Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,235
When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

I blame Gruden for a lot of the Redskins problems but I believe he is tasked with turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

There have been roster moves that are baffling and our draft picks haven't produced for us.

Bruce has said he wants to build through the draft and sign our own guys.
Since he's been here, he's drafted 77 players, only 13 are currently making contributions to this team.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...5110&type=team

This team lacks talent at the skill positions.
Our WRs have been a shit show since they let Garcon and Jackson walk and replaced them with Pryor and Doctson.



Thompson is a quality back but doesn't have homerun speed and doesn't make people miss on one on one situations where it seems AP just tosses them aside.

Peterson and Reed are the only two guys who can excel in this type of offense. We need more speed, A lot more speed on offense.

This front office is trying to build the team using low cost mediocre players ( Richardson and Pryor) and we are getting mediocre results from them.

It seems like the Redskins are in denial about certain players.
They had to have known Doctson wasn't going to be any good in the preseason yet they don't address it early on.
Lavaou has been a problem for years but they go into the season without a backup for him. we all complained about this before preseason started.


Excluding last year, this WR corp is the worst the redskins have had in the last 40 years. Even worse than Westbrooke, Thrash and Irving Fryer in the early 2000s!

I don't think any coach can succeed with this front office.

FIRE BRUCE!

#HungoverRant
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,156
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

I honestly don't think talent is the issue right now.

Allen needs to go regardless.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,988
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly don't think talent is the issue right now.

Allen needs to go regardless.
Ditto on both.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,744
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

A fish rots from the head down. And our head is already as rotten as it gets. Teams get their identity from its GM and HC. And that applies to us right now with why we have no consistency and all too often look completely unprepared to play. Fucking sucks.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,988
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
A fish rots from the head down. And our head is already as rotten as it gets. Teams get their identity from its GM and HC. And that applies to us right now with why we have no consistency and all too often look completely unprepared to play. Fucking sucks.
IMO Allen is on the way out, and Doug is more of the GM. I pin most of the issues on Jay, as he's been the common denominator in all of this.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
Burgold
Camp Scrub
 
Burgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 29
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I blame Gruden for a lot of the Redskins problems but I believe he is tasked with turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

There have been roster moves that are baffling and our draft picks haven't produced for us.

Bruce has said he wants to build through the draft and sign our own guys.
Since he's been here, he's drafted 77 players, only 13 are currently making contributions to this team.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...5110&type=team

This team lacks talent at the skill positions.
Our WRs have been a shit show since they let Garcon and Jackson walk and replaced them with Pryor and Doctson.



Thompson is a quality back but doesn't have homerun speed and doesn't make people miss on one on one situations where it seems AP just tosses them aside.

Peterson and Reed are the only two guys who can excel in this type of offense. We need more speed, A lot more speed on offense.

This front office is trying to build the team using low cost mediocre players ( Richardson and Pryor) and we are getting mediocre results from them.

It seems like the Redskins are in denial about certain players.
They had to have known Doctson wasn't going to be any good in the preseason yet they don't address it early on.
Lavaou has been a problem for years but they go into the season without a backup for him. we all complained about this before preseason started.


Excluding last year, this WR corp is the worst the redskins have had in the last 40 years. Even worse than Westbrooke, Thrash and Irving Fryer in the early 2000s!

I don't think any coach can succeed with this front office.

FIRE BRUCE!

#HungoverRant
Right on,you're absolutely right but we know Snyder ain't gonna fire Bruce because he doesn't have the GUTS TO DO IT!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,744
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Bruce taints the organization in every facet and Grudens game to game management and leadership is atrocious. Great combo for never winning anything.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,718
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Talent is decent, especially on the lines. WR sucks but I'm good with every other group. AD being the best player on O right now scares me tho. U cant have a 33 YO RB doing it all, he's all of the sudden a receiver too now?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,988
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Talent is decent, especially on the lines. WR sucks but I'm good with every other group. AD being the best player on O right now scares me tho. U cant have a 33 YO RB doing it all, he's all of the sudden a receiver too now?
To be fair, we drafted a stud RB and he got hurt. You can't pin injuries on anyone (see Dalvin Cook last year).

I just don't trust Jay's ability to do anything, so I doubt whether talent is the issue if he can't coach.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #10
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,156
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Right on,you're absolutely right but we know Snyder ain't gonna fire Bruce because he doesn't have the GUTS TO DO IT!!
Eh, he canned Vinny twice. Bruce isn't untouchable. It would probably be presented as him stepping down and not being fired.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #11
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,235
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
To be fair, we drafted a stud RB and he got hurt. You can't pin injuries on anyone (see Dalvin Cook last year).

I just don't trust Jay's ability to do anything, so I doubt whether talent is the issue if he can't coach.
I don't completely agree with this.
Dalvin Cook and Guice happen from time to time.
What about Lavauo, Doctson, and Reed?

Reed is healthy only because he wasn't used.
He is all world talent but is on a pitch count.

Lavauo breaks down every year yet we didn't have a back up plan for him so we shuffled the line.

Doctson is in the witness protection program.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,988
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't completely agree with this.
Dalvin Cook and Guice happen from time to time.
What about Lavauo, Doctson, and Reed?

Reed is healthy only because he wasn't used.
He is all world talent but is on a pitch count.

Lavauo breaks down every year yet we didn't have a back up plan for him so we shuffled the line.

Doctson is in the witness protection program.
Well the plan for guard was Arie Kouandjio, but we all know how that went.

I just feel that Jay has more of a say on personnel matters, especially after this summer when there seem to be reports showing that Allen is on his way out. Combine that with issues in coaching and developing/preparing players (like Doctson) to me he seems more responsible than anyone.

Once again, I do agree Allen needs to go, but I feel he's on the way out. It'll be important to have someone in place to hire the next HC. But some of the issues we are having right now are more of Jay's fault .
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,541
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

I've been on the fire Allen bandwagon since the Shanahan days, always thought he wanted McC gone because he was jealous of McC getting the credit for building the roster in those days.

The way this season is going I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden and Allen are out. The minimum Gruden needs to do is make the playoffs, but if it's one and done I still wouldn't rule it out.

Allen's football acumen has always been suspect and I'm sure we can find someone equally competent at handling front office matters.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #14
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,960
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Eh, he canned Vinny twice. Bruce isn't untouchable. It would probably be presented as him stepping down and not being fired.
Agree, the organization wont say he was fired even if he is.

People are checking out on this team in droves and I think its going to get worse before it gets better. There is absolutely no buzz or excitement with this team anymore and as fans go away so does the $. That's the only thing the ownership understands and hopefully they get the message before its too late.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #15
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,312
Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Question, if talent isn't an issue...where do you rank our roster just within the division?

Eagles have a more talented roster...that's an easy one. I think the Giants roster is on par with ours. I think Offensive talent we are better the cowboys...but defensively I think they are equally talented, and maybe give the Cowboys a slight edge.

To say the talent isn't an issue, that's just ignorant....borderline stupid.

Callahan, Tomsula, Kotwica, randy Jordan...these are league-wide, well respected coaches.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.19438 seconds with 10 queries