Dustin Hopkins Sucks Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Dustin Hopkins Sucks Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You play Alex if you're concerned with winning in the moment and hoping to go deep in the playoffs.

You give Alex another week of rest if you are more concerned with the future and want to see if Haskins can build on this appearance.

The decision is Ron's.
You need to reassess your position. When a team has a clear opportunity to go to the playoffs, they must go for it. You play to win. Otherwise, you are demeaning the integrity of the entire NFL.

Ron has only one ethical choice - to go for it. If he doesn't go for it, he'll risk alienating his players, his boss, the NFL, and most of the WFT fan base.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #62
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Rivera already said Smith is starting if healthy. Lots of good discussions here. But the answer is solely in Smith's calf.
There is healthy and there is healthy enough. Every player is hurt in some way at this point in the season. Ron's decision should and I think will lean heavily towards can he go versus should he go. That's pro football, folks.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #63
MTK
\m/

If Alex can play, he will.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #64
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You need to reassess your position. When a team has a clear opportunity to go to the playoffs, they must go for it. You play to win. Otherwise, you are demeaning the integrity of the entire NFL.

Ron has only one ethical choice - to go for it. If he doesn't go for it, he'll risk alienating his players, his boss, the NFL, and most of the WFT fan base.
Absolutely! If we want to make the playoffs, we NEED to win against the Panthers.

Start Alex, prepare Dwayne to be ready if needed.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #65
SunnySide
Playmaker

Somewhat problematic is deciding who you give 1st team snaps to this week. After week 12 or so, teams are further restricted in the number of padded practices.

I think Ron, Scott and QB coach need to make a big decision here tomorrow. You cant give Dwayne first team snaps, then try and have Alex do a walk though on Friday and then make a decision.

I think all the eggs need to go into one basket.

Tough decision, perhaps Alex calf will give us a definitive answer and Ron and co. wont have to make one.

-------------------------

Mark Bullock
@MarkBullockNFL
·
21h
Heard Haskins on the broadcast shout to Cam Sims "Hey, get him, 33" to try and help sell the run fake. Sims initially got his hands on Adams, then peeled off. Before Adams could adjust, McKissic ran by him into the flat and Haskins found him for the TD. Washington back in it

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

^^ good job by Dwayne to do the little things.

Mark Bullock
@MarkBullockNFL
·
21h
Washington going to one of Haskins most used concepts since he's entered the league. Double slants to one side, slant-flat to the other. Hits the slant to Cam Sims for the conversion.

^^ nice read and throw by Dwayne

Lots more film breakdown by Bullock on his twitter

Last edited by SunnySide; 12-21-2020 at 01:12 PM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #66
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Truly. I think we must have next to no turnovers to win in our current stage of development on offense. That means going with Alex Smith because he is one of the best QB's there is at minimizing turnovers. We have a shot at winning our division so Smith must play, even if he is dragging one leg behind him.

This is not the time to prioritize getting another look at Dwayne Haskins. Haskins should only play if Smith can't go.
I agree that Smith should get the nod against Carolina if he is 100%, but the notion that Haskins turns the ball over more than Smith is fake news.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #67
Monkeydad
Living Legend

If McKissic's late game injury turns out to be something, Lamar Miller will be active this week.

Hopefully it'll be the Gibson and Barber show.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You play Alex if you're concerned with winning in the moment and hoping to go deep in the playoffs.

You give Alex another week of rest if you are more concerned with the future and want to see if Haskins can build on this appearance.

The decision is Ron's.
exactly this
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I think you could reflect a little on the fact that AS' comeback has been huge, but if Ron tells the team that he is giving AS' calf one more week rest I doubt he risks alienating anyone. Also pretty sure he has built up a lot of respect for making team oriented, player oriented decisions that have us on the verge of clinching the NFC East. I can't imagine one player is going to lose faith in Ron if he starts DH this weekend.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Absolutely! If we want to make the playoffs, we NEED to win against the Panthers.

Start Alex, prepare Dwayne to be ready if needed.
Baltimore will beat NY, that's as certain as anything in the NFL can be. If that happens we NEED only win one of these next 2 games. It's also likely that Dallas beats NY - they seem to have their number.

If Alex is 85% start him, but don't risk his health, or the team's playoff by starting him if he isn't ready.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
You play the schedule you're dealt, this isn't college football where we get to pick our opponents.

The same could be said for some of our wins.

Agreed except the context of my comment was directed at their defense. The one people keep saying is back over their last five weeks. A win is a win is a win and it is a beautiful thing, but I don’t want to hear about their defense because they beat up on four of the most inept offenses in the league during that span. They shut down some solid offenses in the next couple weeks or into the playoffs and we can have a conversation about their defense being back.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Agreed. This season is a much bigger issue than keeping Smith healthy for next year or something. This is his swan song moment.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #73
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He doesn’t make mistakes in crucial situations. With our D we only need that. Like I said neither guy is a long term answer but im all in on this season right now because we are on the doorstep of a home playoff game,.....
the defense dominates against sub par teams. not so much yesterday. got gashed on the run and had no sacks. still they kept us in the game, but this isn't a great defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #74
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This thread should've been named The Dwayne Haskins Sucks Post Game Thread.

My mans goes out and plays terrible on Sunday, finally gets mad after going down by 3 scores, mounts a little comeback and comes up just short, and celebrates by trying catch Hep C (in case the COVID doesn't get him) with his girl and some strippers after the game. He's done here after the season.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:10 AM   #75
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The 1st INT: They were in FG range, but if Wright doesn't tip that pass, I think Sims either catches it at the 5 yard line, or it's incomplete. That was just unfortunate. Not a bad throw on the run in my opinion.

The 2nd INT: They were not in FG range, unless you think Hopkins is good for a 61 yard FG (nope). He read the CB wrong. He thought Reed was going to stay with McLaurin, but he broke it off and came up to make the INT. I think if he could take it back, he pumps to Sims and hits McLaurin in the end zone for an easy TD; or he just hits Barber in the flat for 5-6 yards.

Neither of those INTs were into triple coverage...

Live and learn. I'm glad he is trying to push the ball down the field. The offense looked better today with Haskins at QB. Out of 10 possessions, six drives were at least 8 plays, five of those going for more than 40 yards. Against the 49ers they had 13 possessions - only TWO drives with at least 8 plays, and only ONE drive of more than 40 yards.

The INTs hurt, but even with those, if Hopkins makes that extra point it's a different game.

Disagree, terrible decision IMO. 2&8 in a 6 points game, take wide open McKissick right away. And then on the run, I say know who you are and take what you can on the ground. Finally, terrible throw, he needed to lead Wright towards the sideline where only he could catch it.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 12-23-2020 at 08:28 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote