Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins 2020 schedule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

I can't complain about this schedule at all honestly. Bye in the middle of the season. No short weeks except for Thanksgiving, but Dallas will also have a short week that week.

I hate prime time games just because staying up late and trying to get up for work the next day sucks, so selfishly I'm happy on that one.

But last year we had that brutal 5 game stretch to open the season which just buried all hope and I think resulted in the team giving up on Jay entirely (though he and Manusky did enough on their own to earn that). This time no such problem.

There aren't any brutal stretches of consecutive road games.

I'm not sure what I could complain about. Other than that we still figure to suck.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I can't complain about this schedule at all honestly. Bye in the middle of the season. No short weeks except for Thanksgiving, but Dallas will also have a short week that week.

I hate prime time games just because staying up late and trying to get up for work the next day sucks, so selfishly I'm happy on that one.

But last year we had that brutal 5 game stretch to open the season which just buried all hope and I think resulted in the team giving up on Jay entirely (though he and Manusky did enough on their own to earn that). This time no such problem.

There aren't any brutal stretches of consecutive road games.

I'm not sure what I could complain about. Other than that we still figure to suck.
After living the first 50 years of my life on the west coast, almost 10 years on the east coast still has not got me used to games finishing at mid night. I feel sorry for people that have to commute to an early a.m. job the next day that watch the games to the end. Fortunately for me I walk about 15 yards to work and can set my own hours.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
After living the first 50 years of my life on the west coast, almost 10 years on the east coast still has not got me used to games finishing at mid night. I feel sorry for people that have to commute to an early a.m. job the next day that watch the games to the end. Fortunately for me I walk about 15 yards to work and can set my own hours.
Try watching in the UK. If Skins are on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday night game I have to record it and watch the next day if I can't get the next day off. And no incentive to stay up and watch live last few seasons
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
Brummie Brave
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Try watching in the UK. If Skins are on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday night game I have to record it and watch the next day if I can't get the next day off. And no incentive to stay up and watch live last few seasons
I feel your pain. Its also difficult to avoid the score up until you have the chance to watch the recording and then there is no incentive to watch if we have lost.
Brummie Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

I guess weeks 12-14 are kind of brutal with consecutive road games, at Dallas on Thanksgiving, then 10 day rest to go away to Pittsburgh, then 7 day rest to go away to San Fran. That's a pretty brutal road stretch I guess. But we're losing to SF no matter how much rest or where the game is played, so in my mind it's all the same.

But then we finish home vs Seattle, home vs Carolina, and away vs Philly which is close to home.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I guess weeks 12-14 are kind of brutal with consecutive road games, at Dallas on Thanksgiving, then 10 day rest to go away to Pittsburgh, then 7 day rest to go away to San Fran. That's a pretty brutal road stretch I guess. But we're losing to SF no matter how much rest or where the game is played, so in my mind it's all the same.

But then we finish home vs Seattle, home vs Carolina, and away vs Philly which is close to home.
I am glad we play Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. I don't want to see Fedex Field covered in black and gold ...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Schedule release is the most overhyped event of the offseason. A 3 hour special last night to put the known opponents in date order? I didn't watch one second of it.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Schedule release is the most overhyped event of the offseason. A 3 hour special last night to put the known opponents in date order? I didn't watch one second of it.
Yep. Unwatchable. I'm surprised ESPN didn't have a live national anthem right before the schedule was released.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #9
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yep. Unwatchable. I'm surprised ESPN didn't have a live national anthem right before the schedule was released.
I honestly didn't know they televised it, god that has to be boring. To be honest i find the draft pretty boring to watch as well after say the top ten picks.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I honestly didn't know they televised it, god that has to be boring. To be honest i find the draft pretty boring to watch as well after say the top ten picks.
I usually only watch the top 10 picks, then just check ESPN every now and then.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #11
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

I knew it was televised, but why sit through 3 hours when you spend about 5 minutes just looking at your team's schedule the same night they're talking about it?

I watched The Wire - I'm into season 2, and it's hooked me pretty good ... I've used this lock down time to binge watch shows I have missed in the past ...

Finished The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Barry (really enjoyed that).

Am into The Wire, and Rome now ...

Still on my list Breaking Bad, Bosche, Justified, Mad Men, Dexter .... When compiling my list, it's clear to me I watch a TON of sports. And have a ton of time to get to these series.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #12
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I knew it was televised, but why sit through 3 hours when you spend about 5 minutes just looking at your team's schedule the same night they're talking about it?

I watched The Wire - I'm into season 2, and it's hooked me pretty good ... I've used this lock down time to binge watch shows I have missed in the past ...

Finished The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Barry (really enjoyed that).

Am into The Wire, and Rome now ...

Still on my list Breaking Bad, Bosche, Justified, Mad Men, Dexter .... When compiling my list, it's clear to me I watch a TON of sports. And have a ton of time to get to these series.
I loved Breaking Bad and Dexter!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #13
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah me either. I don't think I've watched that any year. I actually kind of forgot about it until I saw the thread.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I watched about 5 mins of Ryan Clark predicting the Eagles and Cowboys schedules, it was brutal.

Predicting a schedule in May is a clown show and honestly with everything going on right now, its hard to even imagine a season happening
Old 05-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #15
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
didnt even realize it was on haha
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote