Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

I have a problem in one of my leagues, for one RB position I have to chose between:

David Wilson, Monte Ball, Giovani Bernard, and Ben Tate.

My thinking in my draft was to load up in the end on rookie break out canidates because that kinda how the draft fell to me. My other RB position is fine, Trent Richardson.

Should I wait for one guy to emerge? I thought one would be now between preseason and camp.

I'm also thinking about trading my starting TE, Jimmy Graham and one of those RB for a solid starting RB. Right now my back up at TE is sleeper Jordan Cameron, who went ape shit first game with 9 catches for 108 and a TD.

Advice please.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

If I had to start one, I would go with Wilson. Yes, he fumbled but they really don't have any option but him at the RB position at this point. Jacobs may vulture some TD's but Wilson is the guy who will get them yards.

At the same time, if you can grab a solid back from a trade of Graham and (Back of tradee's choice), I would do so in a heartbeat. Cameron will be an excellent option.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
If I had to start one, I would go with Wilson. Yes, he fumbled but they really don't have any option but him at the RB position at this point. Jacobs may vulture some TD's but Wilson is the guy who will get them yards.

At the same time, if you can grab a solid back from a trade of Graham and (Back of tradee's choice), I would do so in a heartbeat. Cameron will be an excellent option.
Yeah this week Im gonna put Wilson in the starting line up out of those and wait 1 more week. If I dont see results Im gonna start the trade requests. Thing is you really cant wait to long, season is short.

He Gets Us
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #49
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Considering Wilson is about all the Giants have, he will play until he fumbles. You have to take the chance on him.

Bernard WILL take over in Cincy later in the year, but he's not start-able just yet.

Tate wouldn't be a bad play if you can't stomach starting Wilson. Their coach said it's an even split between he and Foster on carries right now. They're trying to pace Foster's carries and keep him healthy and Tate is good enough to start for any team except Minnesota and Houston. He'd give Morris a run for the job here. He's that good but since he's on a team with Foster, we don't get to see it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah Im keeping Tate because Foster could go down at any second and had naggy injuries all camp. Houston has an outstanding OL, whoever runs behind it is going to be very productive.

He Gets Us
Old 09-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
JoeRedskin

Alright, I have one for you. Standard scoring league. Flex position question.
RB1, 2: Morris, D. Murray
WR1, 2: J. Nelson, A. Green

Flex options:
S. Smith (WR) @ Buffalo
R. Mathews @ Phil

I also have as possibitlities:
Hankerson @ GBay
A. Jeffrey (WR) v. Minn
M. Brown (WR) v. Clev

At the flex, it seems obvious that it is either Smith or Mathews but Hankerson may be playable there too.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #52
JoeRedskin

Also, I have L. Bell on my roster picked him up on waivers just before week 1. Wondering, in light of latest news if he is worth stashing.

We have a 5 player bench adn Smith & Mathews are my primary Flex plays & bye subs so one will be sitting while the other plays (or both play and one of my starters is occupying the bench b/c of the bye). Eventually, Bell is my 4th back if someone goes down or possible Flex play. I like the potential on the of my other bench players (Hank, Jeffrey, Brown) and will ultimately need a replacement spot when the bye rolls around for QB, D and TE (I am carrying only one of each).

I am pretty sure I should just hold Bell and lose one of Brown/Jeffrey/Hankerson if (a) something better comes along; or (b) I need the spot for a bye player. Don't think Bell is going to light anything up even when he does come back but it's looking like he will be the starter from day 1 on his return and starting backs are hard to come by.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Alright, I have one for you. Standard scoring league. Flex position question.
RB1, 2: Morris, D. Murray
WR1, 2: J. Nelson, A. Green

Flex options:
S. Smith (WR) @ Buffalo
R. Mathews @ Phil

I also have as possibitlities:
Hankerson @ GBay
A. Jeffrey (WR) v. Minn
M. Brown (WR) v. Clev

At the flex, it seems obvious that it is either Smith or Mathews but Hankerson may be playable there too.
Nobody is consistent enough in the "possibilities" catogory, so they are out. With the flex position, its all about finding the best option most likely to score a td. I think S. Smith is that best possibility between the 2. Right now in one of my leagues im starting Matthews in a flex spot. I dont think he is a bad option because he will have opportunity to gain yards. The problem with Matthews is Woodhead and another RB (Brown?) are getting touches too.

He Gets Us
Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Also, I have L. Bell on my roster picked him up on waivers just before week 1. Wondering, in light of latest news if he is worth stashing.

We have a 5 player bench adn Smith & Mathews are my primary Flex plays & bye subs so one will be sitting while the other plays (or both play and one of my starters is occupying the bench b/c of the bye). Eventually, Bell is my 4th back if someone goes down or possible Flex play. I like the potential on the of my other bench players (Hank, Jeffrey, Brown) and will ultimately need a replacement spot when the bye rolls around for QB, D and TE (I am carrying only one of each).

I am pretty sure I should just hold Bell and lose one of Brown/Jeffrey/Hankerson if (a) something better comes along; or (b) I need the spot for a bye player. Don't think Bell is going to light anything up even when he does come back but it's looking like he will be the starter from day 1 on his return and starting backs are hard to come by.
Id hold on to Bell over M. Brown for sure. Bell should be their No 1, its all about getting the No 1 options in RB and WR positions for fantasy.

He Gets Us
Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #55
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Id hold on to Bell over M. Brown for sure. Bell should be their No 1, its all about getting the No 1 options in RB and WR positions for fantasy.
Yup. Pretty much came to the same conclusion as I was typing. At the same time, I am thinking Brown is going to make some waves, pretty sure my byes don't require me to bench more than two at any point so I should never need to dip to far down. At the same time, I think he takes over for T. Smith as the No. 1 option in the passing game by midseason. Flacco has raved publicly and privately about him and, with J.Jones down, Brown has a real shot at breaking out (like Colston so many years ago). Keep him on your watch list.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I have Wilson as well and am putting him back in my line up. He'll get going. Too good of a talent to keep on sucking and fumbling his career away.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #57
Kindoy
The Starter

20 team PPR league

Riley Cooper, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Pettis - who's the odd man out?

Sanu & Cooper are my 4th & 5th receivers, Pettis is a free agent.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
20 team PPR league

Riley Cooper, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Pettis - who's the odd man out?

Sanu & Cooper are my 4th & 5th receivers, Pettis is a free agent.
Cooper is def in. I like Sanu over pettis

He Gets Us
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Who are your big pickups at rb this week? Lucky enough to get Moreno on 2 teams and will be starting him vs Oakland.

He Gets Us
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #60
That Guy
Living Legend

starks and mcgahee were up in a couple leagues. i dont think WM is a good start this week (assuming he passes the physical), but starks could be.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote