NFL Anthem Policy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #91
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol
I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

This single moment of stupidity shouldn't mean a thing, but is sensationalized and given power to by folks whose sole interest is for ratings, clicks, money, and ego. Everyone can see this guy is a moron. But then others take moment to say "this is just how it is." This guy action is somehow a norm....that in some twisted reality most people think like this. They take it and use it to breed a false narrative...that they use to sell and influence. That simply isn't right.

yes, we have some problems in the country...some pockets and even some institutions for sure. I think we are working towards solutions. Im happy about that progress.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-31-2018, 12:21 PM   #92
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dont take it personally that racism is a thing man. Nobody is calling you a racist. I don’t believe you are one. I do believe you are mighty naive if you don’t think there are people who sit around infuriated that other people do not look like them. I know several.
have I ever said it didn't exist? FFS
Old 05-31-2018, 12:24 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
have I ever said it didn't exist? FFS

You said very clearly that you do not sit around infuriated by it. So either u were taking the comments extremely personally or you were making the scenario out to be some sort of farce.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

This single moment of stupidity shouldn't mean a thing, but is sensationalized and given power to by folks whose sole interest is for ratings, clicks, money, and ego. Everyone can see this guy is a moron. But then others take moment to say "this is just how it is." This guy action is somehow a norm....that in some twisted reality most people think like this. They take it and use it to breed a false narrative...that they use to sell and influence. That simply isn't right.

yes, we have some problems in the country...some pockets and even some institutions for sure. I think we are working towards solutions. Im happy about that progress.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?

Please for the love of God stop down playing xenophobia and racism. Any story on any news network is for ratings Chico. Not just the so called liberal media. That is their job. How you process that news or what you do about it is up to you. You choose to call it meaningless and over hyped. I choose to take solace in the fact that that piece of shit ruined his own life in a matter of minutes because it was broadcast for weeks. Good. Maybe others will think before they open their racist pie holes and spread more hate into the world.
Edit: just for the record the lawyer also said he pays all their welfare which is funny because they were literally at work. Also he isn’t “fairly” terrible he is “completely “ terrible. Saying he is “fairly” terrible is very reminiscent of Drumpfs “ bad people on both sides” line.

Last edited by punch it in; 05-31-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #95
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You said very clearly that you do not sit around infuriated by it. So either u were taking the comments extremely personally or you were making the scenario out to be some sort of farce.
what? You seem confused. But yeah any type of made up privilege based on race or ethnicity is a farce. People deal with the same problems all over this country and people can equally rise to the highest office of this country...neither are based any type of privilege but willingness to put that work in...and god bless them if they do.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:48 PM   #96
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
what? You seem confused. But yeah any type of made up privilege based on race or ethnicity is a farce. People deal with the same problems all over this country and people can equally rise to the highest office of this country...neither are based any type of privilege but willingness to put that work in...and god bless them if they do.

Um....i am definitely not the confused one. Anyway I admire your obliviousness. In a way I am actually jealous.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #97
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please for the love of God stop down playing xenophobia and racism. Any story on any news network is for ratings Chico. Not just the so called liberal media. That is their job. How you process that news or what you do about it is up to you. You choose to call it meaningless and over hyped. I choose to take solace in the fact that that piece of shit ruined his own life in a matter of minutes because it was broadcast for weeks. Good. Maybe others will think before they open their racist pie holes and spread more hate into the world.
The best response is the one video, he was laughed at. I think that summed it up.

But yeah man, get on that horse Don Quixote the windmills are everywhere
Old 05-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #98
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The best response is the one video, he was laughed at. I think that summed it up.

But yeah man, get on that horse Don Quixote the windmills are everywhere

Yup and you keep musing at that funny little racism thing. The one you really aren’t sure exists except in tiny little pockets in galaxies far far away.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:04 PM   #99
metalskins
The Starter

I had no idea being held at gun point and my life threatened by a black gang for nothing more than sport was white privilege. Who knew?
Old 05-31-2018, 01:17 PM   #100
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I had no idea being held at gun point and my life threatened by a black gang for nothing more than sport was white privilege. Who knew?

Nobody said all black people were good and all white people were privileged. Nice try though. Oh, and ill let you in on a little secret - people of all colors commit crimes. We are referring to the decent whites, asians, blacks, etc etc. There are assholes that come in every color.
Edit: just for the record I was in a similar situation, but I choose to look at the big picture.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:18 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Whoops
Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #102
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

When I was in 5th grade one of my best friends (i'm white he's black) had a cross burned in his yard. My dad, whom I love was a racist (still is but he has made strides) - didn't kill me when I introduced him to my first love, that was progress, if my older brother had had a black girlfriend we might not have had him as a poster here.

My junior high was named Roger B Taney. I had no idea who he was. It's now named Thurgood Marshall Middle.

My kids have friends of all races and creeds.

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist, but it's also not something that you flip a switch on and it's gone. I believe that the US today has far more equal access to opportunity regardless of skin color or gender then it did even 20 years ago. I also believe that it is moving in the right direction at a good pace.

That doesn't mean that all oppression or inequality has stopped, but I do believe that it represents the minority of the minority of US citizens.

With all that said, if anyone wants to highlight areas the US can improve, that's a good thing, as long as they are willing to work towards that improvement in a respectful and positive manner.

Long winded, but this is my way of agreeing wholeheartedly with BHA's post a while back.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:56 PM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
When I was in 5th grade one of my best friends (i'm white he's black) had a cross burned in his yard. My dad, whom I love was a racist (still is but he has made strides) - didn't kill me when I introduced him to my first love, that was progress, if my older brother had had a black girlfriend we might not have had him as a poster here.

My junior high was named Roger B Taney. I had no idea who he was. It's now named Thurgood Marshall Middle.

My kids have friends of all races and creeds.

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist, but it's also not something that you flip a switch on and it's gone. I believe that the US today has far more equal access to opportunity regardless of skin color or gender then it did even 20 years ago. I also believe that it is moving in the right direction at a good pace.

That doesn't mean that all oppression or inequality has stopped, but I do believe that it represents the minority of the minority of US citizens.

With all that said, if anyone wants to highlight areas the US can improve, that's a good thing, as long as they are willing to work towards that improvement in a respectful and positive manner.

Long winded, but this is my way of agreeing wholeheartedly with BHA's post a while back.

Well said C-Red. I would just add that the minority’s minority still consists of millions and that is way too much. One is way too much.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #104
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

White devil, white devil!!

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM   #105
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

What you call an act of stupidity that shouldn't mean a thing is an act of Hatred and Racism and does mean a thing if you are on the receiving end of it.

Why won't you call him a racist?
Are you racist? Seems like only a racist won't acknowledge racism.
He has a history of doing similar shit. This wasn't a single moment of stupidity.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote