Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #151
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Pretty much this. Beyond the OL/DL, I'm willing to let anybody walk or be trade pieces if need be.

Appears the fans are fed up with this shit and they should start the FIRE BRUCE stuff much like what got Vinny canned. Time for a clean house. I mean the entire house, including Doug Williams.

https://sports.yahoo.com/redskins-sl...233132629.html

Eric Schaffer is about the ONLY person I would remotely consider keeping.
Why Doug?

What we know about what he has done has been positive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #152
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If the season was to end today, I would part ways with Norman and Reed. Recoup a chunk of that cap space, we will need it since Smith will take like $15-16 of that room. I would offer Iodannis an extension, resign Preston, cut McPhee and Foster.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #153
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Idc if Gregg Williams looks like the Joker as long as he can coach. Which he can.

What does it say about him that its' taken the Browns two weeks to get as many wins as Hue did in 2+ years?

My only concern would be him neglecting the offensive side of the ball. He needs to hire a strong coordinator to run the offense. We see it all too often, an offensive or defensive coordinator gets a shot at a HC gig and can't hire a coordinator for shit (ex. Jay Gruden, defensive coordinator).

Also, I'm totally ready to move on from a 3-4. It's been 10 years that we've had it now and every year our personnel has been garbage.

RN with Foster and Brown we have a really smart guy who's also really slow, and a really athletic guy who's also really dumb. It starts with them.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #154
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Smith needs to walk, he is too inconsistent and hes slow. No thanks on keeping him.

Reed needs to go away too, he's always hurt and all of the sudden drops passes.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #155
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idc if Gregg Williams looks like the Joker as long as he can coach. Which he can.

What does it say about him that its' taken the Browns two weeks to get as many wins as Hue did in 2+ years?

My only concern would be him neglecting the offensive side of the ball. He needs to hire a strong coordinator to run the offense. We see it all too often, an offensive or defensive coordinator gets a shot at a HC gig and can't hire a coordinator for shit (ex. Jay Gruden, defensive coordinator).

Also, I'm totally ready to move on from a 3-4. It's been 10 years that we've had it now and every year our personnel has been garbage.

RN with Foster and Brown we have a really smart guy who's also really slow, and a really athletic guy who's also really dumb. It starts with them.
Who is to say the Browns won't keep him as HC? Have u seen the improvement since HUE left?? They are playing like a playoff team
Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #156
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I wish Dan would make himself more accessible to the media. Every year Steve Bisciotti does a State of the Ravens Press Conference. He makes a statement on what the season was, the strengths and weaknesses of the team, the coaching staff and the FO and what the expectations are for the next year. Then he and Eric DeCosta/Ozzie Newsome answer questions.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #157
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If the season was to end today, I would part ways with Norman and Reed. Recoup a chunk of that cap space, we will need it since Smith will take like $15-16 of that room. I would offer Iodannis an extension, resign Preston, cut McPhee and Foster.
I agree, I love JNO but he's getting old and not worth the $ Now if he is willing to reconstruct I'd keep him.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #158
Schneed10
A Dude

While I don't think we're the most talented team in the NFL, we're also not the worst by any stretch of the imagination. Even in our decimated state there is still some talent on the field. Our biggest issue is with coaching and discipline.

Our team was excited to show what it could do early in the season but once contact started and injuries mounted, they have wilted. That's a culture issue. The coaching staff is responsible for that first and foremost.

You have to make the coaching change to a hard ass, pronto. But I wouldn't cut every player. Maybe a few, especially those who don't represent a culture of toughness. Reed would have to be on that list for me. I want a coach who emphasizes that the most important ability is availability.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #159
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
While I don't think we're the most talented team in the NFL, we're also not the worst by any stretch of the imagination. Even in our decimated state there is still some talent on the field. Our biggest issue is with coaching and discipline.

Our team was excited to show what it could do early in the season but once contact started and injuries mounted, they have wilted. That's a culture issue. The coaching staff is responsible for that first and foremost.

You have to make the coaching change to a hard ass, pronto. But I wouldn't cut every player. Maybe a few, especially those who don't represent a culture of toughness. Reed would have to be on that list for me. I want a coach who emphasizes that the most important ability is availability.
Injuries are hard to judge based on the severity but I agree on the fact this team is soft as fuck, and it starts with coaching. Jay is a easy going players coach and this is what happens when u have that run a team.

As for talent,

We have a solid OL (Just need a LG).

RB's are ok, especially if Guice is the real deal.

WR's = GARBAGE and we need at least 2 starters there.

TE = Garbage , same as WR.

OLB needs an upgrade, Smith needs to go. Not worth what he will ask for.

Need a true FS, HHCD is too slow back there.

CB is ok but need a true #1 JNO is not that guy anymore.

Overall a new HC and QB could boost the team starting in 2019, but if they keep Jay around the team is going to be the same
Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #160
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

I think a lot of issues stem from coaching, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #161
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

If Dan Snyder doesn't either fire or demote Bruce Allen and let's this nonsense continue then it means Snyder is the stupidest nfl owner of all time....he can fire Norv and Marty but not Bruce...he just might be this dumb.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #162
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

One player that either needs to be demoted, traded or cut, Morgan Moses.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #163
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Who is to say the Browns won't keep him as HC? Have u seen the improvement since HUE left?? They are playing like a playoff team
Because they are the Browns, one of the few franchises current Redskin fans can laugh at.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #164
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Dude, stop pissing in my corn flakes.

Preston is not a starter in the NFL.
I said it in the preseason and his 3 sacks in 13 games proves me right.

We need to get rid of the guys who aren't producing.
Preston Smith is the worst player on our front 7 (Starters).
He isn't getting sacks and he sucks at stopping the run at the edges.
He needs to be replaced with a speed edge rusher.

Look at Trent Murphy, The Bills are paying him $2Million a sack this year. It's bullshit. That's more per sack than what Donald and Mack are making.

Doctson needs to be on the bench next year.

You can't have a #1 WR that averages 35 yards a game.
You can't have a Right Side Edge Rusher who isn't in the top 90 in sacks.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
One player that either needs to be demoted, traded or cut, Morgan Moses.
He has been awful this yr. IDK what happened to him
Closed Thread