Around the League Week 4

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #76
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It was a typical Cousins game. Did you see the end of the first half they lost at least 15 seconds and ended up settling for a FG in a shoot out. The end of the second half a strip fumble and lack of pocket awareness that lead to it. And finally Sam Shields dropped 2 or 3 sure interceptions.

And I don't know how to pin this on Cousins (this is mainly a joke) but Minny's defense looks like ours last year, and ours is looking a lot more like the Minny D of last year. Somehow that's gotta Cousins fault!
It's unfair to pin this on him, but you know how important the position is in this league, QBs take all the glory and all the blame.

He may have some crazy stats in terms of yardage and TDs (over 1300 yds and 10 TDs through 4 games). But he also has 6 turnover and just one 1 win in 4 games.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I Cringed when I saw that first half end, I said to myself "yep that's Kirk's offense" Love the guy I really do but he has zero time awareness.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #78
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Eh I don't know. He never felt the rush here very well and he didn't feel that one at all, he never moved off his spot, no slide no shuffle no nothing. Just stood there and double clutched it.

Cousins did plenty of great things but it's that one thing he doesn't do well that really holds him back. He doesn't feel the rush well. That's 41 fumbles in 66 career games.
Well he's no Tony Romo when it comes to pocket awareness that's for sure
Old 09-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #79
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It's unfair to pin this on him, but you know how important the position is in this league, QBs take all the glory and all the blame.

He may have some crazy stats in terms of yardage and TDs (over 1300 yds and 10 TDs through 4 games). But he also has 6 turnover and just one 1 win in 4 games.
That's Cousins in a nutshell. Really good passer, but turns it over.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #80
skinsfan69
Living Legend

All Cousins has to do is just start taking a few hitch steps when he finishes his drop back and he'd cut down on his turnovers. I'm surprised as anal rententive as he is he hasn't fixed that. Even on his last fumble he never actually moved forward when he got to his last steps on his drop back.

Also the WL record of a QB is the dumbest stat in football. Does the oline have a wl record too? What about the wr's? The only person that should have a wl record is the head coach.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #81
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

All hat, no cattle.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 PM   #82
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

The Vikings for sure are not what I thought they were this year. It might be too soon to predict their record, but i am going to go out on a limb and say that they don't make the playoffs this year. Kirk will have a great season statistically, but the games that they will lose will be dogfights because i think something is going on with their defense now. Sort of like here last season, Cousins can lead them to a win if the offense can score over 35 points. But there will be those games they lose like 38-35, etc....
Old 09-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #83
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

So much for TNF being a bad product. THAT was a good game!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #84
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
The situation with Cousins was handled poorly by both sides.The thing that bothered me about Cousins was seeing {I think it was NFL films production}where it was inside look and Cousins was talking about how he was so disappointed the day after the Smith trade because he wanted to stay with the skins,I call major major bullshit on that.And I don't blame him for wanting out,just dont believe the bullshit.
I believe he would have stayed if the Skins stepped up to the plate with a legit contract offer. Instead they dicked around with a weak offer that everyone knew was a joke.

Cousins knew if he hit free agency he would maximize his value and guess what? He did. Hats off to him he played the business side perfectly.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #85
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I believe he would have stayed if the Skins stepped up to the plate with a legit contract offer. Instead they dicked around with a weak offer that everyone knew was a joke.

Cousins knew if he hit free agency he would maximize his value and guess what? He did. Hats off to him he played the business side perfectly.
Agree. On the flip side, I applaud the way the Skins handled the business side. I would not have paid him $84M guaranteed over 3 years. And if you ask me whether I’d rather have Cousins at $28M per year, plus keep Fuller and the 3rd, or whether I’d rather have Smith at $23M without Fuller and the 3rd, I’d choose Smith.

The Redskins have finally been the one team in the NFL that has thought carefully about what the QB is worth. All others have blindly accepted the rising prices. A few of these QBs are worth it - Rodgers for sure. But Garoppolo? Cousins? Matt Ryan? I don’t believe they are. Their talent is strong, but not to the point where it could elevate a roster that’s by nature thinner because of the cap space devoted to the QB.

Sounds strange to say but the Skins are on the cutting edge in this regard.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

They should have moved him the year before for multiple picks instead of the offering him the weak deal. If we were never gonna pay him market value or perceived market value, why not move him....because you wanted him one more year for 24 mil? That’s dumb as shit imo.

We’ve talked at length about this and the track record of Bruce managing the qb position is poor. If you were never serious bout a long term deal, you maximize his value with picks or players in return. You would have gotten at minimum a first round pick, but probably more.

I don’t mind Alex bout we could have had Sam darnold, Baker, etc.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
They should have moved him the year before for multiple picks instead of the offering him the weak deal. If we were never gonna pay him market value or perceived market value, why not move him....because you wanted him one more year for 24 mil? That’s dumb as shit imo.

We’ve talked at length about this and the track record of Bruce managing the qb position is poor. If you were never serious bout a long term deal, you maximize his value with picks or players in return. You would have gotten at minimum a first round pick, but probably more.

I agree with this. At least we'll get a 3rd rounder next year though.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I was just about to post the same thing, they definitely should have traded him when the writing was on the wall.

Also, in 2016 Cousins wanted a 3 year deal at $19M per but the team balked. Another key mistake.

I feel good about Smith right now and given the circumstances the team did a great job at salvaging the situation, BUT, overall it was handled poorly highlighted by the two key mistakes above.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:19 AM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

If I hear one more word about the freaking Dolphins. Raiders, Jets, Titans? Wow. Real world beaters. I cant wait until the Patriots end their charade.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #90
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If I hear one more word about the freaking Dolphins. Raiders, Jets, Titans? Wow. Real world beaters. I cant wait until the Patriots end their charade.
Ha...no shit...but I’m pulling for them today.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote