Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM   #121
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Redskins could have gotten Haskins in the 3rd round and Sheehan would still be complaining.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Exactly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #122
rocnrik
Playmaker

So using some of this logic I’m hearing Sweat may not be that good because teams passed on him?? Lots of experts on these forums😀!! Bottom line is If handled properly Haskins can be the franchise QB this team needed.. how about the teams that passed on Other QB’s in the past drafts only to regret it big time later.. I’m so glad we did not pass on Haskins and take a another position that at the end of the day just would not matter.. QB is the most important position of all sports end of story!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #123
MTK
\m/

^ Sweat dropped due to medicals
Old 04-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #124
30gut
Playmaker

Haskins is a stud.
Jay should be able to really stretch and attack vertically with his arm talent.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #125
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Haskins big? Is facing pressure, he wasn't that great when rushed or harrased. Has some good throws though even when hit but not consistent enough.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #126
httr198020
Special Teams

My only major concern about Haskins is his experience. I would love to see a lot more than 14 starts from a guy drafted this high. However, I was very impressed with what I did see in those 14 starts. This guy has a huge arm. He's very accurate with those short and intermediate throws. He's really good at setting protections, manipulating defenders with his eyes, and getting rid of the ball quickly. There were times when he made errand throws under pressure. But there were also times when he made good throws under pressure. He's made some good throws in the run. There were times when he missed some guys on deep ball. There are were also times where made good throws down field. So there is no doubt he has some things to work on. But overall I think he's a very good qb with plenty of room and time for growth. He needs to work on his footwork and release. The good thing is all of his issues can easily be fixed with coaching and experience.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #127
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Michael Robinson brought up a very interesting point on the NFL network yesterday.....he asks despite being the Redskins 1st round pick, is Haskins mature enough at his age(21) to handle being the Redskins franchise quarterback in the DMV area where he's from and has family and close friends ? Not many quarterbacks are drafted to the team in the city where they are from.....
Old 04-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #128
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Michael Robinson brought up a very interesting point on the NFL network yesterday.....he asks despite being the Redskins 1st round pick, is Haskins mature enough at his age(21) to handle being the Redskins franchise quarterback in the DMV area where he's from and has family and close friends ? Not many quarterbacks are drafted to the team in the city where they are from.....
So there's 2 sides to this debate.

The side that says "Dwayne Haskins was showing his phone to everybody at his party, which coincidentally had a picture of his girl naked as the background" says he's not exactly mature.

Then there's the anonymous report I saw the other day that said Haskins is deliberately keeping his circle small because everybody who's ever known him at Ohio State is reaching out right now.

I feel confident to say he hasn't reached peak maturity given his age, but in due time it will happen.

Honestly my biggest fear is that he will have an 2012 RG3 type season where he lets all the success go to his head and that dooms him lol. I have a lot of issues with Gruden but his ability to put qb's in position to succeed isn't one of them.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #129
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Doing a game by game Film study on Haskins now. Hoping to see where the negatives are

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 04-28-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:30 PM   #130
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Doing a game by game Film study on Haskins now. Hoping to see where the nragatives are
Da fuq is a nragative? I kid. You will find them, because a perfect QB does not exist. But if you throw for 5k at 70%+, no way there aren't way more positives. Most of, if not all, said he killed the boardwork part of it too. Especially since we still got Sweat, there was no better use of # 15 than getting Haskins IMO.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #131
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Da fuq is a nragative? I kid. You will find them, because a perfect QB does not exist. But if you throw for 5k at 70%+, no way there aren't way more positives. Most of, if not all, said he killed the boardwork part of it too. Especially since we still got Sweat, there was no better use of # 15 than getting Haskins IMO.
No doubt. I'm definitely excited to have Haskins, he was my guy after Rosen fell through. I think he's going to be a big time QB

Old 04-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #132
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
No doubt. I'm definitely excited to have Haskins, he was my guy after Rosen fell through. I think he's going to be a big time QB

Redskins glory days were The Hogs, run it down your fucking throats, then play action deep balls. Helped having a hall of famer Monk putting in work everywhere.

That will always be my favorite type offense. Smash your teethe in up front then drop it over your heads.

Haskins deep ball is nice, its niiiiiiice. Cant wait.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #133
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

I wanted Lock, but the whole league passed on him. I don't know more than all 32. Every since the pick tho, glad we got Haskins. Big, smart, very accurate underneath, beautiful deep ball, that'll play.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #134
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No, the Giants are fine.It's fans that have a problem the Giants don't have to defend a thing.
Just saying, this is what people keep reading, when Washington is getting praised. Don't shoot the messenger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher Report
Best draft: Jaguars. I think two of the best players from this class will be Kentucky pass-rusher Josh Allen and Florida offensive tackle Jawaan Taylor. The Jaguars got both of them.

Good job: Panthers. Florida State pass-rusher Brian Burns has the chance to help instantly make that defense scary.

Something stinks in here: Giants. They took Duke quarterback Daniel Jones at No. 6 overall. That's like taking Ant-Man when the Hulk and Iron Man are still on the board.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #135
MTK
\m/

Ant man lol