Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2021, 08:55 PM   #271
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 5,618
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

We'll win enough games to not have the very high draft pick we need.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2021, 09:00 PM   #272
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,671
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
We'll win enough games to not have the very high draft pick we need.

I donít see it man. We are horrible
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:03 PM   #273
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 12,369
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I donít see it man. We are horrible
We don't play the Jaguars or Lions. I'm sure we will win a couple more. We will probably win a couple more solely because it's really hard to lose 13 straight.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:20 PM   #274
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,962
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
2-6 for the 2nd straight year. Ron is a bad coach folks
Should have promoted Kyle Smith to GM and hired Kevin OíConnell as HC. Clean house and bring both back.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #275
Ohioskins
Special Teams
 
Ohioskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 253
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

I never understood all of the Huzzah's that were heaped upon Rivera when he was hired and how everybody bought into the myth that he was going to rebuild the franchise the right way. From my perspective he seemed to be a guy who was never really a very good coach and just had a couple of good years when things broke his way in Carolina.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #276
Ohioskins
Special Teams
 
Ohioskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 253
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Turner should be fired now.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:54 PM   #277
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,543
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Turner should be fired now.
The issues I have with his playcalling are all the passes around the LOS. The third down where RSJ dropped the ball - even if he caught he would've been short. The third down to Terry McLaurin where Simmons zoomed in on him like a heat-seeking missile.

But then I think about how much Heinicke limits his playcalling and Turner gets a pass. He has a squad real thin on playmakers and heavy on injured offensive linemen.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:44 AM   #278
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,463
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The issues I have with his playcalling are all the passes around the LOS. The third down where RSJ dropped the ball - even if he caught he would've been short. The third down to Terry McLaurin where Simmons zoomed in on him like a heat-seeking missile.

But then I think about how much Heinicke limits his playcalling and Turner gets a pass. He has a squad real thin on playmakers and heavy on injured offensive linemen.
Agreed, but how on earth do you have a TE/WR on 4th and short run a route short of the 1st down? It's pointless unless the route is guaranteed to get YAC and there's no route in the tree that can guarantee YAC.

And, to a limited extent in Turner's defence, you have a QB that while having a ton of moxxy, has accuracy issues (namely overthrowing the EZ on a short hail mary!), so any plays you have drawn up that rely on precision execution are already handicapped before they are run.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #279
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 741
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Agreed, but how on earth do you have a TE/WR on 4th and short run a route short of the 1st down? It's pointless unless the route is guaranteed to get YAC and there's no route in the tree that can guarantee YAC.
That is the $64m question. Are they running the routes they are being asked to or are they completely clueless as to where the 1st down marker is. Only the coaches and players know. I saw Humphries run a beautiful route, ran 1 yard past the 1st marker then turned right into the flat , pass complete, first down. I know my standards are low, but right now basic game and situational IQ is such a rarity that when you see it , it looks beautiful, why dont all the teams run it like that... oh wait.... they do. Smh
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:53 AM   #280
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,543
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
That is the $64m question. Are they running the routes they are being asked to or are they completely clueless as to where the 1st down marker is. Only the coaches and players know. I saw Humphries run a beautiful route, ran 1 yard past the 1st marker then turned right into the flat , pass complete, first down. I know my standards are low, but right now basic game and situational IQ is such a rarity that when you see it , it looks beautiful, why dont all the teams run it like that... oh wait.... they do. Smh
Yeah it's hard to tell - on that 3rd? 4th? where RSJ was in the flat - did he cut his route short or was it designed for him that way? And then the terrible throw from Taylor Panicke and that play was doomed from the start.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #281
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,876
Re: WFT vs Broncos gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah it's hard to tell - on that 3rd? 4th? where RSJ was in the flat - did he cut his route short or was it designed for him that way? And then the terrible throw from Taylor Panicke and that play was doomed from the start.
In the follow up to the play, the folks calling the game made it seem like the pass needed to happen quicker and that TH hesitated.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.07997 seconds with 10 queries