Warpath vs ExtremeSkins

Playbook

Old 04-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Warpath vs ExtremeSkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Damn, that's all I got to say about the Carolina Panther's draft!
:confused:
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #17
12thMan
MVP

I think the name Extreme sums up what that site is all about.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #18
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

We get a lot of ES defectors here. I joined the path because I didnt want to be a part of the official site.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #19
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Not sure if it's still the case but I know that several months ago, ES was not happy about their relationship with the Redskins. I think they thought they'd be higher on the priority list for the Redskins social marketing efforts, but they're not.

ES is a pain to read visually, but they do have some decent posters and occasionally good information.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #20
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Yeah, it definitely has needed some work from the web staff. You can tell that it's been ignored just by how the place is run, the deficiencies that become an issue with bigger boards, etc. If I were the Skins I wouldn't exactly want to advertise it at this point either, until there was a mutual decision on how to handle issues there.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

I don't think either side really knew what they were getting in to with that merger. I wonder if they could do it all over again if they would do things the same. Somehow I doubt it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #22
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think either side really knew what they were getting in to with that merger. I wonder if they could do it all over again if they do things the same. Somehow I doubt it.
It is actually quite unfortunate. The guys who ran the site got some perks out of it but as far as the site goes it has definitely suffered. I guess it was their site with which to do what they wanted but they didn't do a very good job of protecting what they built. They got big "dollar signs" in their eyes when the team came calling and allowed their impressive creation to become joke.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

There's someone on this site (and you know who you are) who posts on that site too. And I've noticed this person has become a bit of an insider there and tends to take what I tell you guys here and presents it as fact on ES. Like I'll say something like "Redskins are willing to move Laron Landry if the price is right" and it'll turn into "Redskins are looking to trade Landry by this weekend" It's quite comical actually
Old 04-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Trade Landry??
Old news....been out on ES for days.......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #25
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's someone on this site (and you know who you are) who posts on that site too. And I've noticed this person has become a bit of an insider there and tends to take what I tell you guys here and presents it as fact on ES. Like I'll say something like "Redskins are willing to move Laron Landry if the price is right" and it'll turn into "Redskins are looking to trade Landry by this weekend" It's quite comical actually

Sorry I really should not do that.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #26
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
haha...thats great! What I hate about that site is that it is filled with guys that think they are insiders. Particuarly the mods, but there are others also. And the thing is they are almost always wrong. The only thing I like that site for is the Season Ticket info threads...there are a lot more season ticket holders on that website for whatever reason and i find out nice info on upgrades and parking problems. But as far as actually talking about the Redskins on there i am not a big fan.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'd like to think that when I am surprised about something or gave info that proved to not be correct to you guys here, I can own up to it. I don't ever feel like the "insiders" there do. But whatever, they do give good information sometimes there. I can't say though that I've ever seen anything there (and only there) that proved to be accurate.

But they are a passionate (sometimes too passionate) group of fans there and like I said before there are some good threads and posters there.

Their sig policy blows however.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
I'd like to think that when I am surprised about something or gave info that proved to not be correct to you guys here, I can own up to it. I don't ever feel like the "insiders" there do. But whatever, they do give good information sometimes there. I can't say though that I've ever seen anything there (and only there) that proved to be accurate.

But they are a passionate (sometimes too passionate) group of fans there and like I said before there are some good threads and posters there.

Their sig policy blows however.

Wow no kidding, I went over there for the first in awhile today and they have like full blown jpg's for sig's. It is horrible and confusing.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #29
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wow no kidding, I went over there for the first in awhile today and they have like full blown jpg's for sig's. It is horrible and confusing.
i hadn't been there in a while and just tried to check it out, it really is hard as hell to come away with anything other than a headache. there is way to much going on and the black background is an awful choice it's really hard on your eyes
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #30
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I've always wondered if that happened, I went to look for something specifically a bit before the draft on a scenario that you mentioned, forget what it was now
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote