Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2019, 09:27 AM   #121
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
It’s a no brainer for Snyder, he knows the fans hate Allen, attendance and ticket sales are down in the toilet. Snyder knows he needs to do something, he has too.
Also, I'm sure the "sell the team" chant hurt Snyder's feelings..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #122
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I think the bigger factor maybe every big name coach he has approached has said "hell no, not while Bruce is in charge"
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #123
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Good. More than anything he had to have been embarrassed that his fan base is talking directly to the person who refuses to talk to them. He got hit in the nuts. He couldn't hide from that chant. He couldn't hide behind his cronies.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #124
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm not encouraged by the rumors about Bruce Allen's possible firing Because I know that Dan Snyder is capable of screwing up any and everything relating to football operations. Here is the kind of Snyder numbskull thinking I expect to manifest itself at the end of the season:

- Snyder will inform Bruce Allen that once a new head of football operations is in place Bruce will be moved to role that doesn't involve football decisions. BUT first he has some things he needs Bruce to do while he's still making football decisions.

- First, Bruce and Dan need to decide which assistant coaches to keep and which ones to let go.

- Then, Bruce needs to prepare to run the draft. But Bruce needn't concern himself with the Redskins First Round pick because Dan plans to trade that and Terry McLaurin to Pittsburgh for Coach Mike Tomlin.

- After Coach/GM Tomlin is on board, Bruce can move on to his new role and begin planning his campaign to undermine Tomlin.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #125
harriet33
Camp Scrub

Multiple league sources have pointed to former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and former Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels as possible candidates there. Jags ownership has long studied New England's success; Pioli and McDaniels have deep Patriots roots, and ownership has been impressed by their work in the past, sources said -- with increasing chatter about them in NFL circles in recent weeks.
harriet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #126
OldRiggoFan
Camp Scrub

I think there might be some truth to the rumors, because keeping Bruce around is probably hurting the bottom line. But, of course, this could backfire (like so many other off-the-field moves my Snyder)...what if Danny ends up as the de facto GM again (or more so than already). We could see Redskins 1 flying all over the country again chasing big-money free agents. Just because Bruce Allen isn't around, that doesn't mean our beloved owner will be any more responsible with the team.
OldRiggoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #127
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'm not encouraged by the rumors about Bruce Allen's possible firing Because I know that Dan Snyder is capable of screwing up any and everything relating to football operations. Here is the kind of Snyder numbskull thinking I expect to manifest itself at the end of the season:

- Snyder will inform Bruce Allen that once a new head of football operations is in place Bruce will be moved to role that doesn't involve football decisions. BUT first he has some things he needs Bruce to do while he's still making football decisions.

- First, Bruce and Dan need to decide which assistant coaches to keep and which ones to let go.

- Then, Bruce needs to prepare to run the draft. But Bruce needn't concern himself with the Redskins First Round pick because Dan plans to trade that and Terry McLaurin to Pittsburgh for Coach Mike Tomlin.

- After Coach/GM Tomlin is on board, Bruce can move on to his new role and begin planning his campaign to undermine Tomlin.
Pretty much how it will go down. Does anyone really trust that Snyder will actually do the right thing? The right thing would be to fire Bruce right now so he can get an early start on a GM. That way the GM can start looking at the roster while actually playing games. He can decide what front office personnel he'll keep and so forth. So in my book Snyder already isn't going about things the right way. All he's doing right now is putting some shit out to his cronies who then go to their media contacts so he can appease the fans.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #128
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiggoFan View Post
I think there might be some truth to the rumors, because keeping Bruce around is probably hurting the bottom line. But, of course, this could backfire (like so many other off-the-field moves my Snyder)...what if Danny ends up as the de facto GM again (or more so than already). We could see Redskins 1 flying all over the country again chasing big-money free agents. Just because Bruce Allen isn't around, that doesn't mean our beloved owner will be any more responsible with the team.
Snyder is already wealthy behind means. He's made so much money over the last 20 years. I'm not really sure he cares about the bottom line.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #129
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Pretty much how it will go down. Does anyone really trust that Snyder will actually do the right thing? The right thing would be to fire Bruce right now so he can get an early start on a GM. That way the GM can start looking at the roster while actually playing games. He can decide what front office personnel he'll keep and so forth. So in my book Snyder already isn't going about things the right way. All he's doing right now is putting some shit out to his cronies who then go to their media contacts so he can appease the fans.
If Snyder is going to fire BA it will be around the 17th like Cerrato's firing. And that is the right time frame. If sooner that is ok but not critical because any good gm candidates are still working there current team until the teams playoff run is determined

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #130
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Sadly i believe winning today may have help Bruce stay here. They've won two in a row now. All the other NFC East teams have lost their games two weeks in a row, and the skins are winning.

Regardless of whether we finish 3-13, or 5-11, or even if they somehow run the tables now and finish 7-9, Bruce has the perfect explanation already prepared as to why he should stay.

He can point out that Jay went 0-5, and was also playing a quarterback that Dan & Bruce didn't want. By the time they made the coaching change, Bruce can say that Jay already had them in a hole that they could not overcome. He will bring up the continued development of Haskins. It may be enough to convince Dan to keep him (Bruce) here a little while longer.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #131
MTK
\m/

I don’t think a couple of wins makes it all better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #132
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don’t think a couple of wins makes it all better.

I agree with the exception that if the Skins somehow won out, it very likely would make a difference about the Front Office.

A blow out by the Packers next week might be enough to get BA out.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #133
MTK
\m/

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree with the exception that if the Skins somehow won out, it very likely would make a difference about the Front Office.

A blow out by the Packers next week might be enough to get BA out.

If this team somehow wins out a different discussion is definitely warranted, but Bruce still needs to go

Old 12-01-2019, 11:44 PM   #134
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

I will believe it when I see it regarding Allen being out. If Snyder did it and hired a real NFL gm, that would be the start of turning this franchise around.
WCommandersfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:12 AM   #135
calia
Playmaker

The Packers are a better team but not unbeatable. Their stats were on par with the Giants today, with the major exception of three turnovers. Still, Haskins will likely need to throw for more yards to win - you cannot assume 250 rushing yards each week and his < 50% completion percentage and missed deep balls will only go so far. The Packers should be heavily favored.

But Matty is dead on - Allen needs to go no matter what - even if they win out and Dallas and the Eagles implode (further) and we look like the rising team by comparison.