Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-02-2020, 04:51 AM   #76
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I doubt he wants to coach. He is probably financially set and does not want the insecurity of a coach....moving around with a young family.
Actually struck me as having the prime mentality to coach, and plenty of guys coach in the NFL with young families. But I also suspect he could go front office too. Very smart highly motivated guy.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2020, 04:58 AM   #77
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Actually struck me as having the prime mentality to coach, and plenty of guys coach in the NFL with young families. But I also suspect he could go front office too. Very smart highly motivated guy.
Agree!

Everything about this guy screams football junky. This crazy bastard still wants to play!! I don't believe for a second, that he is going through all of this just for the money (it doesn't hurt, but he already has a shit ton of money). He is not just fading off into the sunset. He will be involved with football, in some capacity or another, for the rest of his life (working age life for sure) imo.

And young family life is way easier when that family can afford to have a parent stay at home for their full time job. Even if you have to move, that makes the transition way way easier.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I can just imagine Ron Rivera: "hey CRIPPLE, shit or get off the pot"

Also this nonsense about Bruce Allen overpaying him is stupid AF. He got paid the going market rate for a starting NFL qb, and then almost died from a freak injury. Even if he got overpaid (which he didn't) he's still earned that money.
I think the issue was extending him when he was already under contract. That was a bad business move simply because there was no history w/ Gruden and Smith. Gruden didn't run the type of offense that would have gotten the best out of Smith. Probably should have waited to see how thinks worked out before extending him.

But to me it's water under the bridge. Smtih deserves every single penny that he's being paid and then some.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:27 AM   #79
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Just watched the show, I can’t imagine what Alex and family went through. There is no way he’s playing again, nor will his wife will ever let him play again. After they cut all the infected muscle, his leg was so fucked up and deformed, the movement on his leg so limited. Dan has done what any moral, conscious man should do, pay him every penny and don’t even question it. Bravo Alex, family and Danny. Please retire next year and find him a coaching job.
After they got rid of all the bad flesh he had no fucking leg. Just nothing. I have no idea how they took muscle/tissue from his calf and quad and slapped it on a deformed shot leg and got him to the point where he is now. That is a medical miracle.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #80
MTK
\m/

Amazing story, it was scary to see how quickly the infection set it and how things went downhill for him so fast. Wish him nothing but the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #81
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
After they got rid of all the bad flesh he had no fucking leg. Just nothing. I have no idea how they took muscle/tissue from his calf and quad and slapped it on a deformed shot leg and got him to the point where he is now. That is a medical miracle.
I forgot to mention the unbelievable job the Doctors did saving Alex and his leg. You can see the emotion on them, how much they care and how involved they were. Kudos to the physical therapists and the war veterans he met and inspired him to keep going.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Snyder has done right by most players when they had personal or professional crises.

True

Old 05-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #83
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I’m 80 percent through the E60 special,got a little teary eyed when his wife and doctor were tearing up talking about amputating his leg.
As much as I want Haskins to succeed it’s hard for me not to pull for him to somehow comeback and win starting position, or at least be the backup.
And also,Damn his wife is so hot,she looks like she could have been Miss Universe or something like that

Last edited by htownskinfan; 05-02-2020 at 01:32 PM.
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:14 PM   #84
Warthog
The Starter

Even during his recovery, Alex took the time to mentor Dwayne Haskins AND Dan Snyder. I think Alex’s work with Dan Snyder, helped Snyder to cut his dependency on Bruce Allen. Also, Alex really got Haskins on the right path as our team’s QB. He got Haskins to learn the playbook and to mature as a QB and as a leader.

I thought Bruce’s contract with Alex Smith was way too generous, but I think Smith’s legacy OFF THE FIELD, will far out way what he did as our QB. The money was worth it because Dan dumped Bruce, who was a terrible GM and advisor to Snyder. Also, Alex put Haskins on the right path to become our possible franchise QB.

Finally, Alex Smith will serve as an inspiration for millions of people who watch this special. He won’t play again in the NFL, but his legacy will help this team to move forward!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #85
rome108
Special Teams

Just watched ESPN special. God bless this man and his family. Snyder needs to honor his contract and take care of him. Even though he only played for us 9 games, he was a true Redskin. No John friez or rich Gannon passing thru town type. Thank you Alex smith!!!
rome108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #86
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome108 View Post
Just watched ESPN special. God bless this man and his family. Snyder needs to honor his contract and take care of him. Even though he only played for us 9 games, he was a true Redskin. No John friez or rich Gannon passing thru town type. Thank you Alex smith!!!
How about he retires, Snyder pays him the exact same amount and he no longer cripples the rest of the team with the salary cap hit? I'm not against the guy being paid, but these cap hits for guys who will never play another down are insane (not limited to AS.) If I were an owner I'd never sign another CBA that allows cap hits for guys who are physically unable to perform again.
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #87
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I know this may sound bad considering this is about the injury but Good Lord his wife is Fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 12:23 AM   #88
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I know this may sound bad considering this is about the injury but Good Lord his wife is Fine

Facts.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:37 AM   #89
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

If I ever get married, I hope everyone thinks my wife is hot. That's a compliment to her and me. Much rather that, than someone tell me my wife is unattractive.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:39 AM   #90
Warthog
The Starter

After this season, I hope Alex Smith stays on as a team executive. He’d been an outstanding mentor to Haskins AND Dan Snyder. He can do the same for others in the organization.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote