The 2nd Amendment Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #31
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This thread is literally the definition of pissing in the wind. No meaningful changes are in the pipeline and likely never will be. Not sure what we're even arguing about, polls show that the majority of Americans are on the same page with tighter gun control yet lawmakers never make it happen.
Because the NRA has every gun owner afraid the government will come get their guns and that has never been suggested(by serious people)

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2021, 10:58 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If you locked up every single person in possession of an illegal gun you would see an immediate, drastic drop in gun crime across the country. People who live in fear, whose constant worry of their child being a victim caught in the middle could walk down the street or play outside. Gang violence would drop, interaction of violence between police and citizens would drop, etc.

It would be special

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
IMHO (all this is ) . It's a combination of more of everything. Yes given them tough sentencing and no parole. Yet while in there the training for them once they are out should be better and definitely mandatory school for those without HS diplomas. Combine with tighter measures on guns and licensing . Should everyone have a right to a gun ...NO, just no. Some don't deserver the right .Once you serve criminal time you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun or have possession of one. You forfeit that right by committing the crime . Yes , I believe in the death penalty and for murder one ,it's death. Right now there is no fear of Police or prison .
Oh there's plenty of fear of the police right now, and that's a big part of the problem. It's all fear and no respect.

And sorry but executing people has never been a deterrent for crime.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
This thread is literally the definition of pissing in the wind. No meaningful changes are in the pipeline and likely never will be. Not sure what we're even arguing about, polls show that the majority of Americans are on the same page with tighter gun control yet lawmakers never make it happen.
By that standard (pissing in the wind = no meaningful changes) we ought to just shut down the debating with the enemy portion of the forum.

And honestly, I think the board would be just as well off -or even better off. When it first was opened the US was a different place. Yes, we had crazies from both the left and the right, (remember JoeTheismanFan and our resident bunker expert whose screen name I forget). But there was still a sense of fellowship around the team and most of the ribbing was indeed good natured. But the US, and this board has changed. Now trumpists are called cultists, blm followers are trashed with hate, both sides have positions so tightly locked in granite that there is no point in these discussions, it's all just pissing in the wind and hoping the other side is downwind.

As for this thread, I actually felt like there was decent constructive dialogue about how to find the balance of concerns and while, no we aren't changing the political equation, we were (mostly) discussing our differences with civility.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

I doubt that many minds have ever been changed on a message board especially regarding hot button issues. The names and players change, but the song remains the same. I recall plenty of hostile exchanges here in the past, the list of people that were banned from both sides prove that. So I'm not sure how much has really changed.

Things seem more charged right now but it's always easy to forget the past. Today's George Floyd was yesterday's Rodney King. Scary to think sometimes how little things change in terms of social issues while other things change wildly like technology. Today we can watch TV on our phones and buy magic internet coins. Imagine trying to explain these things to someone who time traveled from 1950, the crazy advancements in technology yet we're still weighed down by race issues and we have to worry about a maniac with a gun shooting up a school, workplace, or movie theater on the regular. Just doesn't make sense sometimes.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #36
SunnySide
Playmaker

Without reading the thread ... I dont own guns (bc of my medical marijuana card) but would own one for home protection and going to a gun range every now and then sounds fun. Ive gone shooting a bit.

I think people in Montana or Georgia should have guns. Go in the woods or the range or the desert. Do your thing, live your life.

I think most gun restriction laws would just impact regular law abiding citizens and not effect criminals with guns at all.

Mass shootings - Mental health issue. I think maybe a 2 week waiting period for gun purchases would be good (this is where people tell me theres already a 2 week waiting period). It wouldnt stop all or even most mass shootings but some of these were done by guys who just bought the guns a few days earlier.

If someone is going through a mental health breakdown or episode ... 2 weeks might give them a long enough cooling period or maybe friends or parents get concerned.

everyday criminal shootings - i think theres just way to many guns being made and pumped into the supply chain. These things are made to last 10-20 years.

398 MILLION guns in the US as of 2018. We manufacture btw 8-10 million new guns a year. Our streets are just saturated with guns. We are flooded with guns and they just keep making new ones.

------------

1. 2 week waiting period

2. Dont allow prosecutors to drop the 5 yr mandatory minimum for "use of gun in commission of violent crime" and "illegal possession"

3. Cap gun manufacturing or make it a one off .. for every gun made an old gun must be destroyed. (this will probably never happen ..)
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I doubt that many minds have ever been changed on a message board especially regarding hot button issues. The names and players change, but the song remains the same. I recall plenty of hostile exchanges here in the past, the list of people that were banned from both sides prove that. So I'm not sure how much has really changed.

Things seem more charged right now but it's always easy to forget the past. Today's George Floyd was yesterday's Rodney King. Scary to think sometimes how little things change in terms of social issues while other things change wildly like technology. Today we can watch TV on our phones and buy magic internet coins. Imagine trying to explain these things to someone who time traveled from 1950, the crazy advancements in technology yet we're still weighed down by race issues and we have to worry about a maniac with a gun shooting up a school, workplace, or movie theater on the regular. Just doesn't make sense sometimes.
Agreed on all of this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:54 PM   #39
SunnySide
Playmaker

Appears Rittenhouse will be acquitted.

He put himself in a situation where hed get a chance at confrontation and then claim self defense.

All parties seemed to want to play this stupid LARP game.

I dont understand it. The motivation form all parties involved, being so impassioned about something that you become blinded and tunnel visioned.

He wanted to kill some liberals.

He killed some.

He will be a hero to the far right AR 15 magas.

Feels like 10% of this country has lost their minds, left and right.

Soon enough we'll ahve role reversals where POC killl some Maga types bc they went to a maga rally inviting confrontation and well see how that plays out in court and in the court of fox news.

Soon enough theres just going to be a shoot out.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

He put himself in a situation where hed get a chance at confrontation and then claim self defense.

I dont understand it. The motivation form all parties involved, being so impassioned about something that you become blinded and tunnel visioned.

He killed some.

Soon enough we'll ahve role reversals where POC killl some Maga types bc they went to a maga rally inviting confrontation and well see how that plays out in court and in the court of fox news.

Fuck him. Dude is just a product of the extreme right. A little white killer with a chip on his shoulder looking to be some kind of white hero.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

He killed some.

Maybe the people attacking, rioting, and burning down shit are the bad people? Especially since piece of shit sexually assaulting fucking piece of trash Blake was a criminal was correctly shot while carrying a weapon.

Unbelievable

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #42
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Oh there's plenty of fear of the police right now, and that's a big part of the problem. It's all fear and no respect.

And sorry but executing people has never been a deterrent for crime.
Re: Death Penalty - It's always been a deterrent to crime - I challenge you or anyone to point out even one example of anyone who was executed ever committing another crime. (And no I'm not trying to be funny - there are people killed every year by people who were sentenced to life in prison).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #43
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fuck him. Dude is just a product of the extreme right. A little white killer with a chip on his shoulder looking to be some kind of white hero.
The Judge likes the kid , he needs to be off the bench but the DA did a shitty job. The kid is from a different state and lied so he could buy a gun and kill people .They never went after the personal responsibility aspect that he put himself in a dangerous situation .

P.S.

They will be more riots if he is acquitted .
Old 11-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Re: Death Penalty - It's always been a deterrent to crime - I challenge you or anyone to point out even one example of anyone who was executed ever committing another crime. (And no I'm not trying to be funny - there are people killed every year by people who were sentenced to life in prison).
A deterrent to others of course.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #45
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Maybe the people attacking, rioting, and burning down shit are the bad people? Especially since piece of shit sexually assaulting fucking piece of trash Blake was a criminal was correctly shot while carrying a weapon.

Unbelievable
Its self defense with an asterix. Its an ugly self defense. Manufactured self defense .. which goes against the spirit of "lethal force only if absolutely necessary".

Reminds me of an MMA fighter who goes to bars and then picks fights with drunk guys.

Americans killing Americans in the street bc of political beliefs.

Its ugly.