Supreme Court vacancy

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-18-2022, 11:32 AM   #361
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Bolded is completely wrong (harsher than Oklahoma? Texas, Idaho??? those states are at the extreme end at 6 weeks or less and have felony charges attached). And the underlined is wrong if you are claiming requiring abortions being performed prior to 15 weeks bans most abortions, as almost all abortions occur prior to 15 weeks. 15 weeks is eminently reasonable as that is about the norm for the rest of the civilized world. Now the other requirements you mentioned I'll have to look at to see what their actual effects are.

What are your thoughts on Maryland's new abortion law?
______
Missed some earlier replies I noticed from last month. Just want to follow up that the Republicans missed an opportunity.
Doctors also have to register with the state before administering medication abortions, which are typically performed through a combination of the FDA-approved drugs mifepristone and misoprostol. About half of all abortions in Kentucky are medication abortions. But the state hasn’t set up a system to register yet, meaning that it’s impossible for doctors to comply. The state hasn’t yet laid out its plans to do so.

And physicians performing nonsurgical procedures must maintain hospital admitting privileges near where they perform those procedures. Because local hospitals may refuse abortion providers admitting privileges at their discretion, that makes it impossible for pregnant people to obtain an abortion in certain areas of the state. The Supreme Court has previously struck down laws with similar requirements in Texas and Louisiana as unconstitutional.

^^ from the article. Among other "substantial burden" restrictions placed in the new law.

Conservatives, with the blessing of our new SCOTUS makeup including a woman who talks in tongues, are actively trying to over turn Roe v Wade.

^ I hope we can at least agree on that.

its like a State placing all these restrictions on ammo that make it impossible to own ammo.

the SCOTUS is just a political party to now give rulings based upon political ideals ...

Conservatives broke the SC when they didnt issue an injunction to the Texas law.

This country will be liberal as the old white evangelicals die off. Taking away the checks and balances now ... only fuck our country 40 years from now.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #362
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trump broke G1. Trump should be paying rent cause he lives in G1 brain.
How do you feel about people who worship Trump to the point they felt it necessary to spend an entire day of their free time blocking Disney World just for attention?

Do they also meet the criteria?

I mean literally - I hate Trump, one of the select few people I truly hate and would not have an ounce of sadness when he dies - but if you asked me to go spend some of my free time in DC chanting with my fellow Dems about how much I hate him - despite living within reasonable driving distance of DC - I would not go. Because it accomplishes nothing. There aren't many people left in the US that have no opinion of Trump whatsoever - nothing is going to change unless people in a position of power take action.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #363
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How do you feel about people who worship Trump to the point they felt it necessary to spend an entire day of their free time blocking Disney World just for attention?

Do they also meet the criteria?

I mean literally - I hate Trump, one of the select few people I truly hate and would not have an ounce of sadness when he dies - but if you asked me to go spend some of my free time in DC chanting with my fellow Dems about how much I hate him - despite living within reasonable driving distance of DC - I would not go. Because it accomplishes nothing. There aren't many people left in the US that have no opinion of Trump whatsoever - nothing is going to change unless people in a position of power take action.
I’ve been told protests like this is just a ok.

But remember the standard set by Democrats in the blm/antifa riots is they can attack police, attack people, burn down buildings, loot, shoot each other, etc. Those standards you set and wouldn’t speak out against…so these folks have the right to do this.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:11 PM   #364
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

But remember the standard set by Democrats in the blm/antifa riots is they can attack police, attack people, burn down buildings, loot, shoot each other, etc. Those standards you set and wouldn’t speak out against…so these folks have the right to do this.
..............and the trump sheep speaks! chico your blame of all democrats and trump worship is reason why you and your trump sheep brethren get no respect.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #365
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I disagree, and have said this multiple times - I do not think the people using the riots as an excuse to burn/loot/etc. are sanctioned to do so by BLM/antifa (a separate subject entirely is that both of those groups are loose/informal groups with no clearly recognized national leader dishing "orders" ala Trump). I think opportunists recognize the opportunity of mass public chaos as cover to break the law. We do - and have spoken out clearly against those people. You choose to ignore it, and the cycle resets every few months. C'est la vie
Old 04-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #366
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I disagree, and have said this multiple times - I do not think the people using the riots as an excuse to burn/loot/etc. are sanctioned to do so by BLM/antifa (a separate subject entirely is that both of those groups are loose/informal groups with no clearly recognized national leader dishing "orders" ala Trump). I think opportunists recognize the opportunity of mass public chaos as cover to break the law. We do - and have spoken out clearly against those people. You choose to ignore it, and the cycle resets every few months. C'est la vie
Lol…Mooby rationalize it so you can sleep at night. Ignore the blm activist saying rioting is the language of the oppressed, ignore the interviews of the protesters at the actual protest stating it was ok to commit political violence for the cause, ignore the folks handing out weapons during the protest, ignore the folks standing around a burning building yelling blm, ignore the fact no one attempted to stop the violence durning the protest, ignoring the rampant anti-semitism chants and signs, ignore articles by left wing nuts justifying looting, vandalism, rioting, etc.

These were the standards set by Democrats and the left,

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #367
SunnySide
Playmaker

No one here is going to Antifa or Proud Boy rallies. I doubt anyone has gone to a Biden or Trump rally. Why do we spend all our time attacking, defending or comparing the two extreme political ends?

All we do as americans, sit on our phones or computers and echo far right or far left talking points that few of us actually are apart of. Give me good schools, cops that dont pull me over for going 7 of the speed limit and get out of the way.

Theres no kindergarden tranny indoctrination, theres no war on christianity ... there is a kinda war with our border, energy sector, universal healthcare is looking more and more attractive

Debate:

- immigration and borders? how do they work, can we stop people from just walking over?

- health care, why do I have an 8k deductible and still pay a ton of month?

- actual constructive effective police reform (that means more money but to the right programs i.e. mental health units so cops are sent to deal w a bi polar teenager; reviewing no knock warrants)

- investors buying up single family houses

instead we fight over made fights like CRT or starbucks saying "happy holidays" instead of merry christmas
Old 09-16-2022, 02:48 PM   #368
SunnySide
Playmaker

Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, the committee’s top Republican, admonished Gensler for failing to provide “real answers” to written questions submitted to the SEC by GOP senators on how the agency developed the proposal. He also predicted that the Supreme Court would toss out the rule if it is ultimately implemented.

“The SEC may not want to answer to Congress on its climate disclosure rule,” Toomey said, “but, ultimately, the SEC will have to answer to the courts, which should make it nervous.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/se...?siteid=yhoof2

SCOTUS is now a legislative/policy sword of the Republican party.

fuck the SC
Old 11-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #369
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-b...tory-99759984/

I'm not a podcasts guy but I stumbled across this podcast on Clarence Thomas and holy hell what a rough childhood. I always wondered how his ideology was shaped. You're talking about all the role models in his life beating him and working him to death as a kid - removing the heater on the truck because having heat in winter somehow makes you less tough - to being on the SCOTUS - he probably looks at that as a necessary part of his success. No wonder he's a consummate conservative, a tough, no frills childhood with strict role models results in him working his way up to SCOTUS - he's the ideal American success story in their mind.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #370
Giantone
Gamebreaker

INSIDER
Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh went to CPAC boss Matt Schlapp's holiday party, which Trump ally Stephen Miller and Rep. Matt Gaetz also attended: report

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court...150331909.html

Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh went to a holiday party at the home of Matt Schlapp — the chairman of the influential right-wing group Conservative Political Action Coalition — Friday night, Politico first reported.

Among other attendees at the Christmas party included Stephen Miller, a longtime ally to former President Donald Trump, Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Trump's former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, and Rep.-elect George Santos of New York, Politico reported.

The appearance has sparked questions about possible conflicts of interest with a sitting Supreme Court justice attending a private party of right-wing leaders. Miller's conservative group, America First Legal, has filed briefs on cases that are pending before the Supreme Court, according to Bloomberg.

Christian evangelical minister Rev. Robert Schenck told The Times and testified before the House Judiciary Committee last week that he gained advance knowledge of the decision in the high-profile Supreme Court case, Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores. The 5-4 majority, in an opinion delivered by Justice Samuel Alito, ruled that paying for insurance that covered contraception violated the religious freedoms of privately held, for-profit companies.

Schenck, a former anti-abortion activist, told congressional lawmakers that he had been involved in a decades-long effort to try and influence the thinking of some of the conservative Supreme Court justices.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:39 PM   #371
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Justice Clarence Thomas quietly lays wreaths with all the other volunteers every year at Arlington National Cemetery for #wreathsacrossamerica to honor those who have the ultimate sacrifice.

He Gets Us
Old 12-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #372
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Fuck him!
Old 12-17-2022, 02:50 PM   #373
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Fuck him!
That's the Christmas spirit!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #374
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Amazing isn’t it?

He Gets Us
Old 12-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #375
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Coming from you and your parrot that 's real fucking funny!