone.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #185
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't know, I just know that they are blitzing more than most. Obviously it doesn't really matter, because the whole operation is not working.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:07 PM   #186
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I saw that last week. Currently we are 8th in blitz % at 30.3%

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...vanced_defense

1st half against the Bills, we didnt blitz. Second half we blitzed like crazy. of our 54 blitz, Id guess 15+ came from that half alone.

I think the non blitzing is so pronounced bc we dont blitz on 3rd and longs and we are all hyper dissecting 3rd and longs.

Its something to watch. When we blitz, whats the down and distance, the scoreboard, etc

6th in QB hurries %, 10th in Qb pressure % ...

advanced stats say we are pressuring and hurrying the QB ..
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #187
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I saw that last week. Currently we are 8th in blitz % at 30.3%

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...vanced_defense

1st half against the Bills, we didnt blitz. Second half we blitzed like crazy. of our 54 blitz, Id guess 15+ came from that half alone.

I think the non blitzing is so pronounced bc we dont blitz on 3rd and longs and we are all hyper dissecting 3rd and longs.

Its something to watch. When we blitz, whats the down and distance, the scoreboard, etc

6th in QB hurries %, 10th in Qb pressure % ...

advanced stats say we are pressuring and hurrying the QB ..
They do, and I think this all adds up to the fact that the back end of the defense is not only the biggest problem, but egregiously horrendous. Just imagine if they weren't pressuring/hurrying the QB at the rate they are...
Old 10-05-2021, 02:27 PM   #188
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
They do, and I think this all adds up to the fact that the back end of the defense is not only the biggest problem, but egregiously horrendous. Just imagine if they weren't pressuring/hurrying the QB at the rate they are...
Yeah its bad.

Are we putting William Jackson on the "weak" side on an island with his guy, asking him to play a cushion/off while stacking the S over the other side? Obviously not every snap but I think I see that a decent bit, hard to tell from TV footage.

I read we are not giving WJ3 protection and asking him to play 1 v 1 more than the others
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:02 PM   #189
skinsnut
Playmaker

Chase Young: welcome to the NFL year 2. It is called film study. 32+ OT's have your outside move figured out, not to mention 32 playcallers. You have been completely neutralized. One move? one move?
Chase Young is a star, but he is not an ambiturner.

That is why he is getting pulled, that is why they can't play tight man. Chase Young is currently a liability because he assumed his speed could carry him like it has his whole life. Well, this is why you need a high football IQ. Everyone can be neutralized with enough film study. Aarrogance often leads to shooting star burnout careers. We will see what happens at the end of this movie. One move? One move?
Old 10-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #190
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Chase Young: welcome to the NFL year 2. It is called film study. 32+ OT's have your outside move figured out, not to mention 32 playcallers. You have been completely neutralized. One move? one move?
Chase Young is a star, but he is not an ambiturner.

That is why he is getting pulled, that is why they can't play tight man. Chase Young is currently a liability because he assumed his speed could carry him like it has his whole life. Well, this is why you need a high football IQ. Everyone can be neutralized with enough film study. Aarrogance often leads to shooting star burnout careers. We will see what happens at the end of this movie. One move? One move?
Continue to also ask the egotistical coaching staff the same question good sir. I blame them as much as him.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:48 PM   #191
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We're still talking about the actual game in this thread? We should be discussing condiments by now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:01 AM   #192
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We're still talking about the actual game in this thread? We should be discussing condiments by now.
I love a good mustard.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:12 AM   #193
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I love a good mustard.
Now this thread is getting places! Anyone like horse raddish?

Between that and wasabi, a total different kind of kick, but I like them both. When I get sushi, I'm out of wasabi after 3 pieces of the roll.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:20 AM   #194
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:

Between that and wasabi, a total different kind of kick, but I like them both. When I get sushi, I'm out of wasabi after 3 pieces of the roll.
I didn't have horse radish once, but had Wasabi paste. Tried to make cocktail sauce with it for some shrimp cocktail...
I like spicy, and I like Wasabi quite a bit. This shit was not edible. No amount of ketchup mixed in muted the extreme Wasabi heat.
Had to throw it away with eyes watering and a runny nose.
I was victimized by cocktail sauce.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:44 AM   #195
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:

I put horseradish Mayo on all sandwiches… it’s great raw also !! I love wasabi also !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote