Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

I'm still in shock from just how bad Sunday's game was. Any optimism I had before the Rams game is pretty much gone, as is a lot of my trust in Ron. That being said, we're going to see just what they have in the tank...the Giants are not a good team on either side of the ball, like us. So do they give us any optimism going forward? Will the defense show up or will Daniel Jones be Danny Dimes? Will the offense score any points? Will they actually throw the ball down the field more than once a game? Ron supposedly made the QB change to try and win games...so this is the stretch where they supposedly could win some...let's see what they got.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If it's a nice day I may go golfing. I just can't watch the Redskins or WTF or whatever the hell you call them. They're not worth my time anymore. Ron sucks, the offense is unwatchable, the defense can't tackle, can't rush and can't cover. The best player is the punter. This team is almost dead to me. I miss that run the Nats were on last year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If it's a nice day I may go golfing. I just can't watch the Redskins or WTF or whatever the hell you call them. They're not worth my time anymore. Ron sucks, the offense is unwatchable, the defense can't tackle, can't rush and can't cover. The best player is the punter. This team is almost dead to me. I miss that run the Nats were on last year.

Yeah i used to count down all summer until week one, and basically plan my Sunday around the games. I honestly would have no idea who they are even playing or when anymore if not for this site. Maybe one day they will field a competitive team and earn back my interest but Im not holding my breath. I think i am going to hit the links myself!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah i used to count down all summer until week one, and basically plan my Sunday around the games. I honestly would have no idea who they are even playing or when anymore if not for this site. Maybe one day they will field a competitive team and earn back my interest but Im not holding my breath. I think i am going to hit the links myself!
Yeah it's hard to really give a shit when you know the team will lose
Old 10-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
jamf
Pro Bowl

I'm watching so I can see how bad this team really is.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Smith is a great comeback story no doubt but it's clear he should have been pulled from that game.

Sloppy field, Allen was cleared, Rams pass rush was ferocious, I really don't get what Ron was thinking there at all.

I don't even think he should be active, bring up Montez from the PS and make him the backup.

I also think it's ridiculous Dwayne wasn't made the backup. He would have given us a fighting chance.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #7
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Smith is a great comeback story no doubt but it's clear he should have been pulled from that game.

Sloppy field, Allen was cleared, Rams pass rush was ferocious, I really don't get what Ron was thinking there at all.

I don't even think he should be active, bring up Montez from the PS and make him the backup.

I also think it's ridiculous Dwayne wasn't made the backup. He would have given us a fighting chance.
This. This is what has me really questioning what the hell Ron is doing.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:06 AM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Let's stop babying Alex Smith already. He's cleared to play, and he's the most experienced QB on the roster. Of course he's the backup at this point.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 AM   #9
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Let's stop babying Alex Smith already. He's cleared to play, and he's the most experienced QB on the roster. Of course he's the backup at this point.
I have no idea why Alex Smith is on an NFL team. He should not be playing NFL football after his injury. He isn't mobile enough to protect himself so he should retire. Hopefully, his retirement won't come about due to his being seriously injured again.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I have no idea why Alex Smith is on an NFL team. He should not be playing NFL football after his injury. He isn't mobile enough to protect himself so he should retire. Hopefully, his retirement won't come about due to his being seriously injured again.

Well wait a minute. How many quarterbacks are not mobile? From everything I hear Smiths leg is as good as any other leg or at least his old leg lol. He has been out for quite some time. I think he just needs to get back up to speed. I realize he is 38 but if given the reps im sure he could be an extremely serviceable backup and probably start for a couple years or so.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Exactly. So again we are blowing the QB position on how to handle “the move on” situation. Instead of trying to move him for maximum value, we have leaked stories to destroy his character and we will get nothing.

Bruce is gone, yet we are doing the samething organization-wise.

So fucking stupid

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #12
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Exactly. So again we are blowing the QB position on how to handle “the move on” situation. Instead of trying to move him for maximum value, we have leaked stories to destroy his character and we will get nothing.

Bruce is gone, yet we are doing the samething organization-wise.

So fucking stupid
As my post above says I also think DH should be the backup. The only reason I can think that he wont be is because RR sees him as a potential locker room cancer that if allowed to return to the locker room will make a bad situation even worse.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:03 AM   #13
Burgold
Special Teams

Giants 27-WFT 17 oh I'm gonna be watching every snap oh and that Jones kid in New York is starting to get confidence, them dropping 34 on the Boyz was no accident I think the kid in the long run will be better than Eli while we on the other hand have nothing at QB....we could activate Joe T with Sonny at backup and be better off.. this season is a wash!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #14
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Giants 27-WFT 17 oh I'm gonna be watching every snap oh and that Jones kid in New York is starting to get confidence, them dropping 34 on the Boyz was no accident I think the kid in the long run will be better than Eli while we on the other hand have nothing at QB....we could activate Joe T with Sonny at backup and be better off.. this season is a wash!!
There are those on this forum that would not trade Haskins for Jones ... just saying
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

I'm going WFT 20 Giants 17 because why the F not? Crazier things happen every week.