Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2016 Redskins Salary Cap Status

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #46
redskin37
Special Teams

Re: 2016 Redskins Salary Cap Status

Release Hatcher and Hall to start. Out with the old and in with the young..
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #47
metalskins
The Starter

I think Hatcher retires.

From the earlier list, probably can cut ties with Darrel Young, Paulsen, and Riley. I think Jackson and Garcon stay with reworked contracts.

Kirk will get a fair contract, but don't expect any low ball offers. The 'skins realize how important he is to the team, and I think Cousins wants to be here.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #48
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I think Hatcher retires.

From the earlier list, probably can cut ties with Darrel Young, Paulsen, and Riley. I think Jackson and Garcon stay with reworked contracts.

Kirk will get a fair contract, but don't expect any low ball offers. The 'skins realize how important he is to the team, and I think Cousins wants to be here.
From what I have heard on the local radio stations, D Young wants to remain with the Redskins, and apparently is open to a reasonably low offer. I'm not sure if I believe that, but, that is what analysts on both 980 and 106.7 have said.

As for the other moves you mentioned, I completely agree.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #49
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
From what I have heard on the local radio stations, D Young wants to remain with the Redskins, and apparently is open to a reasonably low offer. I'm not sure if I believe that, but, that is what analysts on both 980 and 106.7 have said.

As for the other moves you mentioned, I completely agree.
As always, it's the market that will dictate D Young's value. Plenty of teams go without a FB. And he's aging. I'd expect a minimum salary deal, or close to it. He won't get more than $1.0M per season. I'm sure he'll take whatever the Skins offer.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

DY really didn't get a lot of snaps this year and from my understanding Callahan likes to utilize the single back look. Also Gruden prefers the 2 TE set (his time in Cincy). While I love DY, I don't really think his return is really crucial...he may not have a spot on the field.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #51
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
DY really didn't get a lot of snaps this year and from my understanding Callahan likes to utilize the single back look. Also Gruden prefers the 2 TE set (his time in Cincy). While I love DY, I don't really think his return is really crucial...he may not have a spot on the field.
Yeah. Lots of value as a special teamer. Maybe you pay him minimally and bring him to camp, but if you have good special teams production coming from other positions, then you say goodbye.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #52
Irrefutable
The Starter

the Redskins should have plenty of cap space. I hope they go after 6 or so 2nd tier players.... S, CB, LB, TE, C

Redskins should enter 2016 with plenty of salary cap room | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #53
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I wonder what it would cost to sign RB Lamar Miller as a FA. I think we need more than one good back who can play every down. Miller averaged 4.5 YPC rushing and caught 47 passes in 2015. Also, he rarely fumbles.

The fact that he is a proven NFL player who is only 24 years old intrigues me.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #54
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I wonder what it would cost to sign RB Lamar Miller as a FA. I think we need more than one good back who can play every down. Miller averaged 4.5 YPC rushing and caught 47 passes in 2015. Also, he rarely fumbles.

Good question. Pretty good player, but not sure there's a huge difference between him and Matt Jones.

YPC stats are so dependent upon blocking and schemes and all kinds of stuff. If Miller were here, would he really have done better than Jones or Morris? If Jones were in Miami, would he really have done much worse than Miller? Not easy to answer.

That's why my personal preference is to find the next Lamar Miller in the draft rather than pay for his production in Miami.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

I think when the dust settles from Free agency, Lamar Miller and Doug Martin will probably end up with the most expensive contracts at their RB position.

Adam Gase could move on from Miller. Gase could bring Forte in from Chicago or reach back and grab a back from Denver. CJ Anderson is a Restricted FA who excelled under Gase and has taken a step back now that he is gone. Wouldn't surprise me if Gase would send a pick to Denver for him. Maybe Gase brings in Hillman.

Miller has some talent and Im willing to bet several teams will be in contention. I wouldn't be against reaching out, but I bet the price will be more than McC is willing to pay.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #56
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Good question. Pretty good player, but not sure there's a huge difference between him and Matt Jones.

YPC stats are so dependent upon blocking and schemes and all kinds of stuff. If Miller were here, would he really have done better than Jones or Morris? If Jones were in Miami, would he really have done much worse than Miller? Not easy to answer.

That's why my personal preference is to find the next Lamar Miller in the draft rather than pay for his production in Miami.
I agree, if you take a close look at his stats you will find he averages about 50 yds rushing per game and 8 yds receiving. Miller made $1.5 million last year and would cost $$$ to sign. You can probably get the same production from a mid round pick and save millions.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #57
That Guy
Living Legend

DY plays all 4 special teams units and wants to be here. gruden's talks with hoffman indicated that hall is more important to him than goldson, so hall's probably back.

and yeah, you shouldn't waste money on an rb, especially with how bad our blocking was this year. 2nd round pick or later, or keep the guys we've got and see how it goes next year.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #58
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Not sure who he talked to within the organization, but Hoffman was on the radio saying he felt confident DY would be back.

Not groundbreaking news, but I really like the guy and he gives it everything he has every time he sees the field.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #59
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

According to Rich Tandler........

dropping the following will save +/- $25-26 million in Cap space
Djax saves 6.75M
J Hatcher 4.23M
D Goldson 8.00M
P Riley 4.00M
A Roberts 3.00M

Goldson was a definite leader, BUT...he gave up some big plays, including the 1st Td against Green Bay. I know he was hurting late in the year, but he definitely looked a step slow to me.

Anyway, for my money, I'd part with those guys above.
Would definitely bring back DY.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #60
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I would keep DJax - He is a game changer. I am indifferent on Goldson and would cut Hatcher, Riley, and Roberts.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote