NFL Anthem Policy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #31
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
By law you are correct but it is still a first amendment “issue” - maybe “case” was the wrong word to use. And again this is the NFL. Without the current 70% makeup of African Americans they have no product. The same can not be said for McDonalds. Those employees break the rules they simply hire new ones. The NFL players hold all the cards at the end of the day and there is no way they will follow suit with this bologna. No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The problem with this logic, is there are players lined up to take their place and the players who would walk out or strike probably cannot make the same money in other careers.

They "need" their NFL job in the prime years.

I would never second guess someone from walking away or for cashing the checks, it's up to the individual to figure out what is best for them and their family.

The product would probably suffer briefly, but the owners and organizations are much better situated to weather the storm, even if it lasted for a whole season.

Advertisements
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
The problem with this logic, is there are players lined up to take their place and the players who would walk out or strike probably cannot make the same money in other careers.

They "need" their NFL job in the prime years.

I would never second guess someone from walking away or for cashing the checks, it's up to the individual to figure out what is best for them and their family.

The product would probably suffer briefly, but the owners and organizations are much better situated to weather the storm, even if it lasted for a whole season.

All depends on how they stuck together. Do you remember the scabs? It was awful. Lol. Again once the nfl sees the ratings dip next year they will abandon this racist policy anyway. I wont watch a single game, and it aint even a slightly hard decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:23 PM   #33
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
All depends on how they stuck together. Do you remember the scabs? It was awful. Lol. Again once the nfl sees the ratings dip next year they will abandon this racist policy anyway. I wont watch a single game, and it aint even a slightly hard decision to make.

The scabs were before my time.

I don't have any faith in the NFL players' union. They are the weakest union in all the major sports leagues.

If guys are still getting suspended for smoking pot in 2018, why would anyone think they could/would tackle something real?
Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #34
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
The scabs were before my time.

I don't have any faith in the NFL players' union. They are the weakest union in all the major sports leagues.

If guys are still getting suspended for smoking pot in 2018, why would anyone think they could/would tackle something real?

Lol. I think this is something that will really hit home. They aren’t going to go to war over a blunt. This is different. They hold alot of power. They have to come together- and again after the bitch ass owners dont see a racist-...er uh ...ratings spike they will rethink that.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 PM   #35
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:

... and I know several long time Ravens' fans that didn't watch a single game this year but have said they will now go back to watching games because the league "came down on the side of America." We'll see if ratings go up, down, or stay the same.

My guess is that as long as players AND owners forget we are watching sports for entertainment and not a lecture on political correctness from the left or the right, the ratings will continue to fall.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 10:16 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
... and I know several long time Ravens' fans that didn't watch a single game this year but have said they will now go back to watching games because the league "came down on the side of America." We'll see if ratings go up, down, or stay the same.

My guess is that as long as players AND owners forget we are watching sports for entertainment and not a lecture on political correctness from the left or the right, the ratings will continue to fall.

I do not know the Ravens fans you speak of, but id be willing to bet they never stopped watching. They, like Trump, talk a big game about being patriots but the are the furthest things from it.
I, on the other hand, promise you i will not tune in to anything where money comes before righteousness and as long as a bunch of rich white guys tell a bunch of black men that they may not “stand up” for social injustice- righteousness has left the building.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Punch is triggered tonight
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #38
JoeRedskin

I do know the Ravens fans of which I speak and they are well educated men and women who felt, just as strongly as you believe the opposite, that the pre game anthem was not the proper time or place to protest, respectfully or otherwise. I also guarantee you they did not watch any games, check scores or otherwise "cheat" on their convictions.

You are free to believe what you want, but demonizing those who do not think as you do and assuming that their motivations cannot be the product of reasoned thought persuades no one of the correctness of your views.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Not at all Chico. Enjoying the Yankee game with some friends and some beers. I will say if you are not triggered by the blatant racism that is trickling down into our country out of the White House these days than you need to work on your moral makeup. Good luck.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:42 PM   #40
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Yup. I have always known he is just another liberal SJW who believes that he is entitled to the moral high-ground and that all who disagree with his world view are either evil or stupid. Of course, since stupidity and evil are objectively bad, they must be eliminated root and branch. No worries punch, I am sure the New World Order you wish to install will eradicate the undesirables.

Yes. I am now just trolling him. Hard.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:42 PM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I do know the Ravens fans of which I speak and they are well educated men and women who felt, just as strongly as you believe the opposite, that the pre game anthem was not the proper time or place to protest, respectfully or otherwise. I also guarantee you they did not watch any games, check scores or otherwise "cheat" on their convictions.

You are free to believe what you want, but demonizing those who do not think as you do and assuming that their motivations cannot be the product of reasoned thought persuades no one of the correctness of your views.

Fine than you know the small handful of bigots that put their money where their mouths are. I may not know them but I guarantee you none of them have ever felt social injustice for one second of their lives. The people who are trying to demonize these players for drawing attention to the social injustice taking place in this country are bigots JR. im sorry if they are your friends. It always amuses me when white folks drop the “time and place” line on standing up against racism by trying to paint them as unpatriotic. As if they understand, let alone give a shit, what black people put up with in the year 20-fucking-18.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Yup. I have always known he is just another liberal SJW who believes that he is entitled to the moral high-ground and that all who disagree with his world view are either evil or stupid. Of course, since stupidity and evil are objectively bad, they must be eliminated root and branch. No worries punch, I am sure the New World Order you wish to install will eradicate the undesirables.

Yes. I am now just trolling him. Hard.

Its ok man i just posted about your entitled white friends that you seem to think understand social injustice. Gtfoh. I have always known you to be a Trumper who hides behind some sort of middle of the road safe space. Have a little conviction man.
Oh and dont be so afraid to call out Malcolm, Matty, Mooby or others. But than again that would take you outside your political safe space. Lmao.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:49 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Punch get to your safe space quick when JR is out trolling.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Punch get to your safe space quick when JR is out trolling.

I have no safe space. I do not hide in some gray area like JR. I call it like I see it. And trust me when i tell you that a troll on a message board in no way strikes fear in me. Lmao. Anyway you two closet Trumpers enjoy your evening. I know i am.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #45
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Its ok man i just posted about your entitled white friends that you seem to think understand social injustice. Gtfoh. I have always known you to be a Trumper who hides behind some sort of middle of the road safe space. Have a little conviction man.
Oh and dont be so afraid to call out Malcolm, Matty, Mooby or others. But than again that would take you outside your political safe space. Lmao.

I don't know social injustice? You don't know my life dude. In fact, the more you speak, the more you demonstrate that you don't know law, history or simple respect.

Oops, I forgot your victimhood doesn't require knowledge, actual thought or rational behavior, but is rather the trump card in any dialogue. That's okay, though, I am sure your self righteousness keeps you warm at night and safe from any and disconcerting things like self-doubt.

You are absolutely right Punch in all things social justice related. Who needs oppositional thought, self-doubt, or critical thinking when you "the truth". I shall of course adopt your position before you send the thought police after me as well.