Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #91
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Great point, and maybe Monte could play a hybrid LB/S role in certain situations. He's tall and speedy.
considering how well we are playing the run, teams are bound to throw more and also use a lot more in way of the screen game... so we could use his "range" lol.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #92
Back2RFK
Special Teams

So I told my daughter that the Redskins has a new player call HA,HA, Clinton Dix. So she walks down stairs and says his name but it sounded like Ha,Ha, Clit and D!cks. You should have seen the look the wife made.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:00 PM   #93
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I suspect that Nicholson will start with Dix rotating in. From what I have seen on film, one of Dix's best attributes seems to be that he takes the "last line of defense" very seriously and plays the deep field conservatively. Hopefully, this helps prevent chunk plays.
I would say this is accurate. He stays back, sometimes to the defense's detriment.

I can't really put a finger on what happened to him. He was a very very good player in 2016 and has kinda gone downhill since then. From my eye test anyway.

I'm shocked PFF has him rated that highly.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #94
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
So I told my daughter that the Redskins has a new player call HA,HA, Clinton Dix. So she walks down stairs and says his name but it sounded like Ha,Ha, Clit and D!cks. You should have seen the look the wife made.
How old is your daughter?
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #95
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
I would say this is accurate. He stays back, sometimes to the defense's detriment.

I can't really put a finger on what happened to him. He was a very very good player in 2016 and has kinda gone downhill since then. From my eye test anyway.

I'm shocked PFF has him rated that highly.
Clit Dicks is a much better player than Monte at this point. Plus being on a much less volatile defense with a stronger front 7 in front of him should elevate his play even more. We got better.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #96
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Does anybody find this Monte is injured stuff a little suspicious? Maybe the cynic in me, but he never appeared on any injury reports did he? And I didn't see him go down at all during the Giants game.

Now all of a sudden he's banged up? Weird. Just say you wanted more depth in the secondary.
Per Gruden today he's got a minor hip injury that required a procedure.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #97
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Clit Dicks is a much better player than Monte at this point. Plus being on a much less volatile defense with a stronger front 7 in front of him should elevate his play even more. We got better.
No doubt. I said pretty much exactly that a few pages back.

I guess my point was that he has a lot of potential to be better than he has been this season, because by my eye he was a fantastic player 2 years ago. And it's not like he's old.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:06 PM   #98
WillH
The Starter

Saw today that their head coach said part of the reason the Packers were willing to trade was that they plan to be very active in free agency this coming offseason and knew they wouldn't get anything back for HaHa in 2020 as a result. This makes the trade make a lot more sense. Still wonder why they wouldn't have just resigned him. I guess I've heard that they expected him to be elite and he was just really good. I have a feeling that with the other defensive talent on this team he will be even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #99
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Saw today that their head coach said part of the reason the Packers were willing to trade was that they plan to be very active in free agency this coming offseason and knew they wouldn't get anything back for HaHa in 2020 as a result. This makes the trade make a lot more sense. Still wonder why they wouldn't have just resigned him. I guess I've heard that they expected him to be elite and he was just really good. I have a feeling that with the other defensive talent on this team he will be even better.
It seems some teams don't value safeties as much as they do with other positions. Last off season is great example, there were 2 or 3 FA safeties who are considered as quality starters available and yet there weren't many teams interested in them.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #100
MTK
\m/

In the past few years they Packers have also let safeties Michah Hyde and Morgan Burnett get away.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #101
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In the past few years they Packers have also let safeties Michah Hyde and Morgan Burnett get away.
That’s probably why combover Capers got canned, not valuing safeties.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #102
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Another reason to like this guy.

To Clinton-Dix, there’s plenty of reasons for him to be intrigued by the opportunity he now has with the Redskins.The first, an opportunity to follow in the footsteps of his favorite player: Sean Taylor. Long before Clinton-Dix would first dawn the burgundy and gold on Wednesday, his admiration for the fellow safety and Redskins legend had been well known.

In 2014, during an interview with Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, where he was asked what three people he would want to have dinner with, the former Packer named Taylor as his first, and said he didn’t even have any others.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #103
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Solid pick up. We now have the Burgundy Boom.

On another note, is no one else disappointed that we did nothing to address our inadequate WR play? I would have loved to have picked up a WR. I could have seen Garçon coming back for a late round pick.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #104
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

On another note, is no one else disappointed that we did nothing to address our inadequate WR play? I would have loved to have picked up a WR. I could have seen Garçon coming back for a late round pick.
Sure. Some are disappointed. Not I. The problem with the passing game is not that receivers are getting open, its that AS is not in sync with what Gruden is trying to do. Receivers are running open most of the time but AS is waiting to long, not moving off read, etc.

Nobody we were going to get in a trade was going to do much of anything to fix the passing game problems.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:53 AM   #105
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

Garçon is done...Doctson steady improvement the last several games, and getting back the injuried crowder and Quinn probably had the staff thinking this probably would help more than adding what was out there. Multiple reports confirmed they did explore adding at the position.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote