Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-18-2019, 01:03 AM   #31
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You aren't finding anyone who is going to give up anything of value for Jordan "made of glass" Reed, either.

In every season he has missed two or more games due to injury and in countless others played at way less than 100%. He probably is only physically able to make a strong impact in an average of 8 games a year career wise. His health is not going to magically improve as he pushes 30. With his contract you would be lucky to get a bag of day old doughnuts for him. He needs to be cut.
He's worth something because of his playmaking ability....and you're exactly right in that the man has been plagued by injuries during his entire career....but depending what the Redskins would be seeking should they shop Reed the production slightly outweighs him being prone to injury

Advertisements
Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #32
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
He's worth something because of his playmaking ability....and you're exactly right in that the man has been plagued by injuries during his entire career....but depending what the Redskins would be seeking should they shop Reed the production slightly outweighs him being prone to injury
Reed's value is minimized by his contract of $9+ million per year for 3 years

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washingt...an-reed-12366/
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #33
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post

Well they would have to release him then....unless the would be team they trade him to either reworks his contract or takes over his current contract....there has to be at least one team that would make this trade.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Well they would have to release him then....unless the would be team they trade him to either reworks his contract or takes over his current contract....there has to be at least one team that would make this trade.
Desean Jackson carried a cap hit of ~$9M with the Bucs, and they just traded him and a 7th for a 6th rounder.

People, stop with this notion that Jordan Reed is worth anything in a trade. For F's sakes.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Desean Jackson carried a cap hit of ~$9M with the Bucs, and they just traded him and a 7th for a 6th rounder.

People, stop with this notion that Jordan Reed is worth anything in a trade. For F's sakes.
I'm really intrigued by Noah Fant TE from Iowa, dude is a stud. I'd love to replace Reed this yr.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #36
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post

Since he is either in street clothes or playing obviously dinged up half the time that is like paying a tight end who can't block $18 mil a year, who wants that?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #37
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

D-Jax while also with an injury history is still more reliable than Reed and still has speed to stretch a defense.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #38
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
D-Jax while also with an injury history is still more reliable than Reed and still has speed to stretch a defense.
Exactly. That was my point. He's more reliable than Reed at a similar price point, and even he was traded only for the right to swap a 7th into a 6th.

Reed is a cut or keep player. He can't be traded.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #39
Defensewins
Playmaker

Cut Reed now!
How on earth can our FO think Reed is worth $9.6 million dollar hit on our cap is fucking crazy. Even when healthy his production is not worth it ($9.6M).
What is wrong with Allen and Gruden? Are they stupid?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

Reed isn’t going anywhere unless we greatly improve our receivers, right now he’s easily our best one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #41
Schneed10
A Dude

The OP was updated to reflect the Ereck Flowers and DRC additions.

They continue to sit here with $12M in cap space, and we continue to see no news on the Brandon Scherff extension negotiations. I'm personally frustrated by both of those items.

There are still some helpful players out there, and here we sit with cap space going unused, and one of our best players going into the final year of his contract.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'm wondering how much a potential Reuben Foster suspension is affecting all these decisions. I see that Mason Foster is a potential cut, but the team probably won't do that until they find out R. Foster's fate for this upcoming season.

Also, I don't expect Scherff extension until the summer (Trent, RK were all done during the summer). I assume they'd want to get their spending for this offseason over and done with before they break the bank for Scherff.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #43
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm wondering how much a potential Reuben Foster suspension is affecting all these decisions. I see that Mason Foster is a potential cut, but the team probably won't do that until they find out R. Foster's fate for this upcoming season.

Also, I don't expect Scherff extension until the summer (Trent, RK were all done during the summer). I assume they'd want to get their spending for this offseason over and done with before they break the bank for Scherff.
You're probably right. Though if you're sitting there with $12M in cap space currently, and you know you're planning to renegotiate Scherff in the summer to pick up even more, then why the hell aren't you being more aggressive now about finding solutions in free agency. Inside LB aside, we have other needs.

Just frustrating. This team says it has a burning desire to win but it acts like it's content with 7-9.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #44
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
The OP was updated to reflect the Ereck Flowers and DRC additions.

They continue to sit here with $12M in cap space, and we continue to see no news on the Brandon Scherff extension negotiations. I'm personally frustrated by both of those items.

There are still some helpful players out there, and here we sit with cap space going unused, and one of our best players going into the final year of his contract.
I think others have mentioned that, historically, we do extensions in the summer. During his interview with JP yesterday, Bruce said that these things generally get done around NFL deadlines, so I don't think you should worry.

Really, there is any pressing reason to get a deal done now. There are no free agents out there worth spending big money on, so we don't NEED the additional cap space a Scherff extension would provide.

It also makes sense to wait until after the draft and post-June 1 cuts before extending him. Its entirely possible that during the draft, some team makes us a fantastic trade offer that involves Scherff. Or the draft plays out in such a way that a very talented guard is the BPA on our boards by a wide margin - possibly more than once. Or there is a surprise cut after the draft or June 1 of a player who is only slightly less talented than Scherff who can be had for half the cost. Or Scherff could get hurt working out.

These are just scenarios that make it wise to wait. If something doesn't get done by July/August, then we can start wondering if maybe the skins don't want to extend him or Scherff doesn't want to be here. But its way too early to get worried.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #45
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm not so much worried that Scherff won't get done. I think he will and the point is well taken that it's usually the summer.

My beef is with the assertion that there are no free agents out there currently worth spending money on. There are certainly no big names left, but did you know Ryan Grant is available? With our shitty WR situation I would think the team would sniff around on him. He's nothing more than a #3, but we need a reliable #3. We need everything.