Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lions PG

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Lions PG

Rivera doesn’t know what the hell he wants, multiple times this season he has contradicted himself with decision making.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Great points.. This loss is because of the defense - our Dline players did not generate any significant pressure on Stafford. Also, the defense played really deep in Stafford's last drive which made it easy for Stafford to make a couple of throws to reach to Prater's FG range. I knew that would happen when I recognized how deep our DBs were when Stafford was ready to snap the ball.

While Smith played better than we expected, he showed he was the same QB in the first half. I don't know if that is due to Turner's play-calling or Smith was being conserve as usual. The offense must have good start in the first half to keep us in the game. The offense always started slow in first half and then come to wake up in the second half, this trend cannot continue if we want to win games.

Despite the loss, I did see a few positives. Kamren Curl and Isaiah Wright continue to show us why they should be on the field. I realized this in the game yesterday, I haven't heard much about Ronald Darby since the opener game, which is a good thing. I wasn't a fan of signing Darby when we signed him but now I would consider signing him to an extension. I'm still concerned about his injury history though.
I agree...another example, Curl and Everette seem like a better safety combo than Apke and Collins.

Who in the fuck thought Apke was a starting safety at the beginning of season? It’s absolute 🤡 shit. Who is the retard who made that call?

Also...Bostic is a terrible LB. fucking horrible decision to bring him back

Darby been a great signing, he’s played well all year.

He Gets Us
Old 11-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Outside of Holcomb all the LBs are garbage. Need to wipe the slate clean there in the offseason.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Holcomb looks great...KPL is ok, but we need a middle linebacker to bring the defense together and take it too next level. We need linebacker who can clean up the run behind a dline that eats up the proper space...but we can’t finish.

He Gets Us
Old 11-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #35
Coff
Impact Rookie

It's hard to understand what it is about this defense that is so bad. Statistically it's a decent defense. But there are unmeasurable qualities that make it terrible. No matter what, this defense will always put the opposing team in a position to win the game. We blame coordinators, replace them, and it gets no better. We spend loads of first round draft picks trying to improve it, and it gets no better. We replace head coaches, sign free agents, and nothing gets better. Occasionally, it will play a good game. But we know what they say about stopped clocks. Usually, it will play two good quarters of football. But it typically allows other teams to take early leads, and it never stops opposing teams late in close games. When Antonio Pierce was in the middle and Gregg Williams the coordinator, it was a good defense. Since then it's been a perennial disappointment. I don't think it matters who we draft, sign, or have coaching. My theory is this: because defense much more than offense demands motivation and pride, the continual underperformance of the team's defense from year to year is a symptom of the team's dysfunction, unprofessionalism, and lack of accountability.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #36
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Well I'm back in last seasons mode...play hard, but better to have the loss and stay in the hunt for a top 5 pick and just hope that they get a QB that will be good for years...and hopefully the owner won't make the pick.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #37
rocnrik
Playmaker

It’s coaching .. it’s a mind set .. culture if you will ..at this moment we are among the worst in all of pro sports .. yea the jets maybe bad but they would beat us because we would help them beat us .. that’s the deal .WE BEAT OURSELVES!! .. maybe we need to quit drafting the best player available and actually trade down for best player for what the team needs ( which is a lot) .. we had a pretty good D line before draft last year .. what we needed was Middle Linebacker and DB .. we could have gotten at least 2 huge upgrade starters with that pick instead of a pass rusher that is really not making a huge difference ..this team does way better with the mid round picks .I’m not saying Young is not good on the right team he would be lights out however this is not looking like a great fit ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #38
SunnySide
Playmaker

Offense - I think we are starting to get a good look at what Scott Turner's offensive scheme is. QB makes quick read and throws to the safest option. This is usually a back out of the backfield (1st read by design), a back as a check down (2nd or 3rd read) or a receiver/te underneath.

Very few designed throws outside the numbers.

Lions up 24-3 in the 3rd quarter allowed our underneath offense to click. Alex Smith was something like 11 consecutive catches and like 25/30. Then with the game close, we started to struggle with the underneath/middle of the field stuff as the Lions adjusted their D.

Play action? Have we seen a single legit PA long ball this year?

------------------

Cornelius Lucas has a solid 72.6 PFF grade.
Wes Schweitzer a 64.1.
Chase Roullier 70.1
Brandon Scherff 77.7
Morgan Moses 78.0

Morgan Moses has stepped up this year. When he moved to LT and Sharpe came in, we saw a big drop off in play on that right side.

O line coach gets a ton of credit from me and makes we wonder if Callahan was too immune for criticism around here. I think Jay made a mistake giving Callahan majority say in how the run game would be designed and called.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #39
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I go outside for a minute thinking I would be back in to watch over time only to see the Lions celebrating. LOL
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #40
SunnySide
Playmaker

Apke in bc Everett suffered a high ankle sprain that may sideline him for a few weeks.

Appears Curl-Apke may be the duo for a few weeks.

And Im fine with that (because im fine with losing, Im a good loser).

I really do think this is the best 2-7 team in the history of the NFL. We are a few good starters away from being an above .500 team.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Wes Schweitzer a 64.1.
Chase Roullier 70.1
Brandon Scherff 77.7
Morgan Moses 78.0

Morgan Moses has stepped up this year. When he moved to LT and Sharpe came in, we saw a big drop off in play on that right side.

O line coach gets a ton of credit from me and makes we wonder if Callahan was too immune for criticism around here. I think Jay made a mistake giving Callahan majority say in how the run game would be designed and called.
Thanks for posting the oline info...this matches what I’m seeing. I think the oline has been good, but I think it could be much better.

My quick plan what I would do this offseason:

Sign a TE that can block, it would immensely help the oline as a whole.

Resign Roullier. Moses playing well and under contract.

Let Schreff test the market with the plan of Schweitzer moving to the right, from what Cooley says is his more natural side.

I’d develop Charles and plan him to play on the left side.

I’d look to spend the Schreff the money on Left Tackle, there are several good ones available, mainly the guy in Green Bay...maybe the Carolina LT could be available. If this wouldn’t work, then go into next season with a plan to use Charles/Lucus at LT. If we could sign one, slide Charles in at left guard and Lucus as the swing tackle.

I think Christian is depth. Wes Martin looks like another wasted oline pick.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-16-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:40 AM   #42
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Offense - I think we are starting to get a good look at what Scott Turner's offensive scheme is. QB makes quick read and throws to the safest option. This is usually a back out of the backfield (1st read by design), a back as a check down (2nd or 3rd read) or a receiver/te underneath.

Very few designed throws outside the numbers.

Lions up 24-3 in the 3rd quarter allowed our underneath offense to click. Alex Smith was something like 11 consecutive catches and like 25/30. Then with the game close, we started to struggle with the underneath/middle of the field stuff as the Lions adjusted their D.

Play action? Have we seen a single legit PA long ball this year?

------------------

Wes Schweitzer a 64.1.
Chase Roullier 70.1
Brandon Scherff 77.7
Morgan Moses 78.0

Moses has gone from good, to man WTF is wrong with him, to playing great this year.

I'd resign him to an extension before Scherff (if we could only keep 1). Way harder to find good tackles.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kendall Fuller was targeted 5 times yesterday

He gave up 5 Rec for 114 yards and 2 TDs..

Yikes
Old 11-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Kendall Fuller was targeted 5 times yesterday

He gave up 5 Rec for 114 yards and 2 TDs..

Yikes
Yeah, he was terrible. But he's been solid all season, so I'll give him a pass this weekend. Gonna have some games like that.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We need to draft a young, ATHLETIC, MLB in the 1st few rounds.

Our LB play is nowhere close to acceptable, and MLB has been beyond the worst. We need a young middle anchor.