Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #16
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Case will be the starter this year...he will surprise a lot of folks ! No need to wish Haskins to get beat up behind suspect line.. if Moses go down and Trent does not play we got a bad o line..
Really hope this is the case. Just think people are overlooking his experience and numbers thus far (respectable not elite.) Heard Denver's oline wasn't great at all last year. Again, give Keenum a fair chance. Haskins isn't going anywhere for awhile, and we pretty much know what we have in McCoy.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I believe
@CraigHoffman
reported this but yes Colt McCoy will be held out Thursday night. Want to keep making sure about the leg. Was held out for precautionary reasons in full team drill the other day. Held out one practice earlier too.

Glass man
Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Colt obviously rushed back and not healthy....and the Front office keeps wondering why we stay the most injured team year after year. these fucking dopes

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #19
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Colt obviously rushed back and not healthy....and the Front office keeps wondering why we stay the most injured team year after year. these fucking dopes
That could be on the player also, wanting to play and not being 100% honest about how they feel.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I believe
@CraigHoffman
reported this but yes Colt McCoy will be held out Thursday night. Want to keep making sure about the leg. Was held out for precautionary reasons in full team drill the other day. Held out one practice earlier too.

Glass man
Old 08-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #21
Warthog
The Starter

I’m glad Colt isn’t playing this game because it means more reps for Dwayne with the second team.

I wanted to see Guice play, but interested to see the Perrine vs Byron dynamic. Both those guys have been playing well in TC.

I want to see the rookie WR and second year WR. Want to see McLaurin and Quinn and Cam Sims and Harmon. I don’t care about Doctson - I think he will be dumped before the regular season. Other WR on the bubble.

Want to see Sweat make a sack or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:17 PM   #22
Warthog
The Starter

I want to see some bubble players or guys coming back from injuries that are having a really good training camp:

Parham -rookie TE

Ioannidas - second yr - DL

Davis -WR

Flyboy.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #23
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I believe
@CraigHoffman

Glass man
Yeah I don't like the fact that he's out at all. Just looks terrible considering how he ended the season last year. SMH. Maybe it is something minor (hopefully), but it is not encouraging.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #24
Warthog
The Starter

Colt has never been able to make it through a season without getting hurt. He is a journeyman BACKUP QB with a very average 75 QB rating. He has had opportunities to be the #1 QB before, and it has never worked out. He is what, 32? So does anyone really think he is going to magically transform to be an elite QB and take this team to the top of the NFC East?

At best, Colt or Case is going to take this team through five or six losses before they bring in Haskins to finish out the season.

I’d rather see Haskins start from game 1 and give him the experience, even through the losses. He’ll be that much better next season.

Flyboy.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:48 AM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I want to see some bubble players or guys coming back from injuries that are having a really good training camp:

Parham -rookie TE

Ioannidas - second yr - DL

Davis -WR

Ioannidis is entering his 4th season, but I do hope he's recovered well from his injury.

On the bubble guys, I agree the TE position will be interesting, can Flanagan and/or Holtz make the team as TE/FB ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2019, 03:36 AM   #26
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Competent passing game would be nice. We have the defense, we have good special teams play, and we have a decent Running game......we need the passing game. Stable Oline play would be a close second
While I agree I really want to see us move the ball through the air, I disagree that we "have the defense." I want them to prove it tomorrow night. On paper, yeah it looks good. But I've been burned too many times by this team to ever just assume we're going to have a solid unit, wherever it may be.

The defensive line is the only unit who has SHOWN and PROVED that they can be relied on. After that it's 2 new starters at ILB, Kerrigan and possibly a Rookie on the outsides (if not then it's Ryan Anderson on one side which is probably worse.) Not the strongest line backing core although Kerrigan is an obvious stud.

Then in the secondary we have Norman who has also PROVEN to be solid but then what? Collins is a beast, but he hasn't played a down here and we can't assume he's going to play at that previous level. (Haynsworth?) Monte has been oft hurt, who plays if he goes down? Is Dunbar coming back healthy and at a similar performance level?

Case in point; I want to see the defense play to the ability I know they're capable of. We assume they will play well and they really should, but I have been let down too many times before to just take it for granted. I think the D-Line leadership is taking over the entire defense and those men up front set the tone and culture. It could and should be something special, I just want to actually see it.

EDIT: I do realize tomorrow is Pre-Season Game 1 and there's still plenty of work to be done. I just want to see that the defense is headed in the right direction with all the talent on that side of the ball.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^I totally agree. Ill say this, easily most talent on the defensive side of the ball in over ten years. You have a couple guys approaching end of expensive contracts - R Kerrigan and Josh Norman. We need put it together this year

The coaching staff has zero excuses for defense

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No excuses for the Defense, we absolutely should be a top 12 scoring D.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I had to guess, I'd say we will average about 22 PPG on Offense (bottom 10 or so)

Give up an average of 21 PPG (Should be top 12-15).

7-9 wins possible, anything higher would be an absolute surprise
Old 08-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #30
Back2RFK
Special Teams

What a surprise I thought we were playing Friday or Saturday night and I couldn't watch either of those nights. Now I can see the game and have something to do tonight. Hell I think I will fire up the grill and smoke some wings.

With that said I just want to see us stay healthy and see future leader Haskins play.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote