Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Looks like Mason will be resigned

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
warriorzpath

Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would rather see Ganther given more touches and to be out there more than Mason, since he can pass block better.
yeah, I guess that's a personal preference - a running back that can pass block better or one that can run better. While I'd like both, I'd prefer the running back that can run. And I know he hasn't gotten a whole lot of chances, but Ganther hasn't shown much when given the ball.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
All else aside, when the Redskins call, you get several hundreds of thousands of dollars, minimum, to respond. I'd respond even if they had repeatedly disrespected me.
you sound like zorn

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If I was Mason i would have turned the skins down. How many times can the team crap on you? I mean heck i know its another chance at the NFL but i feel Mason was dissed horribly by being cut so many times.

Only way i'd come back is if I had a chance to compete for the feature back spot next year.....
If he is that good then he will have 32 teams get to see if he can be a featured back. So far it looks like the skins are the only team to have even given him a chance.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
yeah, I guess that's a personal preference - a running back that can pass block better or one that can run better. While I'd like both, I'd prefer the running back that can run. And I know he hasn't gotten a whole lot of chances, but Ganther hasn't shown much when given the ball.
Well with the line that we have, we need a good pass blocking RB. And I think Ganther hasn't been given many chances to prove himself. I'm sure in this upcoming game we'll see what he has.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #20
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well with the line that we have, we need a good pass blocking RB. And I think Ganther hasn't been given many chances to prove himself. I'm sure in this upcoming game we'll see what he has.
I don't know if this is true or not, but if Ganther was a much better pass blocking RB than Cartwright, I would prefer having Cartwright in there. Just cause it might be more effective both in the running and passing game. Play-action is one reason and another reason (in Cartwright's case), the passes that can be thrown to him out of the backfield.

Ganther, as a pass-blocking rb, wouldn't make that much of an impact on the game IMO.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Onto Fanaika(sp? really who cares) Why do we pull an OG from the Eagles? Their line isn't much better. Is it surprising that we play Philly next week? The Saints better get Chase back, otherwise its a sure bet we sign him the week before we play them.

Again, why sign a PS player from a team who is bad at that position? Are there no solid OL teams that have someone stored on the practice squad. I be done. Thanks.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Mason knows the plays. And he already knows how to play Bingo!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Now wearing #32.

Make up your mind, Marcus.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Also, Marcus-Mason
Old 11-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If Mason was that good he would not be sitting at home. Maybe I'm wrong and the other 32 teams are wrong but we will see. Its kind of a win win for both. Mason will get his chance in the NFL and we have nothing to loose so lets see what he has.
I understand your point but thats like saying Portis started every game because he was the best rb on the team. For some reason this team's depth chart is solely based on size of salary.

Lot of young guys on the team are suddenly contributing. Because they all of a sudden got better? No, because they are actually being involved.

GO MASON. HTTR!!
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #26
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
I understand your point but thats like saying Portis started every game because he was the best rb on the team. For some reason this team's depth chart is solely based on size of salary.

Lot of young guys on the team are suddenly contributing. Because they all of a sudden got better? No, because they are actually being involved.

GO MASON. HTTR!!
Portis is the best back on the team, might have started due to the money but talent wise its not even close.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #27
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If I was Mason i would have turned the skins down. How many times can the team crap on you? I mean heck i know its another chance at the NFL but i feel Mason was dissed horribly by being cut so many times.

Only way i'd come back is if I had a chance to compete for the feature back spot next year.....
no other team wanted him.. you think he could demand that he get a shot at feature back?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote