Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is the End Near For Bruce Allen?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #76
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Is the End Near For Bruce Allen?

If George was alive he'd slap the shit out of Bruce then slap him again for shittin.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #77
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Vinny C was on Sheehan's podcast today.

Initially, I wanted to take my vote back on who is a better GM, he or Bruce, because he is the biggest idiot I've ever heard talk football. Often the passage of time softens anger or disappointment.

Then I thought, he had a better record than the Prince of Darkness Bruce.

It really is quite remarkable.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Vinny's just a dumb guy. I mean who hires a bingo caller to come in during the middle of a football season to call plays? How can you honestly do that and expect to be taken seriously? As terrible as Allen is, he's actually not a dumb guy. He's just a pure 100% brown nosing politician. Every big corporate outfit has a Bruce Allen type. If Dan Snyder asked Bruce to hand wash his underwear Bruce would gladly do it, then hand it back to Snyder folded and pressed with starch. I actually dislike people like Allen more than someone like Vinny.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #79
MTK
\m/

Listening to that interview I couldn’t help but think man Vinny is such a boob. Sounded like at one point he was eating... what a clown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #80
Warthog
The Starter

The fact that Dan Snyder first has an ass-clown like Vinny as the "all but in the name" GM shows that what he wants is a butt-kisser, not someone who knows anything about football. The reason he keeps Bruce around is that Allen can talk to the politicians about getting the new stadium that Snyder wants. I actually think that Bruce and Snyder believe that crap about "winning off the field" . Especially when you can't do it on the football field.

What Snyder doesn't realize is that if the Redskins were a winning franchise, ON THE FIELD, the politicians might want to fund the new stadium! Allen doesn't have the GM talent to get them there.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #81
sandtrapjack
The Starter

More shade getting tossed at Bruce Allen from PFT:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ned-this-year/
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #82
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
More shade getting tossed at Bruce Allen from PFT:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ned-this-year/
I still don't understand why anyone would take Chris Russell as a serious Redskins source.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #83
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I still don't understand why anyone would take Chris Russell as a serious Redskins source.
More drama from the queen himself...

Russell: Williams started resenting Redskins when they drafted Christian
Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I heard that this morning...I aint buying it. If anything Christian is a swing tackle pick to replace Nsekhe who was getting older and more expensive as the years went on.

Queen is right...and she handed that right to the gossip king of bullshit, Florio. Those 2 would make a great couple.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #85
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read, I'm glad I don't listen to that trash. I have no idea how/why JP Findlay puts up with him or anyone in 106.7 The Fan.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Chris Russell and Mike Florio - might as well know that it will be a full blown negative nelly report.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read, I'm glad I don't listen to that trash. I have no idea how/why JP Findlay puts up with him or anyone in 106.7 The Fan.
I wonder how many people actually read that full article.

Really explains the dynamic between Finlay and Russell, Finlay has always been well regarded whereas Russell is the tabloid reporter of the Skins world.

I think Finlay did a great job of explaining the differences between him and Russell. Obviously they are friends, share info, etc. but Finlay only reports the solid sourced stuff.

The key thing about the Geron Christian tidbit is Russell prefaces it with "I think". Seems easy to me that he is just saying his opinion without any sources to back it up.

I gotta wonder if that bit about 40 people leaving the Skins is true. It's no suprise the Redskins have had a rep for dysfunction in years. Smootsmack himself didn't want to work for the Redskins because he knew about the culture there. If what Russell is saying is true, nothing's really changed, and Bruce Allen is the epicenter of it all.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #88
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

How many people work for the team? Is it 100? yes, 40 would be a lot. Is it 1000? 40 is not that many.

This is more negative crap from Russell.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:50 AM   #89
Warthog
The Starter

I live near Philly and the local sports radio stations are loyal as hell to the Eagles team, their players, coaches, and the owner. I guess it doesn't surprise me that the D.C. sports radio has been alienated by Snyder and his latest toadie, Bruce Allen. As with Vinny Cerrato, you just wonder how badly the team has to perform year-after-year, how badly the fans have to suffer over the last two decades before they get rid of this ass-clown, Allen, and make a change to a REAL FOOTBALL General Manager. Someone with some real NFL credibility.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:19 AM   #90
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I live near Philly and the local sports radio stations are loyal as hell to the Eagles team, their players, coaches, and the owner. I guess it doesn't surprise me that the D.C. sports radio has been alienated by Snyder and his latest toadie, Bruce Allen. As with Vinny Cerrato, you just wonder how badly the team has to perform year-after-year, how badly the fans have to suffer over the last two decades before they get rid of this ass-clown, Allen, and make a change to a REAL FOOTBALL General Manager. Someone with some real NFL credibility.
I don't want loyal radio stations/reporters covering the Redskins, but I also don't want cry babies who exaggerate negative stories to get ratings.

That being said, people need to realize that there are a whole bunch of radio/podcast people in this area that are not journalist and what they do is not sports news IMO. This would be Russell, The Junkies, Grant Paulsen, Kevin Sheehan, Tom Loverro, etc., etc., etc. A lot of the stuff that they report is highly biased and opinionated. And if you are making your decisions/opinions on the team based on these guys, well you might as well get your Redskins news from anyone who posts here.

Craig Hoffman, recently posted something a long twitter thread about his criticism of news coverage nowadays, said the following which I feel is what we as fans should be getting from anyone who reports Redskins news:

"The stakes of what I cover are much, much lower but I will never go on one of our shows and simply say "Jay Gruden said (something)" and leave it there.

I will always add whatever else I know about the situation to evaluate the veracity of the statement and put it in context."

And that's what I want from the sports media, which is why I religiously follow Hoffman, Keim, JP and Michael Phillips. I don't feel like these guys are pulling things out of their assess like Russell does.
R.I.P. #21