Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

I hate to give clicks to a sheisty site like TMZ but there's another picture or two in there for anyone interested.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/27/alex-...gton-redskins/

Absolutely brutal.

But also amazing considering we're not even 2 years from the injury and there's months-old video of him dropping back and taking reps on the football field. Even if he never gets any further than that it's still an amazing accomplishment by itself.

A teaser video from ESPN with Alex talking about it.

https://twitter.com/E60/status/12551...on-redskins%2F

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #47
jamf
Pro Bowl

Yikes... That is brutal.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #48
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Yikes.

Is that real? Part of his quad, to fix his shin?? That looks (and sounds) made up.

But if so, there's no WAY he can play NFL football.

What are the cap ramifications with his salary? We're sitting pretty at around $35 million now ...
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #49
skinsfan69
Living Legend

His leg looks like he was in Iraq and stepped on a bomb.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:51 AM   #50
Warthog
The Starter

Alex Smith has shown amazing true grit just trying to come back to where he was at before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
His leg looks like he was in Iraq and stepped on a bomb.

He’s been working with doctors that specialize in combat injuries

Old 04-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #52
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

Not clicking on those picts.

Name him the week one starter. Time to shit or get off the pot. Either the docs won't clear him to play (and insurance will pay out), or he will decide to retire. This never-ending cap hit suckle is ridiculous.

Looking forward to the show.
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #53
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Poor Alex, got to hand it to him, he’s one badass persevering person. He’ll never play again and for having gone through what he has, he deserves every penny and It’s still not enough as his leg will never be the same.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #54
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post

Name him the week one starter. Time to shit or get off the pot. Either the docs won't clear him to play (and insurance will pay out), or he will decide to retire. This never-ending cap hit suckle is ridiculous.

Alex is persistent and courageous. But his wife and family will not let him risk his life to play again. He gets paid FOR DOING NOTHING, due to Bruce Allen’s generous
“ guaranteed money “ part of his contract.

Many here doubt Dwayne Haskins. But I think Haskins can beat Alex Smith in a straight up contest as quarterback. Smith was briefly successful here playing a dink and dunk, no mistakes brand of football. But if the Redskins got behind, he couldn’t or wouldn’t take the chances to bring them back. And right about when he was hurt, other teams were starting to figure out how to beat his unusual brand of football. He may have got us 6 wins that season, but even if he wasn’t hurt, he wasn’t going to win many more.

Haskins was just starting to come into his own, last season, when HE was hurt. But if he plays that way this year, no one can beat him. Not even his mentor, Alex Smith. Whether he comes back physically or not, Alex Smith will continue to help Haskins as his mentor and instructor. He’s the reason Dwayne improved so much as the season went on. Alex will collect his $21 mill, thanks to Bruce, and then next season decide if he wants to become an NFL executive. Dan Snyder would love to have him on the team, in some desk job, if he wants that.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So what is the most likely thing to happen with Alex Smith contract? Alex is never playing again first off.

I would think post June 1st, Alex Smith would be ruled out for season and then would retire do to injury. Then we would apply the approximately 10 million insurance policy on the 21 million dead cap hit for this year? And I think next year (2021) we have another 10 Million in dead cap hit again...And that’s it I believe

Something like this ?

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-01-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:21 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Alex is persistent and courageous. But his wife and family will not let him risk his life to play again. He gets paid FOR DOING NOTHING, due to Bruce Allen’s generous

Many here doubt Dwayne Haskins. But I think Haskins can beat Alex Smith in a straight up contest as quarterback. Smith was briefly successful here playing a dink and dunk, no mistakes brand of football. But if the Redskins got behind, he couldn’t or wouldn’t take the chances to bring them back. And right about when he was hurt, other teams were starting to figure out how to beat his unusual brand of football. He may have got us 6 wins that season, but even if he wasn’t hurt, he wasn’t going to win many more.

Haskins was just starting to come into his own, last season, when HE was hurt. But if he plays that way this year, no one can beat him. Not even his mentor, Alex Smith. Whether he comes back physically or not, Alex Smith will continue to help Haskins as his mentor and instructor. He’s the reason Dwayne improved so much as the season went on. Alex will collect his $21 mill, thanks to Bruce, and then next season decide if he wants to become an NFL executive. Dan Snyder would love to have him on the team, in some desk job, if he wants that.

Seeing what he's gone through he deserves every penny he's been paid
Old 05-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #57
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post

Gangsta.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #58
EdmundDorf
The Starter

According to OTC, who are generally very good, if we cut him post June 1st we would not take any further hit to this years cap and would save an extra $19m next year, doesn't sound quite right but as I said OTC is a generally very accurate site, any thoughts Schneed10?
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:19 PM   #59
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

Me and my best friend talk about that 2018 season often. Alex Smith reminded us both a lot of Mark Brunell in 2006, dink and dunking his way down the field, not taking any big chances, but generally playing mistake-free football.

I said many times that despite being 6-3, we were the "worst" 6-3 team in the NFL that season due to having basically no offense.....We were starting to be figured out. Alex would have won a few more games if he had not gotten hurt, but i think we would have been around 8-8 or 9-7. Not great, but respectable. We weren't going deep in the playoffs, IMO.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Was not a fan of Bruce extending Smith. But to say he isn't doing anything is ridiculous. The guy almost LOST HIS LEG. Then get a septic infection and almost DIED. Every single dime that is coming to him is WELL DESERVED.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote