Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Packers Pre Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Packers Pre Game Thread

I am not a fan of BA, but if the Skins were to shock GB, who is in the thick of the playoff hunt, there would have to be some credibility to his "we are close" claim.

I truly believe Gruden had checked out before the season and the team with him. Had DS cleaned house last offseason the team would have been vastly better off!

As for the game, ARodgers win this by shredding Manusky's D and Guice/AP have combined 160 yds.

36-28 GB wins

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Green Bay gets out to a hot start and unlike Carolina, finishes the job.

31-13 GB.

I also agree, if we win this game Dan seriously starts drinking the "we're close" koolaid.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I felt Manusky had his best game this year. Big difference in the QB's from last week to this week.

It baffles me that there are still terrible breakdowns in the secondary at this point of the season. Had Allen made a simple easy read last weeks game could have gone into OT. What is it with these guys and communicating?

A moral victory is important. I want a competitive game where these young guys are playing well. DH needs more improvement, get #17 more involved, Guice gets 20 carries. Get #15 the ball in space, keep the pass rush coming.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I felt Manusky had his best game this year. Big difference in the QB's from last week to this week.

It baffles me that there are still terrible breakdowns in the secondary at this point of the season. Had Allen made a simple easy read last weeks game could have gone into OT. What is it with these guys and communicating?

A moral victory is important. I want a competitive game where these young guys are playing well. DH needs more improvement, get #17 more involved, Guice gets 20 carries. Get #15 the ball in space, keep the pass rush coming.
Manusky had his best game up until the last two drives.

Is there any evidence on any team film from any era where the prevent defense actually ended a last minute desperation drive? He should've abandoned that shit after the td.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
"We are close" narrative becomes louder if we shock the world

Danny and Bruce will be popping champagne with a win FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #21
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am not a fan of BA, but if the Skins were to shock GB, who is in the thick of the playoff hunt, there would have to be some credibility to his "we are close" claim.

I truly believe Gruden had checked out before the season and the team with him. Had DS cleaned house last offseason the team would have been vastly better off!

As for the game, ARodgers win this by shredding Manusky's D and Guice/AP have combined 160 yds.

36-28 GB wins

Strongly disagree on that.

This FO and coaching staff have had way too many opportunities to be effective, Manusky has proven again and again he just CAN'T properly coach nor call a defense, Callahan is not a good motivator and is not the future, and we won't attract anyone decent to work under BA's orders.

I don't care if they beat the Packers by 14. In fact i'd take it as another proof that they need to go: the roster is good enough to compete but we won't SUSTAIN any success with them running the show.

But if they do you know how they're gonna spin it like dysfunction was all Jay's fault and it simply took them a couple of games to get it right...
Old 12-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #22
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Is there any evidence on any team film from any era where the prevent defense actually ended a last minute desperation drive? He should've abandoned that shit after the td.
This. He can't coach properly for a full game. Let alone a full season.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #23
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:

When the QB is Kirk Cousins it seems to work quite well!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Strongly disagree on that.

This FO and coaching staff have had way too many opportunities to be effective, Manusky has proven again and again he just CAN'T properly coach nor call a defense, Callahan is not a good motivator and is not the future, and we won't attract anyone decent to work under BA's orders.

I don't care if they beat the Packers by 14. In fact i'd take it as another proof that they need to go: the roster is good enough to compete but we won't SUSTAIN any success with them running the show.

But if they do you know how they're gonna spin it like dysfunction was all Jay's fault and it simply took them a couple of games to get it right...
I think the coaching staff is gone, certainly Manusky. By being close, i was solely referring to player talent.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think the coaching staff is gone, certainly Manusky. By being close, i was solely referring to player talent.

Oh then I completely agree. Roster talent is quite exciting IMO. Just don't want the FO to be able to use it to their advantage.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we beat Green Bay, expect to see and hear from Bruce Allen, he will want his credit for making it happen.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #27
SunnySide
Playmaker

I think we got lucky with the Panthers O line being horrible at pass pro and their D line being injured. I dont see us getting pressure on 4 or 5 man rushes ... but who knows, honestly i have zero clue on how good or healthy the packers O line is.

I think A-Aron has a field day with our LBs trying to drop back into coverage and they basically just exploit/dictate matchups on our LBs and target it every single time. I think Moreland/Moreau will be picked on heavily as well.

I wonder what they do when Collins drops down into the box. I think teams have to start accounting for that now when he drops down. If you have a screen or something, I think you need to check out of it now.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:48 AM   #28
Indian-brave
Special Teams

Quote:
Green Bay gets out to a hot start and unlike Carolina, finishes the job.

31-13 GB.

I also agree, if we win this game Dan seriously starts drinking the "we're close" koolaid.
GB will choke, like they did vs Chargers. score might be close, who cares? Redskins are winning.
this one's easy. Since theyve won 2 weeks in a row, it means they are winning out. I was absolutely correct. I know the nfl likes to make thinks fantastic.. but this is ridiculous. People will obviously still fall for it
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #29
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

I agree but its not like the Redskins are the only team to use prevent.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

IMO that last TD by Allen shows that the NFL needs to change the rules about protecting QBs. Payne had gotten a crappy penalty for hitting Allen while he was sliding, and during that TD clearly players hesitated because of that.

I think QBs should be protected within the first 5 yards, after that, they should be fair game IMO.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote