Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

3/18 @4pm NFL Free Agency & Trading Period

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #61
mredskins
MVP

Re: 3/18 @4pm NFL Free Agency & Trading Period

I really don't care what Brady does I just hate seeing legends in different uniforms at the end.

Monk in a Jets uniform sucked and Montana in a KC uniform sucked.

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Profootball Focus rated Carolina's CB Bradberry the biggest possible mistake in the secondary free agency class.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Profootball Focus rated Carolina's CB Bradberry the biggest possible mistake in the secondary free agency class.
He's not that good...
Old 02-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Chicago Sun-Times' Jason Lieser reports the Bears are planning to pursue impending free agent Austin Hooper.

26 in November and fresh off career-highs in catches (75), receiving yards (787), and touchdowns (6), Hooper's expected to garner anywhere from $10-$12 million annually on the open market — an amount Chicago may not be able to fork over with roughly $26 million in projected cap space to work with. Still, the interest is obviously there after the Bears saw Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen sit out a combined 15 games together due to injuries last year. General Manager Ryan Pace was also notably high on Hooper out of Stanford, regrettably selecting DL Jonathan Bullard (who the team cut last summer) only nine picks prior to the Falcons calling the tight end's name in 2016.

2nd time Ive heard the Bears connected to Hooper.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm sure a few teams will be after him, he's young and a good TE. We need to have a backup plan
Old 02-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #66
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Why not both?

Also you realize he's a trophy husband right, Gisele's career earnings make his look pedestrian.
Haven't you noticed that many people, no matter how fabulously wealthy they may be, just can't have enough money to satisfy them? That's how the super rich keep score. Magazines like Forbes even post the scores annually.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:01 PM   #67
Meks
Pro Bowl

Brady and Bellicheck are just trolling everyone.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #68
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm sure a few teams will be after him, he's young and a good TE. We need to have a backup plan
I'm sure we have or will have multiple scenarios in mind. The one thing we do know is that this offense must have competent TE play to function as designed.

Personally, I think that Ebron could help us just as much as Hooper could. Ebron has certainly scored a lot more TD's than Hooper.

Also, I'm not afraid of a trade for Hurst because I know for a fact that many people who were deeply depressed enough to attempt suicide can and do get better with the help of medicine and therapy. Also, Hurst is very talented, has been improving on the field, and I think all he needs is more opportunities to shine.

I think we'll also add a talented rookie TE via the draft.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:38 PM   #69
MTK
\m/

I'm a little lukewarm on Ebron. He would be my plan D.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Haven't you noticed that many people, no matter how fabulously wealthy they may be, just can't have enough money to satisfy them? That's how the super rich keep score. Magazines like Forbes even post the scores annually.
I'm just disputing your "it's all about the money" angle.

Why can't it be about both the money and proving you can still be the GOAT without Belichick's help?
Old 02-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

So 20 years in and all of a sudden Brady is only about the money? Don't buy it. He's made about $235M in the NFL, he's hardly scrapping for a pay check.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #72
SunnySide
Playmaker

With a grade of just 50.6 in 2016, Detroit TE Eric Ebron ranked 49th in the NFL among tight ends.
Ebron improved as a receiver in 2016 (72.3 receiving grade) but was graded as the worst run-blocking TE in the NFL (29.6 run-blocking grade)
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-eric-...ion-in-detroit

Eric Ebron arrived in Indianapolis in 2018 and had an outstanding season, scoring 14 touchdowns and looking like one of the best tight ends in football. In 2019, things didn’t go as well, and in 2020, Ebron will be elsewhere.

When asked about Ebron today, Colts General Manager Chris Ballard said, “We’ll probably move on,” and then quickly moved on to the next question. Ballard’s curt tone made clear that he’s done with Ebron and doesn’t even want to talk about him anymore.

Ebron was less productive in Year Two in Indianapolis than he had been in Year One, and then he surprised the Colts by telling them in November that he couldn’t bear the pain in his ankle anymore and needed to shut it down for the season. Ebron, who becomes a free agent in March, appeared to be making a business decision.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ic-ebron-back/

Part of Reich's vision was to have Ebron do what he does best. That means playing maybe half the snaps, with an emphasis on third downs and the red zone. The Colts don't need Ebron on the field all the time because they have a Pro Bowl tight end in Jack Doyle, who is a better blocker.

"I don't want [Ebron] to block 30 times a game," Reich says. "I don't think that's his strength. It's hard to have elite athletic ability and run the way he runs and also be an above average blocker. If you put Eric in the run game too many times, that's bad coaching. You will wear him down, take away his energy from the pass game. But I'd like to ask him to block five or seven times a game and know I'm going to get a good effort and know he's going to do his job. He's shown a willingness to do that."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-of-eric-ebron

https://prosportsextra.com/eric-ebro...sign-this-bum/

INDIANAPOLIS -- It was funny at first. The quarterback and the offensive linemen all running around the locker room in their “Run the Damn Ball” hats, as the team's pass-catchers laughed off the halfhearted questions.

Say, where’s your hat, Eric?

"You'll never see that on me,” Ebron said with a grin.

But now Eric Ebron isn’t smiling. At least not as much as he was last year when he led tight ends in touchdowns (14) and hauled in 66 passes for 750 yards on the way to his first Pro Bowl. Now, Ebron is getting frustrated. He wants the Colts to "throw" the damn ball, so he can “catch” the damn ball.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ng/4101645002/

A couple weeks ago, Boldin was on air and shared something about Ebron. After last season, Ebron got in Boldin's face and talked shit to him because Boldin stole all of his redzone targets. Boldin responded that if Ebron were any good, Boldin wouldn't even have been there in the first place.

Here's the link. It starts at around 18:00

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/2...atchup-Podcast
-------------------

I want no part of a TE who doesnt block, missed meetings, didnt take things seriously, has been cut/not wanted by the 2 teams he has been on, demanded the ball and went some public with gripes this year then was targeted 12 times next game only to claim an ankle injury and shut it down this year bc it was a contract year.

Fuck that guy.

he sounds the complete opposite of a RR guy anyway.

Oh, and he talks and apparently bitches and moans a lot to the press and says, "thats just who i am, I speak my mind" .... fuck off man

-----

Good hopeful news .. PFF has him going to the Bears.
https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/...e-agency-2020/
Old 02-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #73
Warthog
The Starter

3/18 @4pm NFL Free Agency & Trading Period

Ebron drops a lot of balls. I’d rather play the draft then spend money on Ebron. Ebron is only looking decent looking right now because the TE FA pool is so shallow.

Just because other teams want Hooper doesn’t mean we can’t get him. We have the sixth highest cap in the NFL. If we want Hooper we have a very good chance of getting him. There’s also Henry out there at the same level as Hooper.

Hooper and Henry are very good TE. We have a really decent chance of getting one of them in FA. I think we’ll draft with our third round pick at TE. Adding Hooper or Henry plus a good TE in the draft will repair the TE hole we have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 02-28-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #74
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Wow, I was wrong. i didnt think Hooper would be free. I knew they were in cap purgatory but their beat writers seems convinced they could make room for him.

Clear hurdle one. Now can we beat out NE and others while also not over paying?
If we getting Hooper we overpaying. Sorry but theres going to be no way around it.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #75
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So 20 years in and all of a sudden Brady is only about the money? Don't buy it. He's made about $235M in the NFL, he's hardly scrapping for a pay check.
He sold the House in Boston and moved to Conn. I am assuming he wants to stay in the area of the North East. Bills don't need him ,nor the Jets or the Giants all have good young QB's that are learning and those teams don't need Brady's price tag .Sorry , I think he is staying and finishing with NE.