Coaching and Front Office Changes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Coaching and Front Office Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
It would seem to me that its possible, if not likely, that it is Schaffer's decision to leave in May. Perhaps he's butt hurt that Dan assembled a group of advisors outside of the team to consult on the offseason changes? Perhaps he's miffed that he's not getting the promotion to Bruce's old job and someone else (whether internal or external) is?

The sequence of events makes me think the team wanted to keep his departure under wraps until May, but he leaked it to make them look bad.
Schaefer came off looking bad, once it was said he was the one who leaked it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
It would seem to me that its possible, if not likely, that it is Schaffer's decision to leave in May. Perhaps he's butt hurt that Dan assembled a group of advisors outside of the team to consult on the offseason changes? Perhaps he's miffed that he's not getting the promotion to Bruce's old job and someone else (whether internal or external) is?

The sequence of events makes me think the team wanted to keep his departure under wraps until May, but he leaked it to make them look bad.
If that's the case, then good riddance. Maybe they shouldn't wait until May...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #48
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

I completely agree that Rivera is a “good” coach. Not even a great coach. So where is he qualified to make decisions on GM and front office positions. I really hope he’s not make those moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Any thoughts on John Dorsey? Browns fired him today.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:14 PM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

He made a name for himself with Andy Reid and the Chiefs, but that name is now soiled for being fired by the Browns. Haslam is a bad owner though, they should've left Kitchens as o-coordinator and let Gregggggg run the ship.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

Pass

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Now that Bruce is completely gone I wonder how Dan is going to behave. We've been pretty tight with free agency. With a lot of cap room and a new coach, I wonder if we're going back to the old ways. I sorta get the feeling Redskins One is ready to get a workout come free agency.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #53
rocnrik
Playmaker

A great coach us one that gets the MOST out of the talent he has.. Gruden did not come close to that.. Callahan did more than Gruden ever did. RR is a top tier coach .. remember the browns fired Bill B and he had one of the great all time QB in New England. Now that Brady is slipping let’s see how great Bill does with Average players. I’m not saying Ron is Elite but he is light years better than what we had.. but in the end it all will depend on the players and that will start with Haskins..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:32 PM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

The bigger question, what does Alex Smith think of John Dorsey?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:35 PM   #55
rocnrik
Playmaker

What’s the Smith and Dorsey connection?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #56
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
What’s the Smith and Dorsey connection?
Kansas City .....

Bearing in mind Dorsey hired Kitchens and traded for OBJ..... so that would be a no for me
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

My opinion of the front office personnel is the same as that of the defense (well most of the players on defense): a talented group that's been led by a moron.

Eric Schaffer and Kyle Smith are very talented executives, who are respected within and outside of the team. I'd like to see what this front office looks like without Bruce Allen f*cking things up. Schaffer is a wizard with the cap and has done a very good job with player contracts. And everyone knows the talent Smith has brought to the team. I would like to see how things go with him being completely in charge of the draft.

Also, I don't have a problem if we have a set up where both the head of the FO and the HC report to Snyder. I don't know where or who said it, but I read that Rivera wants a setup where he works with a GM (and not for the GM, nor does the GM work for him) and if there are any disagreements, they'd take that up to the owner. Also, I believe Rivera wants full control on the gameday roster.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:23 PM   #58
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My opinion of the front office personnel is the same as that of the defense (well most of the players on defense): a talented group that's been led by a moron.

Eric Schaffer and Kyle Smith are very talented executives, who are respected within and outside of the team. I'd like to see what this front office looks like without Bruce Allen f*cking things up. Schaffer is a wizard with the cap and has done a very good job with player contracts. And everyone knows the talent Smith has brought to the team. I would like to see how things go with him being completely in charge of the draft.

Also, I don't have a problem if we have a set up where both the head of the FO and the HC report to Snyder. I don't know where or who said it, but I read that Rivera wants a setup where he works with a GM (and not for the GM, nor does the GM work for him) and if there are any disagreements, they'd take that up to the owner. Also, I believe Rivera wants full control on the gameday roster.
I think that setup would be interesting, but is there an example of it in the league?

Old 12-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #59
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I think that setup would be interesting, but is there an example of it in the league?

Whenever Gibbs and Beatherd had disagreements they took it to Mr Cooke. He always sided with the coach and that's why BB left in 89. He basically lost a power struggle w/ Gibbs.

To me it seems really easy. GM has say over who comes on the roster, coach has say over who stays on the roster. Coach has say over his staff and game day roster.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:24 AM   #60
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I get that Schaffer is great with the cap, but I really wouldn't get over worked if he was to get dumped.
We as fans are not really in a position to know the worth of these FO guys, and I get this perception that he's good at what it does, but here what we know : he's been on a losing organisation for 17 years and hasn't got any offer for a higher title anywhere else.

Again, not saying he's not a quality guy, he may very well be, but I won't hang on to him over giving our new HC what he wants. I want Ron Rivera to get quality guys that are on the same page as him. If Eric Schaffer is one of them, great for him, hopefully good for the team too, but if he's not, let's not act like we know for sure letting him go was a huge mistake, we don't really know.

Anyway, my point is I like the fact that for now our new HC is given the tools for success, I want him to have enough control so he can truly turn this team in the direction he thinks is the best, at least early.