Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

lol the bullshit stories floating around yesterday...paying refs, Epstein, sex parties, etc

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #62
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is correct...there is no direct allegations involving Snyder so no way he is forced to sell and I don’t think he should be. It’s just another feather in the cap of pure incompetence and a terrible culture.
I disagree on this point. Dan Snyder is responsible for the toxic culture in his company. Personally, I am shocked that he didn't even have a legitimate HR executive in a company of over 200 people for twenty tears. Much less a professional HR staff. That shows he doesn't give a damn about the "little people" who work for him, so he left them unprotected from workplace abuse. Also, Snyder has "lawyered up" so the worst of the abuses probably have yet to surface.

The one thing Snyder does efficiently is fire people. The entire organization was intimidated by his temper. That is why people were afraid to bring incidents forward and executives didn't want to know about it. Plus, they had no real HR Department with any power to help them if they wanted to report the incidents.

One way to solve this mess is for the NFL Commissioner to step up and lead, for once in his life. He needs to call Snyder and tell him point blank "You are an embarrassment to the league. I want you out as an NFL owner and I'm going to make it happen". Then, he should make it happen. There are many ways to get it done.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #63
MTK
\m/

Snyder just continues to be a major fucking embarrassment. God I hope the other owners take this as an opportunity to get him out.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

Opinion: Daniel Snyder is no longer just a headache for the NFL, he's become a liability
Old 07-17-2020, 08:16 AM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Large Company, How many employees do you think the Skins have (full time/year round)?
According to the story, 220+.

My dept. has about 300-350. I honestly feel at companies/workplaces this size you're practically guaranteed to have some employees harassing others. It's a shame it's become so common now that the story barely elicits a reaction, but really after the cheerleader scandal broke who is surprised by these allegations? I'd really be surprised if it wasn't common around the NFL.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I mean I was in the Army for 6 years, there was always jokes and stuff from both men and women but never touching anyone unwillingly. The Rihana Walker story is a shame and she didn't deserve that, nor did the others. If you are just brushing this off as "Oh well it's just guys being guys" That's a huge fucking problem
Old 07-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I mean I was in the Army for 6 years, there was always jokes and stuff from both men and women but never touching anyone unwillingly. The Rihana Walker story is a shame and she didn't deserve that, nor did the others. If you are just brushing this off as "Oh well it's just guys being guys" That's a huge fucking problem
It's not brushing it off, it's acknowledging the problem and unfortunately how common it is. Nobody should have to tolerate that shit just to keep their job. But going to HR can be a bad move too, they are always looking out for the company's interest. It's why the Redskins have needed an HR overhaul for years now.

Also you're kidding yourself if you think things never crossed the line in the Army, or any other branch of the military. Sexual harassment and assault is as common over there as it is anywhere else.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

My dept. has about 300-350. I honestly feel at companies/workplaces this size you're practically guaranteed to have some employees harassing others. It's a shame it's become so common now that the story barely elicits a reaction, but really after the cheerleader scandal broke who is surprised by these allegations? I'd really be surprised if it wasn't common around the NFL.
What may surprise you with my experience in the “corporate culture” and I work in a extremely diverse one...when it comes to escalating issues, I’d say harassers/inappropriate events...more women (I’d say 60-40 split) as the culprit than men, BUT when an event happens and it’s a man and specially man vs woman...harsher outcomes for sure do to optics.

The things that I always think is interesting is relationships in the office. It seems some are passed over as that fine...other frowned upon.

He Gets Us
Old 07-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not brushing it off, it's acknowledging the problem and unfortunately how common it is. Nobody should have to tolerate that shit just to keep their job. But going to HR can be a bad move too, they are always looking out for the company's interest. It's why the Redskins have needed an HR overhaul for years now.

Also you're kidding yourself if you think things never crossed the line in the Army, or any other branch of the military. Sexual harassment and assault is as common over there as it is anywhere else.
Oh they def have, hell I'm no saint myself. I've flirted with girls in the past but once I knew they were done with the jokes I was done. The military is a big problem too, females get harassed far too much, I was just speaking in my own experiences, we even had a SHARP (Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention) class monthly because it's so bad
Old 07-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lol the bullshit stories floating around yesterday...paying refs, Epstein, sex parties, etc
That's what happens when you toss some chum in the water like a lot of media members were doing with their bullshit cryptic tweets
Old 07-17-2020, 08:33 AM   #71
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #72
JackLord
Special Teams

Time to face reality, yet again. As long as Snyder is there, we are doomed. A new name and a new stadium will solve squat. You are just relabeling a problem and moving it to a new location.

Snyder is a jackass. I don't believe that crap about him growing up a fan. Oh sure, he had a peripheral interest as the Skins were front and center culture wise when we grew up (he is slightly older than I). But I doubt he could discern between Sonny and Billy.

And I am very hesitant to attribute success to luck. But I cannot believe anything else explains Danny's success. I think he got lucky in his early days. Were he so smart, a quarter century would be more than enough to learn the biggest issue is you.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #73
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Oh they def have, hell I'm no saint myself. I've flirted with girls in the past but once I knew they were done with the jokes I was done. The military is a big problem too, females get harassed far too much, I was just speaking in my own experiences, we even had a SHARP (Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention) class monthly because it's so bad
SHARP is not a monthly requirement.

https://www.sexualassault.army.mil/a...refresher.aspx
Old 07-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dan needs to hire Toby away from Dunder Mifflin

He Gets Us
Old 07-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

If Rivera knew what he was stepping into here, man, god bless him. If he didn't know, I feel for him. He's taking on a giant task here. If he can't save us we are truly doomed.