Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2020, 05:58 PM   #92
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Dunbar is going to be interviewed at 2 pm on Sirius XM NFL radio. I’ll be interested to see what that #%¥$ has to say.
Cry like a jilted bitch, he’s attitude about getting paid or traded got was granted. If he tried to bluff, he sure did a shitty job.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 PM   #93
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Dunbar is going to be interviewed at 2 pm on Sirius XM NFL radio. I’ll be interested to see what that #%¥$ has to say.

I was wallowing in the effects of COVID-19 at work and couldn’t listen. Anyone hear the interview?
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #94
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

I think the Redskins could have thrown him some guaranteed money and kept him happy. He was in the same position as Trent, no guaranteed money in his last year of his contract.

Also, as has been said, Gruden and/or Bruce made him promises that he actually believed. I mean is there any agent in the NFL, or this planet, who believed anything that Bruce Allen said?

Another talented player who left largely because of Bruce Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:48 AM   #95
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think the Redskins could have thrown him some guaranteed money and kept him happy. He was in the same position as Trent, no guaranteed money in his last year of his contract.

Also, as has been said, Gruden and/or Bruce made him promises that he actually believed. I mean is there any agent in the NFL, or this planet, who believed anything that Bruce Allen said?

I'd rather just trade him.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #96
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

Who knows why he left, but when a new coach is on record saying we want players who are all in and he starts by saying new deal or trade me, are we surprised when he gets traded? Not me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #97
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Who knows why he left, but when a new coach is on record saying we want players who are all in and he starts by saying new deal or trade me, are we surprised when he gets traded? Not me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
He demanded one of two things. He got one of them and now he's still whining. Is there any reason he and his agent couldn't ask for what they really wanted which was more money with a guaranteed amount? Lesson 1: Be careful what you ask for. Ask for exactly what you want and don't confuse the issue.

Also, they could have asked for it in private and not used social media to plead their case. His agent is about as smooth as a cobblestone road. Lesson 2: Be respectful and professional about how you negotiate and don't try to embarrass the other party.

Lesson 3: Be aware of the environment in which you are pursuing your goal. There is a new boss. He is building a team and a new culture. He wants veteran leaders and not malcontents. Plus, he's already been through enough bullshit with Trent Williams and his agent. Don't mess with the man.

Lesson 4: Get a real agent instead of some big mouth bully who thinks he can power his way to get you what you want.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #98
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I missed the interview, let me take a wild guess what he said.

"The Redskins are a bunch of bitches, glad I'm with a real team now. No sheisters in Seattle either, they don't lie to your face, just straight honesty from the start. Fuck DC. Have fun being mediocre losers. QD47 out"
Old 04-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #99
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Let's change the subject from assholes who don't wear the uni anymore to a guy who did more in 3 1/2 seasons than Dunbar will ever do.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-breakout-game

Today would've been Sean Taylor's 37th birthday. Happy birthday meast. RIP.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #100
SunnySide
Playmaker

Heard on the radio this morning from teh skins beat reporter for the richmond dispatch..

VA has more season ticket holders than MD

Training Camp will be held at the same location as the new stadium, as an added bene to the teams sales pitch to MD, DC and VA localities.

Springfield mall area -- where he thinks it will ultimately be. Thinks everyone wants RFK but its just not possible. As a Marylander, it looks kinda deep into VA, that commute for Montgomery and Frederick County will be brutal .. 495 to 95 then down 95.

Plus VA cops and troopers are the fucking worst when it comes to pulling people over. If you go something like 16 mph over the speed limit, you get a ticket for reckless driving, have to hire one of their "local" attorneys, pay a fine, go to driving school .... they use tickets as fixed income for their budgets.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7781...1702468,15.25z
Old 04-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #101
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Sunny, I live just south of Springfield on 95.

My conclusion is that if the stadium is going to be in Springfield, the best bet is the site of the current GSA warehouse just south of Springfield Mall. Definitely not far down 95, and within walking distance of Franconia-Springfield metro. It's right off the Beltway in the same way Fedex is.

Secondly, you know I agree with you on plenty, including how much cops and troopers love to write tickets around here (I just passed a speed trap at 4:45 this morning on Route 1, luckily he sits in the same spot every time so I know better than to speed there). But you do not get a ticket for reckless for going 16 over. My last ticket (admittedly in 2010) was for going 56 in a 35, and the Fairfax County officer told me he could charge me for reckless since it was 20 over but since it was next to Five Guys HQ in Lorton (not a developed area) he just charged me for ordinary speeding. I still speed every day but I've been able to avoid speeding tickets for 10 years now by just going with the flow of traffic. If they're doing 70-80, so am I. Doing 60, so am I.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #102
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Sunny, I live just south of Springfield on 95.

My conclusion is that if the stadium is going to be in Springfield, the best bet is the site of the current GSA warehouse just south of Springfield Mall. Definitely not far down 95, and within walking distance of Franconia-Springfield metro. It's right off the Beltway in the same way Fedex is.

Secondly, you know I agree with you on plenty, including how much cops and troopers love to write tickets around here (I just passed a speed trap at 4:45 this morning on Route 1, luckily he sits in the same spot every time so I know better than to speed there). But you do not get a ticket for reckless for going 16 over. My last ticket (admittedly in 2010) was for going 56 in a 35, and the Fairfax County officer told me he could charge me for reckless since it was 20 over but since it was next to Five Guys HQ in Lorton (not a developed area) he just charged me for ordinary speeding. I still speed every day but I've been able to avoid speeding tickets for 10 years now by just going with the flow of traffic. If they're doing 70-80, so am I. Doing 60, so am I.
1. Im sure Ive driven by that area on 95 a million times but dont remember it. A google view shows lots of bars, restaurants, etc and the metro right there.

from the time of crossing American Legion bridge to springfield, how long do you think it would be drive wise?

2. my girlfriend apparently was doing 86 in a 70, and she was told everything over 80 is reckless. she had to hire a local attorney ($250), pay a fine and court costs of close to $300, driving school was $60 for a day seminar.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #103
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. Im sure Ive driven by that area on 95 a million times but dont remember it. A google view shows lots of bars, restaurants, etc and the metro right there.

from the time of crossing American Legion bridge to springfield, how long do you think it would be drive wise?

2. my girlfriend apparently was doing 86 in a 70, and she was told everything over 80 is reckless. she had to hire a local attorney ($250), pay a fine and court costs of close to $300, driving school was $60 for a day seminar.

Three days.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #104
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Heard on the radio this morning from teh skins beat reporter for the richmond dispatch..

VA has more season ticket holders than MD

Training Camp will be held at the same location as the new stadium, as an added bene to the teams sales pitch to MD, DC and VA localities.

Springfield mall area -- where he thinks it will ultimately be. Thinks everyone wants RFK but its just not possible. As a Marylander, it looks kinda deep into VA, that commute for Montgomery and Frederick County will be brutal .. 495 to 95 then down 95.

Plus VA cops and troopers are the fucking worst when it comes to pulling people over. If you go something like 16 mph over the speed limit, you get a ticket for reckless driving, have to hire one of their "local" attorneys, pay a fine, go to driving school .... they use tickets as fixed income for their budgets.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7781...1702468,15.25z
My girlfriend lives just a couple miles from the Springfield Mall, if they put a new stadium in that area it would be a traffic nightmare getting in and out. That area is jammed up enough as it is.

You are right about the police here, 11 over can get you reckless in a 70. They also write tickets for chicken crap stuff other cops won't. I got an expired inspection sticker ticket from a county sheriff. I was trying to find myself on the court docket so I could pay it ASAP and forget about it. I decided to start counting up all the cases by officers names, it was easy to estimate many of them were writing 20-30 tickets a day. They were also throwing the book at people. There were a lot of tickets with 4-5 infractions on them. I knew plenty of cops from many generations back when I was in Cali, common practice depending on the perp's attitude was to just write for the most serious offense and knock it down a notch. Not the guys here, I saw one guy got reckless for 81 in a 70, plus expired inspection sticker, with cracked windshield and improperly installed child seat.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #105
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
My girlfriend lives just a couple miles from the Springfield Mall, if they put a new stadium in that area it would be a traffic nightmare getting in and out. That area is jammed up enough as it is.
Metro - im guessing more than 50% of the fans will take it vs driving. You lose that tailgate atmosphere though.

But anything is better than the current fed Ex.

Caps and Nats games are all metro fans and, while its not 70K fans, the metro to caps and nats games have always been easy and quick for me.

VA - surprisingly, one of the few states that gave me a break criminal charge wise .. twice!