Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Maybe so Monkey, but Mathews does not score and only plays on 1st and 2nd down, AND fumbles. I guess I'm just done with him and am still wondering why I drafted him. Also, it seems like this year Phillip Rivers is passing when he gets close to scoring. They don't trust Mathews around the goal line, and I can't say I blame them. I have Marshawn and Steven Ridley, and Daryll Richardson, so I feel like I can afford to take a chance on McGahee, especially with all the RB injuries. I'm probably hurting other guys in my league putting Willis on my team. They can all go crazy over Mathews and get burned like I have been.

I do feel the Mathews pain...I own him on one team. McGahee might not be much better but it's a gamble that might pay off.

I dropped Pierre Thomas and Fred Davis for McGahee on the two teams I grabbed McGahee on.

Fred is not going to return to stud status. I grabbed Martellus Bennett Sunday morning last week and started him over Davis...jackpot. I'm not looking back, it's a money league and I don't like carrying 2 TEs...wasted roster spot to me. Quality backup RBs and WRs are far more valuable and tougher to come by then backup TEs for one bye week.

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #77
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Tough call since Jennings and Gordon BOTH have a crap QB situation.

Gordon is going to be Clevaland's clear #1 weapon on offense, perhaps their only one. McGahee will get all of the carries but they're going to be playing from behind EVERY week.

Jennings has been a disappointment but has a higher ceiling I think, but they're pretty close to even.

I'd probably wait to see how both do this week and if Jennings puts up one more mediocre week, I'd drop him for Gordon if still available then.
Thanks, what do you think about my other question I posed on the same page of the thread?

Guys and gals in my league have been active on the waiver wires and that was the reason I was thinking about getting it done early.

I went through my team last night and currently I have 6 players that I acquired after the draft.

Was able to put together a nice suad in a 12 team league with:

M Ryan # 1 QB with Flacco as a #2 (thinking of picking up Pryor or Manuel for his week 6 bye)

Spiller # 1

Bush #2

D Bryant (hated making the pick but whatever) #1

Nicks #2

Gates and Cameron are my TEs

Royal, Decker, Jennings, Tate, and Andre Ellington are my FLEX options

D is Bills and Vikes this week

K is Garret Hartley after having to drop Kai.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #78
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I do feel the Mathews pain...I own him on one team. McGahee might not be much better but it's a gamble that might pay off.

I dropped Pierre Thomas and Fred Davis for McGahee on the two teams I grabbed McGahee on.

Fred is not going to return to stud status. I grabbed Martellus Bennett Sunday morning last week and started him over Davis...jackpot. I'm not looking back, it's a money league and I don't like carrying 2 TEs...wasted roster spot to me. Quality backup RBs and WRs are far more valuable and tougher to come by then backup TEs for one bye week.
I got really lucky with my TE. I let that position go too far in my draft and drafted Fred Davis. I then picked up Julius Thomas BEFORE the season started after our draft. Studville! I dropped Davis last week for Tyler Effiert (maybe mis-spelled) Mathews will bring nothing but heartache to someone, but its not going to be me. And I agree with you, Quality RBs and WRs are the key to winning. Bennett will serve you well. I think the Redskins want to keep Jordan Reed long term and by not playing Davis as much, they can quietly let him go without a new contract after this year.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #79
That Guy
Living Legend

lots of good TEs that went late or undrafted.

winslow, myers, gates, olsen... and oakland TEs are going to be decent since their QB doesn't really throw to WRs...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #80
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Reed is definitely on my watch list for sure. I could see him being a good pickup after our bye week.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #81
scowan
The Starter

Ok, I can't do it this week. I can't start Steven Ridley against the Bucs. I'm going with Daryll Richardson against the Cowboys. I hope I don't regret it.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #82
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Reed is definitely on my watch list for sure. I could see him being a good pickup after our bye week.
I already dropped Fred Davis and picked up Reed.

Usually Antonio Gates as my main guy for now. Blah.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #83
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I already dropped Fred Davis and picked up Reed.

Usually Antonio Gates as my main guy for now. Blah.
Fred Davis has just fallen off the map. I could easily see Reed taking over that position soon. I am just still in wait and see mode. With Gates and Cameron (CLE) I am pretty set at TE.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #84
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah got him on the bench right now in one league. He's been a huge bust
How do you sit a talent like this for Brandon Jacobs and that other bum? Here they have NO running game, Eli is turning the ball over like mad, and the one guy in the backfield that can take it the distance from anywhere on the field is on the bench. Coughlin seriously blows.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #85
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Any of you guys have Steven Ridley? I don't know what to do with this guy, and there are several website that continue to project him with 10-12 points per week. Really? I saw him spliting time with L. Blount last Thursday. If he can't keep Blount off the field with his play, then what good is he? He doesn't catch passes, so he is totally a 1st, 2nd down back. I have Daryll Richerdson as well, maybe I'll start him this week.
I don't think Hoody really likes the guy IMO. He's coughed it up a few times so they're putting in Blount. He's got kind of a bad matchup this week. I'd sit his ass.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #86
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I have actually dropped Ryan Mathews for Willis McGahee. Willis will be the only offense the Browns have, once he passes his physical. I actually see him running and catching, even though he is old. Mathews is going to get you 50 yards in stats, THEN fumble and lose you points.
I picked up Chris Ogbonnaya. McGahee hasn't had any time on the field since last year. No way does he come in there and carry the load. Not that it matters cause Cleveland= fantasy graveyard.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #87
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Like jac
Old 09-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #88
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't think Hoody really likes the guy IMO. He's coughed it up a few times so they're putting in Blount. He's got kind of a bad matchup this week. I'd sit his ass.
I'd like to trade his ass, if I could find a better RB, but obviously with all the injuries, they are all gone.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #89
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Desean Jackson was a dud! F him... this week.

It was either him or Josh Gordon with Cleveland. I just didn't trust a 3rd string QB to get it done.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #90
scowan
The Starter

I got burned by J. Charles last night. The guy I'm playing this week started Charles and Desean Jackson. He has 30 and my week hasnt even started yet. ugh. Alex Smith is so timid. He won't throw to anyone unless they are wide open. J Charles is the Chief's whole offense.